TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Australia have no ******* balls. We are going to be nice guys now apparently and the lack of agression in day one turned my beer sour. Ok the wicket is a POS road typical of these cheats. The way to go is to try and get catchers in front of the wicket, get the field up and at least risk 600 rather than giving it up with in-out fields and easy singles in the first session of a test. At 0/186 I had had enough. The icing on the cake was no slip and an edge going for four. Strarc is busting his arse and Timid Timmy has them scattered like a bar after a beer fart, not good enough son.

The selections were shite too. Siddle gets selected because he can hold up and end. Say what? We need twenty wickets to win a test and we are selecting blokes because they can bowl lots of overs and keep the runs down? What sort of ******* shit is that? Holldand is ******* shite too, we know that already. Who to pick instead, why not Zampa? We've tried just about every other tweaker in the land what's one more? At the moment we have a two man attack, I'm stunned we finished up with three wickets last night.

When you've had to watch Geelong's rubbish all year I was hoping for something better last night and was sadly disappointed.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Agree with most of that, except Holland - shit or not, he's certainly earned his opportunity over the past few seasons, it's good to see consistent Shield form finally rewarded instead of gifting caps on potential.

I was stunned the Aussies elected to field last night - only guess is they think the pitch will only get better to bat on over days 3 and 4, but a lot of defeatist like behaviours yesterday.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:Agree with most of that, except Holland - shit or not, he's certainly earned his opportunity over the past few seasons, it's good to see consistent Shield form finally rewarded instead of gifting caps on potential.

I was stunned the Aussies elected to field last night - only guess is they think the pitch will only get better to bat on over days 3 and 4, but a lot of defeatist like behaviours yesterday.

Umm pakistan won the toss, hence my call for the toss to be abolished
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:Agree with most of that, except Holland - shit or not, he's certainly earned his opportunity over the past few seasons, it's good to see consistent Shield form finally rewarded instead of gifting caps on potential.

i hope you are taking the P*ss this Bedge. we will be lucky to even bat in this game. the pitch is horrible and flat, as a batsman if you get to 30 it should be 230!

I agree with the shield form is good, but Holland is a dead set snuff. how he gets wickets here is beyond me and i think we should have taken Zampa or Swepson, Agar needs to play next game over holland
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Umm pakistan won the toss, hence my call for the toss to be abolished

Ah righto my bad - when I first checked in on the cricket app yesterday arvo on my way home it said Australia won the toss and elected to field. :oops:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Yes Sids
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Siddle with an early wicket

4/260
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby locky801 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Knock them over for 320-350 will be a great recovery, lets just hope it happens
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3706 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Beer or optimism?

They are scoring at a tick over 2.5 per over so a result still possible.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:11 pm

100 overs with the same ball, says a lot I think
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby locky801 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Siddle will get a new 5 year contract with these figures :D :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3706 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Australia have no ******* balls. We are going to be nice guys now apparently and the lack of agression in day one turned my beer sour. Ok the wicket is a POS road typical of these cheats. The way to go is to try and get catchers in front of the wicket, get the field up and at least risk 600 rather than giving it up with in-out fields and easy singles in the first session of a test. At 0/186 I had had enough. The icing on the cake was no slip and an edge going for four. Strarc is busting his arse and Timid Timmy has them scattered like a bar after a beer fart, not good enough son.

The selections were shite too. Siddle gets selected because he can hold up and end. Say what? We need twenty wickets to win a test and we are selecting blokes because they can bowl lots of overs and keep the runs down? What sort of ******* shit is that? Holldand is ******* shite too, we know that already. Who to pick instead, why not Zampa? We've tried just about every other tweaker in the land what's one more? At the moment we have a two man attack, I'm stunned we finished up with three wickets last night.

When you've had to watch Geelong's rubbish all year I was hoping for something better last night and was sadly disappointed.

Regards,

REB
So blood Doggett or Neser instead of playing Siddle then?

Missing Hazlewood and Cummins is massive.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:37 pm

And Pattinson (who hit a ton today in futures league)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

i hope you are taking the P*ss this Bedge. we will be lucky to even bat in this game. the pitch is horrible and flat, as a batsman if you get to 30 it should be 230!

I agree with the shield form is good, but Holland is a dead set snuff. how he gets wickets here is beyond me and i think we should have taken Zampa or Swepson, Agar needs to play next game over holland
Talking cricket with a mate while watchimg last night I said hopefully Zampa and Swepson have good shield seasons to give them a chance to push for higher honours.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Brodlach wrote:And Pattinson (who hit a ton today in futures league)
Ah yes forgot about him, probably because I've written him off playing international cricket again.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Is there a reason for their horrible run rate despite bat dominating the ball? Keeps us in the game
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Australia have no ******* balls. We are going to be nice guys now apparently and the lack of agression in day one turned my beer sour. Ok the wicket is a POS road typical of these cheats. The way to go is to try and get catchers in front of the wicket, get the field up and at least risk 600 rather than giving it up with in-out fields and easy singles in the first session of a test. At 0/186 I had had enough. The icing on the cake was no slip and an edge going for four. Strarc is busting his arse and Timid Timmy has them scattered like a bar after a beer fart, not good enough son.

Regards,

REB

Bit rich calling these guys cheats and saying the pitch is a road, Aussie pitches have been just as flat for the past few seasons other then Adelaide and cheating well we know what happened there :D
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Talking cricket with a mate while watchimg last night I said hopefully Zampa and Swepson have good shield seasons to give them a chance to push for higher honours.

Swepson maybe Zampa no way.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Grenville wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Swepson maybe Zampa no way.

Usman Qadir? Could be a surprise selection for Western Australia in the Shield this year.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:47 pm

3 metres? Gefugged
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext