PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Re: North Melbourne

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 am

bennymacca wrote:So gaff chose not to be by his sick fathers side as it meant having to play for North Melbourne

It’s a fate literally worse than death :)

Not sure you'll look back on this post too fondly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 am

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:So gaff chose not to be by his sick fathers side as it meant having to play for North Melbourne

Wouldn’t in the top 20 stupidest things I’ve said on here
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

Says you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

You've obviously said some outrageously stupid things in the past then....
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby MW » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am

woah dude....
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:56 am

I thought it was kinda funny, in a dark way. Obviously I was very wrong about that.

Sorry everyone, mods feel free to delete
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am

NORTH Melbourne says there are positives to take from its failed attempt at signing free agent Andrew Gaff, who turned down its approaches and re-signed with West Coast on Sunday.

Gaff's decision to remain with the Eagles marks another missed opportunity for the Kangaroos, who were also narrowly edged out of the race for fellow uncontracted stars Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly last year.

However, North Melbourne footy boss Cameron Joyce reiterated the club would not give up on attempting to lure a big fish to Arden Street, saying it can take a lot from again being one of the last teams standing in the race for Gaff's signature.

"Something that gets missed in all of this is that a lot of clubs would have liked Andrew Gaff too," Joyce said.

"A lot probably disappeared halfway through and we were there at the end. I think we were the only ones who actually spoke to him, so that's a positive – knowing that we got so close.

"But we're also disappointed that we didn't get him over the line. Hopefully we'll be able to knock over a couple of ones that want to come in Jared Polec and Aaron Hall."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 am

While it would be nice to land these players we haven't exactly missed out on any of them.

With the exception of Treloar they have all chosen to stay at their current clubs, if we were offering them huge amounts and the players were choosing other clubs ahead of us then I might be concerned. Both Martin and Gaff also made the decision knowing their current sides would be defending Premiers, harder to walk away from a team that has proven success.

Adding the outside run that we desperately need, another 12 months of list development and then a WARCHEST to get Kelly across will still make me pretty upbeat about how the club is progressing.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:43 am

Isn't that the art of free agency, actually luring players to your club?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 am

Attachments
NORTH.jpg
NORTH.jpg (101.81 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:While it would be nice to land these players we haven't exactly missed out on any of them.

With the exception of Treloar they have all chosen to stay at their current clubs, if we were offering them huge amounts and the players were choosing other clubs ahead of us then I might be concerned. Both Martin and Gaff also made the decision knowing their current sides would be defending Premiers, harder to walk away from a team that has proven success.

Adding the outside run that we desperately need, another 12 months of list development and then a WARCHEST to get Kelly across will still make me pretty upbeat about how the club is progressing.

Spot on, we got close to getting these players, 16 other clubs didn't. In the end they have stayed at their current clubs, not gone elsewhere.

Will allow us to front end some contracts in 2019 of our stars plus Polec/Hall which means there will be no cap squeeze later on.

Josh Kelly is the obvious next target.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 am

:lol:

Like saying "I got close to bedding Jennifer Hawkins and you didn't"

So what!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:While it would be nice to land these players we haven't exactly missed out on any of them.

I’ve heard this same argument today, Roos have so much salary cap available they should have landed someone by now. A player is either going to be loyal or move for money and the Roos are throwing such big figures around and players are still staying at their original club. I reckon it’s more using the Roos to get money from their original club than actually wanting to go there.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mots02 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

Dutchy wrote:

Spot on, we got close to getting these players, 16 other clubs didn't. In the end they have stayed at their current clubs, not gone elsewhere.

Will allow us to front end some contracts in 2019 of our stars plus Polec/Hall which means there will be no cap squeeze later on.

Interesting measure of success - similar to the 'we finished higher than the 2 SA based clubs' ;)
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby bennymacca » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

It doesn’t send a very good message to their currently playing list either.

Most clubs are about filling a need - north seem to be trying to fill the lack of a star - no matter who that player is
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

Dutchy wrote:

You really are delusional sometimes. So you should, you have the best part of $2 million available in your salary cap and yet have landed no one of note. Even Brisbane look like getting Neale
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 am

Booney wrote::lol:

Like saying "I got close to bedding Jennifer Hawkins and you didn't"

So what!

But if she blew in your ear you wouldn't get goosebumps? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am

Brodlach wrote: I reckon it’s more using the Roos to get money from their original club than actually wanting to go there.

And that's actually a win for us also
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:37 am

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You really are delusional sometimes. So you should, you have the best part of $2 million available in your salary cap and yet have landed no one of note. Even Brisbane look like getting Neale

Higgins? Only an AA this year
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL