7%
ROCS
28%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 60

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 am

Tarca did well to snag 23 votes in a team that only won two games.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 am

Thomas from Modbury won the C6 medal last year with 26 votes in a team that also only won 2 games. Maybe the same club umpire was doing their C1's this year. It's one thing for a club umpire to show a bit of bias with decisions out on the field but a bit of integrity with casting of votes would be nice. "Legranding" has to stop otherwise the league may as well cease handing out medals in grades that have club umpires.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:13 am

Down the Hill wrote:Thomas from Modbury won the C6 medal last year with 26 votes in a team that also only won 2 games. Maybe the same club umpire was doing their C1's this year. It's one thing for a club umpire to show a bit of bias with decisions out on the field but a bit of integrity with casting of votes would be nice. "Legranding" has to stop otherwise the league may as well cease handing out medals in grades that have club umpires.

:lol: - Can someone please apply to Macquarie to add this ingenious term to the dictionary :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Thomas from Modbury won the C6 medal last year with 26 votes in a team that also only won 2 games. Maybe the same club umpire was doing their C1's this year. It's one thing for a club umpire to show a bit of bias with decisions out on the field but a bit of integrity with casting of votes would be nice. "Legranding" has to stop otherwise the league may as well cease handing out medals in grades that have club umpires.

It's not always the umpire's fault. In the lower grades, votes are still done manually and given to team managers. All club umpires need to be given access and training on how to use the match day app and the two umpires can then enter the votes together straight after the game.

Someone changing the original votes given by the umpires is not on
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Trader » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm

S Demon wrote:

It's not always the umpire's fault. In the lower grades, votes are still done manually and given to team managers. All club umpires need to be given access and training on how to use the match day app and the two umpires can then enter the votes together straight after the game.

Agreed, years ago when I umpired for a club I kept a record of all the votes submitted and then compared to the final votes from the league.
At three away games the umpires votes were changed, 1 where the away side lost by 14 goals and ended up with the 3,2 and 1!

That said, there was also a game where my club were responsible and the votes ended up changing! When I abused the team manager he admitted he lost the votes that week and then made up his own to submit to the league rather than hassle the umpires for them again! haha
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Trader wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Agreed, years ago when I umpired for a club I kept a record of all the votes submitted and then compared to the final votes from the league.
At three away games the umpires votes were changed, 1 where the away side lost by 14 goals and ended up with the 3,2 and 1!

That said, there was also a game where my club were responsible and the votes ended up changing! When I abused the team manager he admitted he lost the votes that week and then made up his own to submit to the league rather than hassle the umpires for them again! haha

Classic.

In Brett's defence he is a very good player
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:55 pm

TTG 6.7 d Goodwood Saints 4.10 Not a lot of football played today. It doesnt come much more dour than what we saw today.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby marbles » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:TTG 6.7 d Goodwood Saints 4.10 Not a lot of football played today. It doesnt come much more dour than what we saw today.

Elaborate, why do u say that
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm

marbles wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:TTG 6.7 d Goodwood Saints 4.10 Not a lot of football played today. It doesnt come much more dour than what we saw today.

Both teams had a lot of players around the footy and as a consequence the game was very congested with a lot of ball ups. No flow to the game at all. I just don't get the way Goodwood Saints play. They set up with two spare players deep in defence. Makes it hard for opposition to score, but equally hard for them. In the last term they sort of went man on man, doubled their score and nearly pinched the game. Too little too late
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:48 am

I know Rostrevor have a final scheduled at Daly Oval but the C6 GF there also? When was the last time any GF was played at a ground without fencing?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:52 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I know Rostrevor have a final scheduled at Daly Oval but the C6 GF there also? When was the last time any GF was played at a ground without fencing?

On the upside no one has to pay $15 for a D grade Grand Final!
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dirty dog » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:47 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
marbles wrote:

Both teams had a lot of players around the footy and as a consequence the game was very congested with a lot of ball ups. No flow to the game at all. I just don't get the way Goodwood Saints play. They set up with two spare players deep in defence. Makes it hard for opposition to score, but equally hard for them. In the last term they sort of went man on man, doubled their score and nearly pinched the game. Too little too late

Sounds like Paul Roos coaching against Ken Hinkley
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 pm

jo172 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I know Rostrevor have a final scheduled at Daly Oval but the C6 GF there also? When was the last time any GF was played at a ground without fencing?

I reckon they've played a low grade GF as a morning game before higher level finals before, I'd have to go and have a look at when though.

Unfortunately just another fall out from the Salisbury West thing. They'd never charge $15 for a singular game anyway

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Trader » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I reckon they've played a low grade GF as a morning game before higher level finals before, I'd have to go and have a look at when though.

Unfortunately just another fall out from the Salisbury West thing. They'd never charge $15 for a singular game anyway

Agreed, though there was a thought that with no D6/6R this weekend, that C6 was going to get paired up with the D7/7R GFs (who don't have a corrosponding C-grade).
But with ROCs making the GF, and ROCs not able to host in Div 1, it works well to pair the two ROCs side and still have the C6 GF at a neutral venue.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

:lol: - Can someone please apply to Macquarie to add this ingenious term to the dictionary :lol:

Looks like someone found a home for it
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... Legranding
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Did you see the ad underneath?
Attachments
Rule Book.png
Rule Book.png (15.78 KiB) Viewed 4427 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Can’t wait for the royalties to start flooding in.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Could we see our preseason grand finalists and spooners prediction lists yet @footychick :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:22 am

Ah..forgot about that.

Ill start marking these today. Still cant declare winner for another couple of weeks though

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League