Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:42 pm

My girlfriend and I went to La Trattoria on Saturday night and it was very nice! Thanks to HH3 for the recommendation.
We shared a Pizza bread, I had the Fettuccine Primavera and a beer she the Spinach Gnocchi and a wine.
The place was packed and we had to wait awhile for our mains but it was fine as the lady serving us was really nice and welcoming, she was flat out but still made the effort to come and see us and let us know there will be a wait. The serving sizes were generous and I got so full I couldn't finish mine. I have to say her Gnocchi tasted better than my Fettuccine. We had a win with the price as the lady serving us was so busy she forgot to add the Pizza bread to our bill.

Food- 8
Atmosphere- 9
Service- 9
Value- 8
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:12 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My girlfriend and I went to La Trattoria on Saturday night and it was very nice! Thanks to HH3 for the recommendation.
We shared a Pizza bread, I had the Fettuccine Primavera and a beer she the Spinach Gnocchi and a wine.
The place was packed and we had to wait awhile for our mains but it was fine as the lady serving us was really nice and welcoming, she was flat out but still made the effort to come and see us and let us know there will be a wait. The serving sizes were generous and I got so full I couldn't finish mine. I have to say her Gnocchi tasted better than my Fettuccine. We had a win with the price as the lady serving us was so busy she forgot to add the Pizza bread to our bill.

Food- 8
Atmosphere- 9
Service- 9
Value- 8

Great joint. Never had a bad feed there.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:00 am

The Dark Knight wrote:My girlfriend and I went to La Trattoria on Saturday night and it was very nice! Thanks to HH3 for the recommendation.

Food- 8
Atmosphere- 9
Service- 9
Value- 8

Did you stop in for a burger or taco next door?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:39 am

Spargo wrote:

Food- 8
Atmosphere- 9
Service- 9
Value- 8

Great joint. Never had a bad feed there.

Ditto. We had friends come down from Townsville and the night we caught up they felt like Italian, only place I'd contemplate taking them.
Last edited by Pag on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am

Seaton Hotel

We've just moved within a 5 minute drive to this place, and always heard good things, so popped down last night.

Walked in to be greeted by a very friendly guy (think he was the manager). He directed us to a quiet table in the back, away from the rowdy retirees who had congregated at the tables closest to the salad bar.

As we walked past, another friendly lady stopped us near the specials board and went through them all for us.

It was schnitzel night, so I got a chicken schnitzel with garlic prawn sauce. Thick moist schnitzel, thick sauce and about six or seven big prawns on top. The chips were a bit crispy, but still good. The salad bar was ok. No potato bake, so I got a couple of roast potatos and some pasta salad. The salad was a bit bland, but I just thought that was by design for the older clientele.

Mrs HH3 got the salt and pepper squid. She seemed to enjoy it. There was enough on her plate for her to have to leave some at the end.

I got a Sailor Jerry and coke, with a slice of lime. The Mrs got a Coopers Sparkling. (calm down rowdy).

Half way through my meal, the girl who served me came over and put three dollars down on the table. She explained that she had accidentally overcharged me for my schintzel (the sauce price had gone down). Great honesty.

A nearby table started to fill up with quite a noisy family so we didn't hang around after we finished eating.

After the meal, we went through the pokies for $3 of fun....nothing.

Two meals, two drinks - $58 - $3 = $55.

Food - 8
Atmosphere - 7
Service - 10
Value - 8

Overall - 8.25
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:13 am

HH3 wrote:Seaton Hotel

We've just moved within a 5 minute drive to this place, and always heard good things, so popped down last night.

Walked in to be greeted by a very friendly guy (think he was the manager). He directed us to a quiet table in the back, away from the rowdy retirees who had congregated at the tables closest to the salad bar.

As we walked past, another friendly lady stopped us near the specials board and went through them all for us.

It was schnitzel night, so I got a chicken schnitzel with garlic prawn sauce. Thick moist schnitzel, thick sauce and about six or seven big prawns on top. The chips were a bit crispy, but still good. The salad bar was ok. No potato bake, so I got a couple of roast potatos and some pasta salad. The salad was a bit bland, but I just thought that was by design for the older clientele.

Mrs HH3 got the salt and pepper squid. She seemed to enjoy it. There was enough on her plate for her to have to leave some at the end.

I got a Sailor Jerry and coke, with a slice of lime. The Mrs got a Coopers Sparkling. (calm down rowdy).

Half way through my meal, the girl who served me came over and put three dollars down on the table. She explained that she had accidentally overcharged me for my schintzel (the sauce price had gone down). Great honesty.

A nearby table started to fill up with quite a noisy family so we didn't hang around after we finished eating.

After the meal, we went through the pokies for $3 of fun....nothing.

COST
Two meals, two drinks - $58 - $3 = $55.

RATINGS
Food - 8
Atmosphere - 7
Service - 10
Value - 8

Overall - 8.25

Edited.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:28 pm

That’s a massive rating for the old Seaton. Foods always been OK, but nothing to write home about imho. Staff always friendly though.

Years ago (like around 12) they did a Mixed Grill for about $12 that was seriously brilliant.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 pm

JK wrote:That’s a massive rating for the old Seaton. Foods always been OK, but nothing to write home about imho. Staff always friendly though.

Years ago (like around 12) they did a Mixed Grill for about $12 that was seriously brilliant.

The only pub I've been to lately that was better than the Seaton was the Admiral.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:23 pm

HH3 wrote:
JK wrote:That’s a massive rating for the old Seaton. Foods always been OK, but nothing to write home about imho. Staff always friendly though.

The only pub I've been to lately that was better than the Seaton was the Admiral.

:shock: I'd heard some horror stories from The Seaton.

The Admiral won Best Pub or similar.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby JK » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Haven’t tried the Admiral yet, pretty keen to though
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:34 am

Part owned by a Spartans teammate. He just got back from what looked like a European pub crawl.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:25 am

JK wrote:Haven’t tried the Admiral yet, pretty keen to though

Its superb.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:Haven’t tried the Admiral yet, pretty keen to though

Its superb.

Wait until a nice summer's afternoon JK, sit out the front and watch the world go by. Top spot.

In fact, I've already enquired about booking a table for when the TDU finishes there in the Port in January.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Can also vouch for the Admiral's quality. Food and atmosphere brilliant.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am

FIL and his brother came down Saturday from Mildura & Broken Hill to fly to Cairns for a 10 day holiday so he wanted to take us out for dinner, we tried booking into the Coopers Ale House but they were full, we didn't want to travel too far as no one wanted to be deso so we decided to walk to the Mawson Lakes Hotel.
What do you know, they were full, that massive room was fully booked, they offered us a booth though with access to the buffet still, it worked out better as we were closer to the bar and it was a bit roomier.
FIL suggested that his horse shouts dinner and for us to go our hardest, him and I pick the 350g Scotch Fillet, his brother jumped on the Beef Mega Schnitzel with Ham and Pineapple topping while the missus chose the flathead that was on special.
It was all delivered to us in about 12 minutes and the steaks were cooked to perfection, the FIL said it was the best steak he'd had in a long time, mine was pretty awesome too, the mega schnitzel was a running joke, it was almost as big as the uncle, I asked him if he wanted me to come back Wednesday to pick him when he'd finish eating, it was well worth the money and he loved it, took him ages which was good as I got another couple of pints in me waiting.
The wife was a bit annoyed with her fish, she was kind of thinking it was one big piece but it was a few smaller pieces, it still tasted great though.
One small issue with the buffet was that they had forgotten to load up on the bread rolls, they did once I alerted them but they skipped warming them up for the first lot, they did apologise, generally their buffet is a meal in itself.
Anyway, all wrapped up in about an hour, full and well refreshed for the walk home.

COST: $98 for the food with a 25% off voucher, beers were well priced as was the champers.

RATINGS
Food: 9.5 (the rolls and fish cost them a point)
Atmosphere: 9 (was made better by being in the booth, we'd all had a few bevvies at home so we were all full of wit)
Service: 9 (attended to straight away, food served in how long it would've taken to cook it at home)
Value: 9.5

Overall:
Tough one here, I think I'll go a 9.25

Heading to the Greek on Halifax tonight with the boss and a couple of others for our EOFY dinner and review, pretty keen, hitting the piss after that somewhere to watch the footy on work's account.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:18 am

Flathead is always in smaller pieces and is a great tasting fish, if she got it in small pieces it means she got the genuine article (which is sometimes not the case with fish in pubs!)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:20 am

Dutchy wrote:Flathead is always in smaller pieces and is a great tasting fish, if she got it in small pieces it means she got the genuine article (which is sometimes not the case with fish in pubs!)

Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Flathead is always smaller pieces. One of the best tasting fish out there.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Flathead is always in smaller pieces and is a great tasting fish, if she got it in small pieces it means she got the genuine article (which is sometimes not the case with fish in pubs!)

Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Flathead is always smaller pieces. One of the best tasting fish out there.

Thanks fella's, I'll let her know. (points adjusted)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:29 am

Bum Crack wrote:

It certainly tasted delicious.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

It certainly tasted delicious.

And kudos to you for letting her choose it herself.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion