Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:20 pm

LMA wrote:Atley will be a regular without Polec or Chingard

Hope he plays well in losing sides........

#DepartureClub
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby carey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Joe Atley and Jarrod Lienert have signed two-year extensions at Port Adelaide until the end of 2020

Cutla big fish there!

Yep neither of them are a Dean Gore or Sam Keeridge hey.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:34 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

#DepartureClub

Murphy, Betts, Gibbs, Kennedy

The list goes on and on
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 pm

carey wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

#DepartureClub

Murphy, Betts, Gibbs, Kennedy

The list goes on and on

Murphy?

Anyway take this talk to the Carlton thread please.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2512 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:08 am

Good to lock Atley away, I expect he'll really be pushing for more AFL football in season 2019 after an injury interrupted 2018.

However, not sure where he fits into the side as we've got lots of inside mids in the side now.

Lienert showed some real poise with the ball in hand and, more importantly for our back half, the ability to kick the ball to one of his own teammates. Was an interesting to see that happen down back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:48 am

Booney wrote:Wingard won't be going anywhere.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tr ... 44acc2cc91
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 am

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:Wingard won't be going anywhere.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tr ... 44acc2cc91

Wouldn't bother reading a single thing that the Australian writes about Port. They are worse than channel 7
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:55 am

Good player who has been an All Australian but if they can get pick 6 in this “super draft” I think that’s a win for Port. It helps the salary cap pressure too if there is some
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:27 am

Brodlach wrote:Good player who has been an All Australian but if they can get pick 6 in this “super draft” I think that’s a win for Port. It helps the salary cap pressure too if there is some

Tend to agree, and at pick 6 it leaves the door slightly open for potential Rankine to be available which would pretty close to a like-type replacement.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 am

Booney wrote:Lienert showed some real poise with the ball in hand and, more importantly for our back half, the ability to kick the ball to one of his own teammates. Was an interesting to see that happen down back.

Been impressed with Lienert in the SANFL for a fair while and I thought he stepped up nicely this year. Another year of progression and you very possibly have another handy backman at your disposal for a good while to come.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 am

Jesus Christ. When the drums beat that loud there's ringing in my ******* ears.

While we need outside run in the short term we need a key position forward in the mid-long term.

If we get Lycett, Ryder can spend more time forward, but he's 30. Dixon will hold down one KP for 3-4 years as he's just about to turn 28. Marshall looks to have a very bright future but his frame needs a few summers in the gym, or, like Westhoff, he might never be the big forward crashing packs and at 19 he's a long way from being a key forward in his own right. Westhoff is 31 and more valuable roaming around the place.

If we could get in a position to secure Lukosuis and it was at the expense of Wingard I'd still be filthy but could see the longer term value in it, not any short term gain though. The other one is Ben King, he could be a longer term key forward prospect and might be more likely to be available at 5,6 or 7.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 am

Booney wrote:The other one is Ben King, he could be a longer term key forward prospect and might be more likely to be available at 5,6 or 7.

King would be my initial target.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 am

Booney wrote:If we could get in a position to secure Lukosuis and it was at the expense of Wingard I'd still be filthy but could see the longer term value in it.

Whilst you may see the value long term in it, how do you think the mass member base would see it? Thickle bunch who are desperate to see some immediate on field success, if you have a KPP sitting in the wings for a few years developing and the side is underperforming, it'll only end up worse for Port IMO.

AFL these days like it or not is mostly built on the now, not the long term - Port have deficiencies in their squad, they need to address these first and foremost.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:08 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:If we could get in a position to secure Lukosuis and it was at the expense of Wingard I'd still be filthy but could see the longer term value in it.

Whilst you may see the value long term in it, how do you think the mass member base would see it? Thickle bunch who are desperate to see some immediate on field success, if you have a KPP sitting in the wings for a few years developing and the side is underperforming, it'll only end up worse for Port IMO.

AFL these days like it or not is mostly built on the now, not the long term - Port have deficiencies in their squad, they need to address these first and foremost.

The supporter base would go ape droppings.

Yes, it is about the now....Motlop, Rockliff, Watts et al.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:13 am

The Bedge wrote:

K Cornes and Blight were laughing recently whilst basically saying "Take Rankine, let Lukocious develop elsewhere then trade for him, thats how it seems to be done these days".

Probably about right these days and I wonder whether it's factored into plans across all clubs for certain players?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mots02 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am

The Bedge wrote:

I know the ave IQ of the Alberton crowd is probably on the low end of the curve but calling your own thick is a bit harsh isn't? ;)
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 876 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Bedge » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:25 am

mots02 wrote:I know the ave IQ of the Alberton crowd is probably on the low end of the curve but calling your own thick is a bit harsh isn't? ;)

... if the shoe fits.. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mots02 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:34 am

The Bedge wrote:
mots02 wrote:I know the ave IQ of the Alberton crowd is probably on the low end of the curve but calling your own thick is a bit harsh isn't? ;)

... if the shoe fits.. :lol:

mots02
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:10 pm

mots02 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I know the ave IQ of the Alberton crowd is probably on the low end of the curve but calling your own thick is a bit harsh isn't? ;)

Low end of the curve, is that the same as the Northern end of Unley Oval? ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Booney wrote:
mots02 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Low end of the curve, is that the same as the Northern end of Unley Oval? ;)

At least the Unley Oval crowd has both ends of the curve represented ;)
mots02
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL