2018 AFL Grand Final

Talk on the national game

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

Postby locky801 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:29 pm

stan wrote:Speaking of salty and of course all clubs have these types of supporters but the Collingwood fan who has started the petition to have the result reversed may in fact take the cake.

It's a good read.

Classic, perhaps some of their players should have a good hard look at themselves, number of times in the last 1/4 they were arguing with umpires whilst their opponents took off up the ground and were free.

And also the amount of times the centre bounce was NOT recalled when only one ruckman (Grundy) was favoured by it, example 1st bounce last 1/4
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:00 pm

locky801 wrote:
stan wrote:Speaking of salty and of course all clubs have these types of supporters but the Collingwood fan who has started the petition to have the result reversed may in fact take the cake.

It's a good read.

Classic, perhaps some of their players should have a good hard look at themselves, number of times in the last 1/4 they were arguing with umpires whilst their opponents took off up the ground and were free.

And also the amount of times the centre bounce was NOT recalled when only one ruckman (Grundy) was favoured by it, example 1st bounce last 1/4

Surely this is taking the piss! You can have your opinion of the blocking from the last goal, however the other 2 incidents he has mentioned is the ultimate in Nuff! You can understand people in the heat of the moment but to go away, have a sleep on it and continue to go and make a petition is incredibly idiotic.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:12 pm

I think it's a piss take.
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
locky801 wrote:

It's a good read.

Surely this is taking the piss! You can have your opinion of the blocking from the last goal, however the other 2 incidents he has mentioned is the ultimate in Nuff! You can understand people in the heat of the moment but to go away, have a sleep on it and continue to go and make a petition is incredibly idiotic.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Hasnt been mentioned much but making the new Perth Stadium the same dimensions as the MCG could only have helped WCE on GF day. When Freo finally become good enough it would only help them too.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby S Demon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 pm

Up the Eagles!!
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 pm

S Demon wrote:Up the Eagles!!
Congrats mate. Seeing your pics on FB was touching - a moment for a son and his father to remember forever.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:38 am

McGovern leaving De Goey to take that mark over Mihocek then kick in board to Vardy is one of the most memorable Grand Final moments in my time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 am

Booney wrote:McGovern leaving De Goey to take that mark over Mihocek then kick in board to Vardy is one of the most memorable Grand Final moments in my time.

It took 3 pretty special moments in 1 play to beat Collingwood.
McGovern mark and kick, Ryan mark and Sheeds goal.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:42 am

hollywood7477 wrote:Wubsy so is this premiership tainted aswell???

Nah, you guys earned this one ;)

Great game. The blocking free should’ve been paid but to even kick that goal was a beauty. I mentioned earlier that didn’t decide the game.

The Bucks has handled himself has been incredible. Genuine empathy for him and gained a lot more respect for him.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Did anyone clear the Yarra?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:19 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Booney wrote:McGovern leaving De Goey to take that mark over Mihocek then kick in board to Vardy is one of the most memorable Grand Final moments in my time.

Vardy catching it is pretty special in itself! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:21 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Wubsy so is this premiership tainted aswell???

Nah, you guys earned this one ;)

Great game. The blocking free should’ve been paid but to even kick that goal was a beauty. I mentioned earlier that didn’t decide the game.

The Bucks has handled himself has been incredible. Genuine empathy for him and gained a lot more respect for him.

the blocking free if you have seen photos Maynard actually gets Rioli high so it could have been a free to Rioli. To go back and kick a drop punt(who wouldve though a drop punt from a tight angle actually works) was outstanding.

Yes spot on Bucks has been outstanding. Firstly to go to the woman from the cheersquad to console for the banner mishap her when his head would have been all over the place getting the players ready was great and to then console the runner for his brainfade and to speak as well as he has shows how far he has come from the FIGJAM player he was.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Vardy catching it is pretty special in itself! :lol:

His contested mark in the last was pretty good to go back and slot it. The bloke can play just hasnt been able to string games in the past. Geelong supporters would agree well most would that he could play just couldnt get on the park
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby valleys07 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:50 pm

This.

For all the doubt across the week as to whether or not McGovern would line up, you just knew that if the game was tight, the script would see him have a hand or foot in the match winning play.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
locky801 wrote:

It's a good read.

Ridiculous wasn't it?
For all the decisions that could have gone either way throughout what was a fantastic Grand Final, thoroughly deserved by the Eagles, to then go back and pick out just this one, was embarrassing to begin with. When I read that Leigh Matthews was whingeing about it just reminded me how much the Vics control the footy media. But this guy and his petition just takes the cake! I hear he has over 4,000 signatures!
Contrast that with what happened in the SANFL Preliminary Final, and I think we can put WWT as a clear cut above, and kudos to all SANFL supporters for a demonstration of what "feet on the ground" looks like. Some Collingwood fans are living in fantasy land, with the Sun revolving around Victoria Park.
Having said that, I should commend Eddie McGuire and Nathan Buckley for the way they conducted themselves despite the embarrassing fracas initiated by Matthews. My respect for them has increased in equal proportions to how it has dipped for those 4,000 fans.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Matthews' point wasn't so much that it was a free kick, more that in any other game of the year it would have been paid a free so why isn't it in the GF?

I agree with him, why are finals umpires differently? Well, it's because the umpires don't want to **** it up and be known as a **** up for the rest of their careers/lives, but why don't they umpire like that all year round?

Collingwood 17 free's
West Coast 13 free's

Prelims
West Coast 23
Melbourne 21

Collingwood 18
Richmond 15

Semi's

Elimination

Qualifying

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Booney wrote:I agree with him, why are finals umpires differently? Well, it's because the umpires don't want to **** it up and be known as a **** up for the rest of their careers/lives, but why don't they umpire like that all year round?

This.. surely every fan would rather see umpiring like in finals and let the game just go every week instead of the free kick free for all we currently get.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:I agree with him, why are finals umpires differently? Well, it's because the umpires don't want to **** it up and be known as a **** up for the rest of their careers/lives, but why don't they umpire like that all year round?

This.. surely every fan would rather see umpiring like in finals and let the game just go every week instead of the free kick free for all we currently get.

Okay, it Matthews is saying that it was actually a GOOD decision, then I take back what I said about HIM.
Interesting what a story editor can do to a headline, I think they call it clickbait don't they? Maybe if I had actually clicked on the story I would have learned a bit more.
I agree, put the whistle away, let's umpire more games just like that one.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Did someone bring up bad umpiring in Grand Finals? Asking for a friend.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:36 pm

therisingblues wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Okay, it Matthews is saying that it was actually a GOOD decision, then I take back what I said about HIM.
Interesting what a story editor can do to a headline, I think they call it clickbait don't they? Maybe if I had actually clicked on the story I would have learned a bit more.
I agree, put the whistle away, let's umpire more games just like that one.

He said he thought it was a free kick, as it would be in every other game, so he's sort of with you but then he's not. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL