Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby King » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:B's - Christies beat Reynella

Dirty day for the Wineflies so far

Bit premature, Dutchy :oops: :oops:
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby tigerpie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Great effort by reynella.

Been an inconsistent year but get a crack at Flaggies one more time.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:05 pm

GF's -
13's - Reynella v Christies Beach
15's - Flagstaff Hill v Christies Beach
17.5's - Noarlunga v Cove
B’s - Flagstaff Hill v Christies Beach
A’s - Flagstaff Hill v Reynella
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby King » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm

When will Barry announce his retirement?
King
Under 16s

Postby shoe boy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 am

King wrote:When will Barry announce his retirement?

Mate you are a dead set flog!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby King » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:17 pm

shoe boy wrote:
King wrote:When will Barry announce his retirement?

Mate you are a dead set flog!

Flog or not; it is just soooo easy to “pull your chain”.
King
Under 16s

Postby Barracker1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Why is it unfair to ask the obvious question Shoe Boy. He has been roundly criticized throughout the year for a one dimensional approach to the game. No game plan no real strategy to beat good sides. He simply relies on the ability of players like Emery Mott Caudle Minns and others to produce. Watching on the weekend many thought that he was completely out coached or players weren't following instructions. Either way its a problem. Beating lowly sides by plenty means little when you fail in the big ones. Be objective and forget about flogs.
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Nick Mott wins the medal
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:03 am

Barracker1 wrote:Why is it unfair to ask the obvious question Shoe Boy. He has been roundly criticized throughout the year for a one dimensional approach to the game. No game plan no real strategy to beat good sides. He simply relies on the ability of players like Emery Mott Caudle Minns and others to produce. Watching on the weekend many thought that he was completely out coached or players weren't following instructions. Either way its a problem. Beating lowly sides by plenty means little when you fail in the big ones. Be objective and forget about flogs.

Barracker 1 "CLG" you blokes missed relegation by 3 points in Div 4 and make comment about a bloke that has a coaching record second to none . :-?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Barracker1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:36 am

Shoe Boy What has CLG got to do with anything. It states "grass roots" and that was where I started with little relevance to my post. Barry has a great record. No denying that. Barrassi had a great record and failed at Sydney when the game was past him. Parkin Sheedy Kennedy Malthouse all had great records but in the end were replaced. There comes a time for all of us that have coached to move on. That appears to be the opinion of several at your club an d I don't envy the person that has to tell him. My post wasn't a criticism of a guy that has contributed plenty to the game. It was an opinion that is wide spread. If your happy finishing third in a pretty uneven comp then that could be the problem.
Barracker1

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Come on guys, it's Mail Medal and GF week and I'm hearing crickets. Where's the love for Nick Mott, the Shoes first mail medallist since Benny Baxter in 1996. And what about the great Kieron Irvine receiving SFL Life Membership.

Can Reynella pull off the greatest upset in SFL GF history by knocking off a team that kept them goalless just 6 weeks ago. Come on Dutchy, I will even settle for you giving us yet another reminder that everyone associated with the Falcons walks on water and that Nuts Charlesworth should be the next Prime Minister.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:Nick Mott wins the medal

And Goalkicking? Fair effort!

Good luck to all teams this week- in particular Flaggies 15s/Bs/As

Mitch Johnson for the GF medal
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Come on guys, it's Mail Medal and GF week and I'm hearing crickets. Where's the love for Nick Mott, the Shoes first mail medallist since Benny Baxter in 1996. And what about the great Kieron Irvine receiving SFL Life Membership.

Can Reynella pull off the greatest upset in SFL GF history by knocking off a team that kept them goalless just 6 weeks ago. Come on Dutchy, I will even settle for you giving us yet another reminder that everyone associated with the Falcons walks on water and that Nuts Charlesworth should be the next Prime Minister.

Its GF week, time for action not talk ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am

Down the Hill wrote:Come on guys, it's Mail Medal and GF week and I'm hearing crickets. Where's the love for Nick Mott, the Shoes first mail medallist since Benny Baxter in 1996. And what about the great Kieron Irvine receiving SFL Life Membership.

Good call DTH , yes Nick had a great year bar the last 2 from injury . We believe Nick and farther Jerry to be the first farther son winners of the medal.

Also great to see young Tyson win the 17.5 medal and Ryan Hocking coming runner up for the 3rd year in a row in the B grade.

Also am sure Kieron was very proud to receive life membership .

Good luck to our 17.5 lads who will be playing to win our first junior flag .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby fathersonsfl » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey Shoe Boy, you seem to be in the know. Is it true that Kieron was seen at the end of the Medal Count being fitted out for a maroon jacket?
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Thumbs Up » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 pm

fathersonsfl wrote:Hey Shoe Boy, you seem to be in the know. Is it true that Kieron was seen at the end of the Medal Count being fitted out for a maroon jacket?

I heard Shoe Boy nominated himself for life membership and that he was after Craig Warmen's maroon jacket
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times

Postby pantherman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:44 am

If true, I think the SFL would only benefit from someone of Kieron's experience. A more knowledgeable and passionate person on the SFL you wont meet.
pantherman

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm

HE’S been nuts about Flagstaff Hill for more than a decade but after his beloved club plays in this weekend’s Southern Football League grand final, Brett Charlesworth will step down as its president.

Charlesworth, owner of SA family business Charlesworth Nuts, has decided to hand over the reins after 16 years in the role at the Falcons.

The 58 year old says it is time to inject fresh blood into the club – and he also wants to free himself up to work on business expansion plans.

When Charlesworth took over as president, the club had about eight junior teams and had not won an A-grade flag since 1985.
Rod Mitchell and Flagstaff Hill players celebrating the club’s 2017 premiership.

Now he is leaving knowing the Falcons are in a strong position with nine more junior squads, a further 22 underage premierships and a shot at claiming a three-peat of top-tier titles this Saturday.

“I went from being a junior parent to my middle son, Kain, to the president of the club overnight and I’ve been there ever since,” Charlesworth, of Flagstaff Hill, says.

“From day one, I had a pretty clear vision of what we wanted to achieve at the footy club.

“I really wanted to build a strong foundation and get the culture right.

“We’ve just been working step-by-step, ticking off lots of boxes as we went along the way to the point where now we are enjoying the greatest success the club has ever had.

“I guess it’s a good time for some fresh ideas to come in and a different approach to things.”

Charlesworth says making the Falcons’ junior teams strong, coupled with putting good people into leadership positions, has contributed to the club’s recent success.

But he regards the Flaggies’ 31-year, drought-breaking A-grade premiership in 2016 as his most memorable moment.

He is not the only club great to be leaving, no matter how the flag decider ends.

A-grade coach Rod Mitchell has also decided end his five-year tenure.

Assistant Darren Vanzetta will replace him next season.

Mitchell led the club’s B grade and then became an A-grade assistant before taking the reins in 2014.

He plans to have next year off and has not ruled out trying his hand at coaching in the SANFL in the future.

“I love the group and I love the club, but to be honest I’m running out of batteries and I just need a break,” Mitchell, 54, says.

“Flagstaff is home for me and I wouldn’t be able to coach any other SFL club.

“We know our best is good enough to win the grand final.”

Flagstaff Hill plays Reynella in the SFL grand final at Hickinbotham Oval this Saturday from 2.30pm.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dazza44 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Falcons win A Grade by 100 points, an SFL A Grade record :o Also snag the B Grade and Under 15s ... So A, B & C Grade flags all at Flagstaff Hill, plus a 3-peat in the A grade.

It's a great day to be a Bushpig =D> :D =D>
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby helicopterking » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Embarrassing Competition.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times