2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:08 am

You blokes should have been in front at half time, had the better of the first half and you should be directing some of your angst at some of the shots on goal in that first half.Couple that with the big bloke in the middle losing his focus in the last quarter. They got right under his skin.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am

Robran wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Robran wrote:The mighty roosters to win by 19 POINTS.

:shock:

Why didn't I put some coin down on that lol

I tried to but couldn't.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 am

Booney wrote:North played 1 short all game!

I feel this comment was overlooked.. well played boon :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am

Booney wrote:You blokes should have been in front at half time, had the better of the first half and you should be directing some of your angst at some of the shots on goal in that first half.Couple that with the big bloke in the middle losing his focus in the last quarter. They got right under his skin.

Bauldy was horrible all game.
Goal kicking was terrible I agree but I still maintain team selection and setup was wrong
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 am

I didn't think Norwood's goal kicking was all that bad, certainly seen worse. A few rushed points in the first quarter, and a few harder shots, which was perhaps the issue caused either bad decision-making or set-up
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:11 am

We all expect the commercial media to bollix up anything factual to do with the SANFL, but I was surprised to read this nugget on the ABC website:

The Redlegs beat the Eagles 9.15 (69) to 7.10 (52) on September 9 to get into the grand final. The team lost just one game during the minor round — against North Adelaide in round four.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-23/s ... g/10295940

(edit) the ABC article has been fixed, thanks to the freelance work from another poster.
Last edited by Pseudo on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Our local Messenger carried the headline "Norwood lining up for their 4th flag in 6 years"!!!
The story that went with it said the same thing, so it was more than just a typo.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 pm

LPH wrote:Congrats Roosters on a great victory... fully deserved Premiership.
Was so glad I went (GF No 33), atmosphere & the game itself were superb - Banner was brilliant too.
It was up there with the best Grand Finals I've seen.

As for all the WWT & others complaining about the 'validity' & all that ... not a good look.
Heard Kurt Slaven on radio Saturday - felt like ring in & asking; "Hey Kurt, R U OK?"

P.S. Pity Skeff couldn't make it to yesterday - just missed Leicester & now North... no doubt in spirit though.

Laid his ashes out in the centre square last night, was pretty special.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Was there a group of WWT supporters sitting behind the northern goals in protest
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
LPH wrote:Congrats Roosters on a great victory... fully deserved Premiership.
Was so glad I went (GF No 33), atmosphere & the game itself were superb - Banner was brilliant too.
It was up there with the best Grand Finals I've seen.

As for all the WWT & others complaining about the 'validity' & all that ... not a good look.
Heard Kurt Slaven on radio Saturday - felt like ring in & asking; "Hey Kurt, R U OK?"

P.S. Pity Skeff couldn't make it to yesterday - just missed Leicester & now North... no doubt in spirit though.

Laid his ashes out in the centre square last night, was pretty special.

Yeah, saw that on FB ... nice.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby ChickCock » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:54 pm

U Lovely Cocks :YMPARTY:
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby northerner » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 pm

I have no problem with Boyd's rant, much more well-thought out than Sebs. As an Eagles fan, I would love to have that insight into how the players are feeling.

The one point of difference I would challenge (and I saw Nat vonbertouch also mention this in her Tiser column as well as Godden himself), is the issue of momentum, and how this drama affected that momentum.

The Roosters had momentum before AND after that period of time. They had scored the last 4 goals of the third and then rattled on 8 of the next nine in the last quarter (including one whilst the 19th player was jogging off).
It is problematic to determine how much effect the 19th man had for that 4 minutes BUT to suggest that it swayed momentum is not supported statistically.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby daveswar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Just sensational.

Well done Roosters.

27 years of pain/wilderness gone.

Could not be happier.
When too much sport is never enough!!
daveswar

Been liked: 1 time

Postby daveswar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Wow. Just wow.
daveswar

Postby daveswar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:40 pm

northerner wrote:I have no problem with Boyd's rant, much more well-thought out than Sebs. As an Eagles fan, I would love to have that insight into how the players are feeling.

The one point of difference I would challenge (and I saw Nat vonbertouch also mention this in her Tiser column as well as Godden himself), is the issue of momentum, and how this drama affected that momentum.

The Roosters had momentum before AND after that period of time. They had scored the last 4 goals of the third and then rattled on 8 of the next nine in the last quarter (including one whilst the 19th player was jogging off).
It is problematic to determine how much effect the 19th man had for that 4 minutes BUT to suggest that it swayed momentum is not supported statistically.

So your team steadied to be 21 points up at the 12 minute mark of the last. 4 scoring shots to none from the 4th to twelfth minute mark. You had rested back all of that so called momentum, that “poster” should have killed North off.

So here we are at the at the 12 minute mark, Eagles are 21 points up, North have no rotations left and you lose from there.

Please explain that!
daveswar

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:46 pm

northerner wrote:I have no problem with Boyd's rant, much more well-thought out than Sebs. As an Eagles fan, I would love to have that insight into how the players are feeling.

They were up by 45 points up... the 19th man had zero impact on the result...

Something ive learnt this past week is that the Eagles are very good at deflecting away from the main issue here. That they were out worked, out coached and choked horribly
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby northerner » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:28 pm

daveswar wrote:

So your team steadied to be 21 points up at the 12 minute mark of the last. 4 scoring shots to none from the 4th to twelfth minute mark. You had rested back all of that so called momentum, that “poster” should have killed North off.

So here we are at the at the 12 minute mark, Eagles are 21 points up, North have no rotations left and you lose from there.

Please explain that!

Obviously you misread.... my bad. I am not an Eagles fan. And in fact I am suggesting exactly as you are... that its problematic that momentum was affected by the 4 mins in question because North had momentum BEFORE and AFTER. It wasn't as if the Eagles had momentum and it was wrested away from them by this 4 min period.
northerner
Reserves

Postby northerner » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:52 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

They were up by 45 points up... the 19th man had zero impact on the result...

Something ive learnt this past week is that the Eagles are very good at deflecting away from the main issue here. That they were out worked, out coached and choked horribly

Yes. And their game plan based on strangulation will be torn apart when a team takes them on. I have maintained for sometime now that the Eagles can dominate their opposition for a half but only be ahead by 6 goals. Sturt and now Norwood and North can destroy you in just 20 minutes of domination.
northerner
Reserves

Postby ChickCock » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:43 pm

daveswar wrote:Just sensational.

Well done Roosters.

27 years of pain/wilderness gone.

Could not be happier.

Couldn't agree more \:D/
ChickCock
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby therisingblues » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:54 pm

It was mentioned earlier by a poster on here, and it makes perfect sense. The issue was not dealt with during the game, regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, there's nothing that can be done afterwards.
The penalty imposed on North was done to appease the media, the online outrage machine, and the victims of the original wrong decision.
Now that wave of discontentment is past, there is a good chance that the penalty will be reversed
The AFL was completely full of shit to come out and claim they would have stripped North of the win. If the same thing happened between North Melbourne and Richmond there is no way they would reverse the result. It is a symptom of the age we live in, people not involved in situations always claim they would have done such and such an action, which is always so much more drastic than the real actual action taken by the person actually involved in it. The ingredients are an inflated ego and a means to broadcast an opinion, and presto, we have a shit-cake.
The umpire has but a few seconds to make a decision during a game, and I can think of numerous ones that perhaps affected the result over the years. That's football, we shouldn't be setting a precedent like this.
Footy is a great game, I will take it in its purest form, warts and all, over a sanitised version, decided in courtrooms and trial by media, days after the event.
The more footy and less circus the better.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL