Preliminary Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Postby another grub » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:44 pm

So the NEAFL didnt enforce the 'wipe the score rule' because it had 'no impact on the result'....makes a mockery of the rule when officials now decide what 'impact' the breach had and decide to only implement part of the penalty.
Stupid rule.
Last edited by another grub on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:44 pm

SplitCity wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:Seb Guilhas has gone bang on Facebook.

Copy and paste on here

For a period of time during today's game North Adelaide had 19 men on the field and during that time they scored 8 points.... we lost by 5 points ....furthermore the free kick count was 30 to North and 17 to Eagles.... the combination of the '19 man cheat' and the rigged umpiring is a clear sign that the SANFL wanted North to get through in order to maximize grandfinal attendance as woodville has a much smaller support base.... for the SANFL not to correct the ruling of victory is an absolute unfathomable disgrace.... the sway of finances has trumped the basic rules of the great game which so many hold dear.... there are literally no words.... please share this post as many times as possible... there are lawyers looking at the fine print as we speak!

His post has been deleted or set to private :D

Deleted
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Big Phil » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Press Release from the SANFL

SANFL STATEMENT – PRELIMINARY FINAL

SANFL can confirm that in today’s SANFL Macca’s League Preliminary Final between Woodville West Torrens Football Club and

North Adelaide Football Club at Adelaide Oval there were 19 North Adelaide players on the field at the commencement of the fourth quarter.

SANFL is currently considering this matter and will provide a further statement as soon as possible.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby stan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I hope everyone joins us North supporters in having a minutes silence at the 19 minute mark of the Grand Final in sympathy for Eagles supporters.

If the game goes for 119 minutes we will also spend 119 seconds thinking about Power supporters. God bless them.

AND you win by 19 points.
Your going to spend nearly 2 mins thinking about Power supporters. Mate that's 2 mi mins of your life you'll never get back.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:01 pm

SplitCity wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:Seb Guilhas has gone bang on Facebook.

Copy and paste on here

For a period of time during today's game North Adelaide had 19 men on the field and during that time they scored 8 points.... we lost by 5 points ....furthermore the free kick count was 30 to North and 17 to Eagles.... the combination of the '19 man cheat' and the rigged umpiring is a clear sign that the SANFL wanted North to get through in order to maximize grandfinal attendance as woodville has a much smaller support base.... for the SANFL not to correct the ruling of victory is an absolute unfathomable disgrace.... the sway of finances has trumped the basic rules of the great game which so many hold dear.... there are literally no words.... please share this post as many times as possible... there are lawyers looking at the fine print as we speak!

His post has been deleted or set to private :D

FB_IMG_1537097221870.jpg
FB_IMG_1537097221870.jpg (69.5 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Incredible incompetence on the part of the Eagles if they knew North had 19 on the field and wished to call for a count but couldn't get their arses into gear, I mean it's not that hard.

Alternatively if the (4th) umpire was alerted in the manner required by the Rule Book but didn't arrange a player count then that's a big screw-up on the part of the SANFL. Of course it wouldn't be the first time.

It's hard to believe that the North bench (was Carr on the bench or in the stands?) didn't notice that they had 19 on the field for five whole minutes (one or two I'd get, but five?), I mean you'd think two men on the bench would ring alarm bells, and surely at the start of the quarter someone would've realized they were an unintentional 'loose man'. Having said that it's equally hard to imagine they'd deliberately cheat in such a blatant fashion.

A monumental screw-up all round by the sounds.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby sahboz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Like the look of Rozee, he'll look good in the prison bar next season :twisted:

Doubt he will leave North for port reserves
Vambo Roolz[color=#FF0000]
sahboz
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Southern Flinders

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 pm

another grub wrote:So the NEAFL didnt enforce the 'wipe the score rule' because it had 'no impact on the result'....makes a mockery of the rule when officials now decide what 'impact' the breach had and decide to only implement part of the penalty.
Stupid rule.

The 'wipe the score' was changed years ago. It's the Eagles captain's responsibility to ask the umpire for a count and if it is proven that North had too many players, the Eagles captain get awarded a free plus 50 metre penalty. Impact of the breach is irrelevant.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
another grub wrote:So the NEAFL didnt enforce the 'wipe the score rule' because it had 'no impact on the result'....makes a mockery of the rule when officials now decide what 'impact' the breach had and decide to only implement part of the penalty.
Stupid rule.

The 'wipe the score' was changed years ago. It's the Eagles captain's responsibility to ask the umpire for a count and if it is proven that North had too many players, the Eagles captain get awarded a free plus 50 metre penalty. Impact of the breach is irrelevant.

-
Last edited by whufc on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Stupid rule.

According to the rules of the game (see am bays’ earlier post), wiping the score is part of the penalty.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Magellan wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Stupid rule.

According to the rules of the game (see am bays’ earlier post), wiping the score is part of the penalty.

Cheers, missed that.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Groucho » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:55 pm

RB wrote:Having said that it's equally hard to imagine they'd deliberately cheat in such a blatant fashion.

A monumental screw-up all round by the sounds.

Who would have thought the Australian cricket team would cheat in such a blatant fashion?
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby king neptune » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:09 am

For people who aren't Norwood or North fans this SANFL GF is pick your poison... Or should that be choose your cheats?
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:21 am

I mentioned it before but it's just as blatant on the replay. I've worked at a lot of Crows and Power games at Adelaide Oval and I've never encountered such a one sided crowd as today. I'm not sure if it was because of such a great turnout from North fans or poor turn out from Woodville and Torrens fans.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:14 am

Besides all the controversy about yesterday, I really enjoyed the game. It was some great football.

Yes the umpiring was terrible but what a great game off football. It almost felt like years gone back with 2 SANFL rivals were out there have a fair dinkim crack.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mots02 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:18 am

One question for me with this is why did it take almost 5 minutes for North to get the extra player off?

Surely they would have realised that an extra was on pretty early? Most times i've seen this before there is a mad scramble to get someone off before the oppo find out and call for a count.

Not suggesting that the extra was on by choice but the time taken to rectify it is interesting.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby RB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 am

Wedgie wrote:I mentioned it before but it's just as blatant on the replay. I've worked at a lot of Crows and Power games at Adelaide Oval and I've never encountered such a one sided crowd as today. I'm not sure if it was because of such a great turnout from North fans or poor turn out from Woodville and Torrens fans.
Oh were there not many Eagles fans at the game? You hadn't mentioned this before...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 am

RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I mentioned it before but it's just as blatant on the replay. I've worked at a lot of Crows and Power games at Adelaide Oval and I've never encountered such a one sided crowd as today. I'm not sure if it was because of such a great turnout from North fans or poor turn out from Woodville and Torrens fans.
Oh were there not many Eagles fans at the game? You hadn't mentioned this before...

He tried three times to troll and no one gave him anything :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 am

mighty hounds wrote:
RB wrote:

He tried three times to troll and no one gave him anything :lol:

Only 3? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:00 am

North ahead of the rule changes by using a 6-6-7 starting position line up?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL