Trade + Draft Period 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:41 pm

The AFL confirms Gold Coast will receive pick 3 as compensation for losing losing free agent Tom Lynch to Richmond
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Geelong saying they believed Krueger would go well above 42 in this years draft so in their opinion they have a bargain. Be another slap in Carlton's face if he is successful.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 pm

WEST Coast hasn't ruled out matching Port Adelaide's five-year, $3m offer to restricted free agent Scott Lycett.

The Eagles are facing a ruck shortage if the premiership big man departs, with Nic Naitanui (knee) already set to be sidelined for most of 2019.

West Coast has until 1pm AEDT on Tuesday to decide whether to match, which would either force the Power into a trade, Lycett to stay in the west or to enter the draft.

"Obviously we need a ruckman, so it's certainly something we need to consider," football manager Craig Vozzo said.

Vozzo insisted the Eagles had salary cap space to keep Lycett, despite star onballer Andrew Gaff turning his back on North Melbourne's monster contract offer and re-signing long-term.

He believed the 26-year-old would be comfortable staying in the west, if the Eagles matched the deal.

"I think he's been obviously really happy at our club for eight years and having just experienced a Grand Final is in a really good space," Vozzo said.

"I don't think it would be the end of the world for him."

Lycett's manager Colin Young remained "fairly positive" his client would get to Alberton.

"I'd be surprised (if West Coast matched Port's offer) but you never say never in this industry," Young told NAB AFL Trade Radio.

"There's not much you can do about it. We all know the rules and regulations going into it.

"I’m still fairly confident. West Coast have done a lot of work as well – I think they've had a couple of (rival ruckmen) over and gone through their new home, so I’m sure they've got (plans) A, B and C themselves lined up."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby beef » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:Geelong saying they believed Krueger would go well above 42 in this years draft so in their opinion they have a bargain. Be another slap in Carlton's face if he is successful.

Think they have their Tim Kelly goggles on. Be surprised if he would've gone that high in this year draft. If selected at all, was thinking rookie pick.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Young said he hoped a deal to get Adelaide forward Mitch McGovern to Carlton would be done "sooner rather than later".

"I bumped into the CEO of the Crows on Brownlow Medal morning and we had a good conversation. It was all positive so we just can't see it not happening."

And he said veteran Mark LeCras had indicated before leaving on the Eagles' end-of-season trip that he wanted to play again next year.

"He certainly was keen to go around again as of about 10 days ago.
"

One year contract coming up?
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:26 pm

PORT Adelaide expects Chad Wingard to be at the Power next season.

Port head of football Chris Davies said while he understood there was interest in the mercurial forward – the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn at the front of the queue – he doesn't think Wingard will leave in coming days.

"Nothing's changed really, in regard to Chad, he's a contracted player for us in 2019," Davies said after AFL clubs met at Marvel Stadium on Monday.

"I saw (WB list boss) Sammy Power's comments about they've got some interest (but) I think the reality is right now nothing has compelled Chad to suggest he doesn't want to be at Port Adelaide as it stands.

"So … from our end we'd only need to know if he wasn't planning on being with us, so Chad looks to be with us in 2019."

Jared Polec is likely to join North Melbourne, with Davies saying the two clubs "took a step forward" on the opening day of trade talks.

"I'd be surprised if some sort of deal wasn't done in regards to Polly."
DOC
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:29 pm

beef wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Geelong saying they believed Krueger would go well above 42 in this years draft so in their opinion they have a bargain. Be another slap in Carlton's face if he is successful.

Think they have their Tim Kelly goggles on. Be surprised if he would've gone that high in this year draft. If selected at all, was thinking rookie pick.

Positive for the kid who was probably thinking he was over a month away from knowing his future, now can get ready to move to the Cats and an AFL pre-season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:
beef wrote:

Positive for the kid who was probably thinking he was over a month away from knowing his future, now can get ready to move to the Cats and an AFL pre-season.

Could probably wear his South gear.

After missing(?) out on the draft last year, his family moved from Victor to Adelaide. Normally that would get you closer to Noarlunga. Nope, moved to Semaphore but got himself to everything. He was/is committed.
DOC
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Yeah have heard very good things of his year at South, is he the first of the Bamford kids to get drafted?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Setterfield nominates Carlton
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3535 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Geelong want "at least a top 10" pick for Kelly.

GEELONG has demanded at least a top-10 draft pick for Tim Kelly if the star midfielder is to return home to a WA club.

Twelve months after securing Kelly with the 24th pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft, the Cats have declared they want an "exceptional deal".

"His value's increased enormously and it's going to have to be an exceptional deal for us to even consider it," Wells told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday.

"Definitely he's worth a top-10 pick, I would've thought, and perhaps more.

"Our intention at the moment, unless we're totally satisfied, is he will be playing for us in 2019."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Fair call too, was worth pick 24 untried.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Booney wrote:Geelong want "at least a top 10" pick for Kelly.

GEELONG has demanded at least a top-10 draft pick for Tim Kelly if the star midfielder is to return home to a WA club.

Twelve months after securing Kelly with the 24th pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft, the Cats have declared they want an "exceptional deal".

"His value's increased enormously and it's going to have to be an exceptional deal for us to even consider it," Wells told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday.

"Our intention at the moment, unless we're totally satisfied, is he will be playing for us in 2019."
Well then he'll be playing at Geelong or Freo I would say.

We simply don't have a top 10 pick and Freo look like they'll need there first rounders for Hogan.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Lycetts manager has said it's "complete rubbish" that Lycett has asked West Coast to match the offer.

He's also said McGovern isn't moving because of money, so......I'm a little worried.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm

ADELAIDE has set its sights on Sturt goalsneak Shane McAdam while emphatically ruling out making a play for Geelong ruckman Zac Smith.

Crows list manager Justin Reid told The Advertiser that McAdam — a revelation in his first year in the SANFL with the Double Blues this year — is on the club’s radar and could be part of a deal for wantaway forward Mitch McGovern.

“We are speaking to Carlton about the access it has to mature-age talent,’’ Reid said.

“We just need to see how things play out in regards to the deal with Carlton for Mitch McGovern."

Adelaide met with Carlton at Marvel Stadium on Monday to continue to work on a deal to send McGovern to the Blues.

Reid said talks were “amicable" and an agreement could be struck within “48 hours".

It is understood the Crows are seeking McAdam and a good draft pick for the 23-year-old McGovern, who is still under contract.

“We’re having mature conversations with Carlton and we’ll see how things pan out over the next 48 hours or so," Reid said.

“We won’t put a timeline on it because things can change quickly during trade period but we are having mature chats."

Reid described reports Adelaide is interested in trading for giant Cat Smith as “wrong’’ and insisted his club is not chasing a ruckman in the trade period, despite its heavy reliance on 30-year-old ironman Sam Jacobs.
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:Yeah have heard very good things of his year at South, is he the first of the Bamford kids to get drafted?

Caleb Daniel
DOC
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Gold Coast Suns have signed Chris Burgess from West Adelaide and Josh Corbett from Werribee as special assistance players.

Well done Burgo
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby helicopterking » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 pm

stan wrote:

We simply don't have a top 10 pick and Freo look like they'll need there first rounders for Hogan.

Not worth a top 10 Pick.
Interesting to see how Geelong go for the next 3 years with an ageing list and poor depth. I guess Scott keeps topping up until he leaves.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby stan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:36 am

helicopterking wrote:
stan wrote:

Not worth a top 10 Pick.
Interesting to see how Geelong go for the next 3 years with an ageing list and poor depth. I guess Scott keeps topping up until he leaves.
I don't think so either and really we don't have it to trade with so it's well not going to happen.

I think Geelong are addressing the aging list issue now, played a few more younger players this year as well as letting go a few older types.

Just added Kruger to the list as well. A nice size 19 year old.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL