Preliminary Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:
another grub wrote:Why is it a disgrace?

If you can’t pick it up during the game then bad luck. Retrospectively stripping a game is pure garbage IMO

Agree.
There is no way they can give the win to the Eagles.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby rocketeer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:57 pm

I bet the SANFL are torn, they will desperately want North in the grand final for the crowd, but then they might have to admit that their officials did a far from stellar job monitoring the interchange.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby knowledge » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:01 pm

WTF!! 5 minutes. Surely, it’s not hard. 18 on the field and 3 on the pine! What was the North interchange official doing? Must be dyslexic!
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Jim05 wrote:

If you can’t pick it up during the game then bad luck. Retrospectively stripping a game is pure garbage IMO

Agreed 100%, it was something that needed to be picked up and dealt with then and there you can't go stripping a team of a win after a game.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Agree.

Agreed here also.
I hear there was a game in the 50's involving the Eagles, and someone else. Torrens had an extra player on the ground, and it DID get icked up during the game.
When the players lined up for the count, one of the Torrens players jumped over the fence and the fact they had 19 on the field went undiscovered.
Then there was the AFL game in Tassie, where the umpire did not hear the siren, then the side that was down kicked a goal, well after the siren, and the wiwn was allowed, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
I think the precedent has been set. If it is not picked up during the game, too late! You cannot cahnge the rules now.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm

knowledge wrote:What was the North interchange official doing? Must be dyslexic!

Looking the other way as Josh Carr ran out onto the ground whilst pulling a knuckle duster out of his sock ;)
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Great game!

Surely cant overturn the result though..
SAFC- 59 years...
StKFC- 57 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 427 times

Postby Robran » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:09 pm

This happens more than we all think nothing will happen roosters play in the GF next week. If I was the coach of the eagles I would be saying no way were rocking up next week If decision was over turned.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

The NEAFL today had a similar outcome in their GF. Southport won by 10 goals but during the game they did a head count and awarded a free to the opposition only
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

saintal wrote:Great game!

Surely cant overturn the result though..

Terrific game i agree, glad i was at the ground to witness it.
Eagles look no match for Norwood after today buy a week is a long time in footy.
Whether or not this gets turned over will be interesting, i give North a massive chance of winning next week if they go through.
8 pts made a hell of a difference at the end of the day.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:The NEAFL today had a similar outcome in their GF. Southport won by 10 goals but during the game they did a head count and awarded a free to the opposition only

Thanks for sharing.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Awarded a free? Wtf. The penalty has to match the crime JimIMHO
These outdated player count and score wiped is BS. A commission should sit and decide it.
5 mins is too long to just sweep it under the carpet.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 400 times

Postby MAY-Z » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 pm

therisingblues wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Agree.

Agreed here also.
I hear there was a game in the 50's involving the Eagles, and someone else. Torrens had an extra player on the ground, and it DID get icked up during the game.
When the players lined up for the count, one of the Torrens players jumped over the fence and the fact they had 19 on the field went undiscovered.
Then there was the AFL game in Tassie, where the umpire did not hear the siren, then the side that was down kicked a goal, well after the siren, and the wiwn was allowed, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
I think the precedent has been set. If it is not picked up during the game, too late! You cannot cahnge the rules now.

Thats incorrect re the AFL game

the result was changed 4 days later by the AFL commission , to revert the scores back to when the timekeeper thought the game should end as opposed to when the umpires ended the game.

Whichever decision is made here it will clearly be unfair to the team that is ruled against
MAY-Z
2008 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Reports that the Eagles talked to a SANFL offical about North having too many players on and nothing was done
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4189 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:The Eagles need a new coach
No point making the finals year after year and doing nothing.
47 points up today!!!
Absolutely Piss Weak
They have played finals for the last 7 years and have done stuff all!!!

Wolf Pack – I cannot agree more.

I am simply fed up with this club. No doubt we will roll up in 12 months time in much the same fashion finishing top 3. We will be outworked and outplayed by a more determined team and we will hear the same tired excuses.

Well I am sick of this. Godden – you must go. You’ve done absolutely nothing to progress this club and the game plan you employ does NOT stack up during finals.

You keep persisting with a midfield of plodders who cannot match it with the rest of the competition. You keep selecting a bunch of players who cannot kick the footy long, low and fast but rather kick scrubby little chip passes. Our team is stacked with frail bodies – Hall, Johansen, Boyd, Haylock – to name just a few who cannot be relied upon to go in hard during finals footy.

The entire team is inflicted with self-doubt that has been left untreated for so long it is now not curable. I wrote last year and I repeat. Every single club that comes up against us in the finals – no matter how far behind they may be – knows that there is a good chance we will choke. And that is a dangerous spot for us to be in.

We know Godden won’t make any wholesale changes. He never does. And we will hear the same BS messages about how he is so frustrated etc. So I’m sorry, you must go.

As far as next week, it is difficult to know how North will go. Did they show how dominant they can be? Or did they come up against a mental head-case that allowed them to get over the line? Clearly, if there was any other team in the competition playing today North would not have been allowed to get back into the game. Certainly Norwood won’t fold like this p!ssweak club.

I’m predicting Norwood will do it fairly easily by around 5 goals or so. From afar, one thing that would be great to see is if Ryswyck can make it make into the team. It would be a great reward for a stellar career. With North a bit banged up from today there might be a few spots for grabs so who knows?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Booney » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Going to get juicy, isn't it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 pm

North win. Game not overturned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Whats everyone think 5 mins with an extra player is worth? Whats a fair score deduction? Give us a score.

I say 6 pts
Last edited by another grub on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 400 times

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm

They can’t take the game of North now

But I do like the idea of whatever a team scored while having the extra player on the park is deducted if found in retrospect. I would have no problem if they implemented the rule for next season.

It’s a pretty big advantage to have an extra player in the faster paced modern football with teams pick gaps and holes in the opposition rather than the old school days of kicking long to a contested pack
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:33 pm

the joker wrote:North win. Game not overturned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SANFL has ruled on it already?
I thought they would atleast pretend they were looking into it