1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 am

How they treated Leysey?

Or how Leysy treated them?

I was unlucky enough to witness one of his outbursts towards a volunteer on the sidelines first hand when we played them last year and it took all my inner strength not to say something. You NEVER speak to volunteers the way he did.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby ramming23 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:How they treated Leysey?

I was unlucky enough to witness one of his outbursts towards a volunteer on the sidelines first hand when we played them last year and it took all my inner strength not to say something. You NEVER speak to volunteers the way he did.

I'm talking in reference to his dismissal. Would be interested to know who his outburst was towards because some of them there do need a spray every now and then, plus a lot of them get paid to do what they do! :D
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby jake the snake » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:32 pm

This isn’t playing out very pretty for either camps!
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:35 pm

ramming23 wrote:

I'm talking in reference to his dismissal. Would be interested to know who his outburst was towards because some of them there do need a spray every now and then, plus a lot of them get paid to do what they do! :D

Then they're not volunteers if they're getting paid to do it, are they?

No volunteer EVER deserves an unnecessary spray.

Without volunteers, there are no clubs

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Bullrider » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Spot on Footy Chick, from what we have heard that's the biggest problems with him, total lack of respect, no respect for volunteers, no respect for assistants (he has burnt everyone around him) no respect for the committee members and no respect for the club, which was evident by his narcissistic diatribe and dummy spit at the Best & Fairest before storming out like a spoilt brat.
As long as Pittman, Austenbery, Butterworth & Co remain the Rams will continue building good culture, attract good players, continue excellent development in seniors and juniors and they will move up the ranks, like it or not.
Bullrider
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Wasn't there a reasonable amount of smoke of GFC wanting to part way with Leys much earlier in the year? Or am i confusing myself?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 pm

its wonderful that you all have an axe to grind with mr leys, but isnt this public defamation of an individual with minimal proof of any event except someone on here "oh heard mr leys stormed out of presos last night"

so now that gives everyone the right to play lets grill leys monday?

how about we post your full name on here too, and let everyone find and post as much dirt on you as possible too yea?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:23 pm

marbles wrote:its wonderful that you all have an axe to grind with mr leys, but isnt this public defamation of an individual with minimal proof of any event except someone on here "oh heard mr leys stormed out of presos last night"

how about we post your full name on here too, and let everyone find and post as much dirt on you as possible too yea?

=)) =)) =))
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby ramming23 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Bullrider wrote:

Spot on Footy Chick, from what we have heard that's the biggest problems with him, total lack of respect, no respect for volunteers, no respect for assistants (he has burnt everyone around him) no respect for the committee members and no respect for the club, which was evident by his narcissistic diatribe and dummy spit at the Best & Fairest before storming out like a spoilt brat.
As long as Pittman, Austenbery, Butterworth & Co remain the Rams will continue building good culture, attract good players, continue excellent development in seniors and juniors and they will move up the ranks, like it or not.

He didn't have a dummy spit, he told simply used the opportunity to explain what had happened before all this kind of crap happens and he gets slammed left, right and centre. As mentioned before, I didn't particularly get a long well with Brian but everything he said on Friday night was accurate and fair. It hasn't been handled well by Austerberry at all. Water under the bridge now and good luck to them but you'd be a nervous coach at Glenunga if they can sever a B2B Premiership Coach who has a contract in place for 2019. Could be an expensive 2019 coaching year for the Rams.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:38 pm

marbles wrote:its wonderful that you all have an axe to grind with mr leys, but isnt this public defamation of an individual with minimal proof of any event except someone on here "oh heard mr leys stormed out of presos last night"

If there's proof it happened, it's fact.

We don't have an axe to grind, we are all stating facts. Can't be begrudged that.

There are about 6 people on the HV bench that can vouch for my story, as well as a myraid of spectators.

Why on earth you need to spray a volunteer when you're 9 goals up in the 3rd quarter is absolutely beyond me.

Footy Chick

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Ive known of Mr Leys when he made valuable ongoing contributions at my club

I knew him as a man who would consistently devote hours and hours of his time to juniors and seniors on & off the field each and every week

For a man who has won SANFL premierships and played a bucket load of AFL games his ongoing contribution to grassroots footy is absolutely tremendous. We as a football community are lucky to have him in our ranks

And now he has steered a bottoming out club to back to back premierships what else can the guy do right

and geeze a coach had a massive spit once upon time, first coach ever to do so was he?

He was a mongrel of a centre half back and that aggressive nature is what made him a champion of the game. Someone in your experience must of copped a bit of that passion during a pressure game im sure he was later apologetic.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:08 pm

marbles wrote:Ive known of Mr Leys when he made valuable ongoing contributions at my club

I knew him as a man who would consistently devote hours and hours of his time to juniors and seniors on & off the field each and every week

For a man who has won SANFL premierships and played a bucket load of AFL games his ongoing contribution to grassroots footy is absolutely tremendous. We as a football community are lucky to have him in our ranks

And now he has steered a bottoming out club to back to back premierships what else can the guy do right

and geeze a coach had a massive spit once upon time, first coach ever to do so was he?

He was a mongrel of a centre half back and that aggressive nature is what made him a champion of the game. Someone in your experience must of copped a bit of that passion during a pressure game im sure he was later apologetic.

Wow! That was a good read marbles!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:25 pm

No one is arguing what he's done for grassroots footy or questioning his achievements Marbles.

Footy Chick

Postby RessiesBackPocket » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:01 pm

CBC will be right around the B2B conversation if they can keep their team together. Could be a solid Div 3 squad with their current makeup
RessiesBackPocket
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby juiceleo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 am

If you go back to back do you really care what a few forum nuffies from bitter clubs think about your so called culture issues?
juiceleo
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am

marbles wrote:Ive known of Mr Leys when he made valuable ongoing contributions at my club

This is bordering on eloquent Marbles. You better get back on your meds.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Cougar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm

My Glenunga sauces tell me it's between Nathan Grima and Mick Wundke for the vacated coaching position. They want someone who can play a few games next season.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 pm

They might not be the only club looking at recruiting a player/coach.

Seems they've become fashionable again ;)

Footy Chick

Postby juiceleo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Glenunga's pretentious self image was on full display at the Division 4 grand final when their supporters began chanting 'three-peat' no more than five minutes into the first quarter. However upon observing the game it was quite clear that this could be the case in their Division 3 tilt. On another note the selectors of the best on ground medal ought to hand their heads in shame, a complete farce.
juiceleo
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 am

juiceleo wrote:Glenunga's pretentious self image was on full display at the Division 4 grand final when their supporters began chanting 'three-peat' no more than five minutes into the first quarter. However upon observing the game it was quite clear that this could be the case in their Division 3 tilt. On another note the selectors of the best on ground medal ought to hand their heads in shame, a complete farce.

Didn't the bloke from gepps win it.....I thought we has pretty good all game
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League