PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:01 am

Look forward to some good karma coming my way.

Driving along Military Road near the rowing club and a bloke is hitch hiking in the bike lane. Sandy steel caps, blue yakka work strides, high-vis fleecy, high-vis vesty, beanie, back pack. Clearly not a dero, clearly on his way to work. So I stopped and asked him where he needs to get to.

"Grange Road mate"

"Where to from there then?"

"Torrensville?"

"Easy done, that's where I work mate". Dropped him at his front door.

Rob, hell of a nice fella, the old Commodore ute shat itself back at the rowing club and he was just doing his best to get to work on time. Good deed, done.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:35 am

Nice job Booney, small things can go a long way
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Pseudo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:20 am

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:22 am

Pseudo wrote:Image

You'd think they'd be running if they were trying to escape from inmates.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:Look forward to some good karma coming my way.

Driving along Military Road near the rowing club and a bloke is hitch hiking in the bike lane. Sandy steel caps, blue yakka work strides, high-vis fleecy, high-vis vesty, beanie, back pack. Clearly not a dero, clearly on his way to work. So I stopped and asked him where he needs to get to.

"Grange Road mate"

"Where to from there then?"

"Torrensville?"

"Easy done, that's where I work mate". Dropped him at his front door.

Rob, hell of a nice fella, the old Commodore ute shat itself back at the rowing club and he was just doing his best to get to work on time. Good deed, done.

I’m surprised he got in after seeing the Port Power stickers on your car..............

;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:26 pm

.Image

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Ivan Milat drives into the Belanglo Forrest with 2 backpackers in the car.

One of the back packers says "Geez, looks scary in here".

Milat says "How do you think I feel, I'm driving out of here on my own".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:25 pm

A Hawks final @ Etihad....Medallion Club Tickets on offer again..... giddy the **** up!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Corona Man wrote:A Hawks final @ Etihad....Medallion Club Tickets on offer again..... giddy the **** up!

Is this confirmed?
I got an email last week saying that Etihad won’t be getting any finals this year and all would be at the MCG
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:A Hawks final @ Etihad....Medallion Club Tickets on offer again..... giddy the **** up!

Is this confirmed?
I got an email last week saying that Etihad won’t be getting any finals this year and all would be at the MCG

No I think it’s a week by week proposition
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:24 am

Hosting a table of clients at an industry awards night Friday at Southbank. Awards themselves will be as boring as bat shit, and hosting duties can be trying at times. Food, grog, perving and the visit to King street after are appealing though.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 am

My son playing in his first footy Grand Final on Sunday @ Alberton Oval.

They asked me to fill in as Runner in about round 8, the kids took an instant liking to me so I've spent the remainder of the season in the role along with taking training for one night a week and arranging clearance strategies with the mids.

I'm usually pretty relaxed but I must say, the way they've made me feel a part of their team has made me pretty excited and nervous, it's been great considering this is our first year out there.

To add to it all, we had 5 players finish in the top 15 at the medal count on Monday night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My son playing in his first footy Grand Final on Sunday @ Alberton Oval.

They asked me to fill in as Runner in about round 8, the kids took an instant liking to me so I've spent the remainder of the season in the role along with taking training for one night a week and arranging clearance strategies with the mids.

I'm usually pretty relaxed but I must say, the way they've made me feel a part of their team has made me pretty excited and nervous, it's been great considering this is our first year out there.

To add to it all, we had 5 players finish in the top 15 at the medal count on Monday night.

You better kick the Mrs out to the couch sat night.
Need you in peak condition.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 am

Would head around mate but the swimming hole gets dug out on Sunday....otherwise I'd be there.

What time is tip off?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:29 am

Booney wrote:Would head around mate but the swimming hole gets dug out on Sunday....otherwise I'd be there.

What time is tip off?

11:50 mate. Should be a cracking game, the other team has been in great form, be both defeated the minor premiers to make the big dance.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My son playing in his first footy Grand Final on Sunday @ Alberton Oval.

Good luck mate, junior footy is so addictive to be involved in, we have our 2nd Semi on Saturday to make it to the big dance, our Sunday team have made the GF so a massive weekend ahead with the A's & B's also in the 2nd semi and our C's and U14 Girls in the GF on Sunday also.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

You better kick the Mrs out to the couch sat night.
Need you in peak condition.

I'm not umpiring on Saturday so I think a trip to the pub is due for the afternoon so fair to say I have the couch booked for myself Saturday night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:03 am

Dutchy wrote:

Good luck mate, junior footy is so addictive to be involved in, we have our 2nd Semi on Saturday to make it to the big dance, our Sunday team have made the GF so a massive weekend ahead with the A's & B's also in the 2nd semi and our C's and U14 Girls in the GF on Sunday also.

Yep, I've been heavily involved with junior footy and cricket since 2000, I've eased off a bit over the past couple of years to let my kids form their own niche and listen to other opinions.

I did get the passion when we were getting drubbed at quarter time of the 2nd semi, as soon as the boys came to the group I pulled them all in close and gave them a bit of a spiel about what we'd achieved during the year, where we were going wrong on the day and what we needed to do to win, the coach was quite happy to just let me run with it and thanked me as we walked off after the break, I was a bit pumped LOL.

Good luck to you guys too mate, your club is certainly up and about.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Yep, I've been heavily involved with junior footy and cricket since 2000, I've eased off a bit over the past couple of years to let my kids form their own niche and listen to other opinions.

I did get the passion when we were getting drubbed at quarter time of the 2nd semi, as soon as the boys came to the group I pulled them all in close and gave them a bit of a spiel about what we'd achieved during the year, where we were going wrong on the day and what we needed to do to win, the coach was quite happy to just let me run with it and thanked me as we walked off after the break, I was a bit pumped LOL.

Good luck to you guys too mate, your club is certainly up and about.

I think you've got a few kids in that side that I was lucky enough to coach through SAPSASA District Footy this year. All can play a bit and all good lads.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion