Trade + Draft Period 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am

I can say this, any free agent ( restricted or unrestricted ) will be getting overs at their new club from here on in. Money and length of contract.

I've been saying for over 2 years that 2 year contracts are a thing of the past, players want security of 3,4,5 year deals.

To answer your question, yes, I think it's overs but the industry doesn't think so anymore so we as fans need to adjust our thinking accordingly.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 am

Booney wrote:You blokes repeating Rucci articles?

Coming from a low base here lads. :lol:

The ruck-forward is being touted as the missing link for Port, who were beaten preliminary finalists last season - but Hinkley dismisses such talk as a media beat-up.

"Without being disrespectful, the people who are saying Paddy's the missing piece are writing the stories and producing the shows," Hinkley told reporters on Thursday.

"I'm not going to sit here and deny Paddy Ryder is a significant get for our footy club because he is, and we're really happy to have him here.

"But he's not the missing piece ... you're not one player away from being a great side."

"as the missing link for Port" - Is there a more used phrase in the AFL than this???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:27 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

The ruck-forward is being touted as the missing link for Port, who were beaten preliminary finalists last season - but Hinkley dismisses such talk as a media beat-up.

"Without being disrespectful, the people who are saying Paddy's the missing piece are writing the stories and producing the shows," Hinkley told reporters on Thursday.

"I'm not going to sit here and deny Paddy Ryder is a significant get for our footy club because he is, and we're really happy to have him here.

"But he's not the missing piece ... you're not one player away from being a great side."

"as the missing link for Port" - Is there a more used phrase in the AFL than this???

Probably not, but while it's the media and morons using it and not the club I'll smile about it. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Probably not, but while it's the media and morons using it and not the club I'll smile about it. :lol:

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:33 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Lycett the final piece to the puzzle

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Coming from a low base here lads. [emoji38]

Probably not, but while it's the media and morons using it and not the club I'll smile about it. [emoji38]

Salty cola?!?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby DOC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:39 am

PORT Adelaide has defended its trades from last year and says it has no plans to trade Chad Wingard.

Footy boss Chris Davies also said free agent acquisition Scott Lycett filled a critical list need and has been on the Power's radar for years.

This time last year Port recruited Jack Watts, Tom Rockliff and Steven Motlop in a bumper trade period, but went on to miss the finals.

"Clearly, while they showed glimpses of why we brought them in last year, they didn't show the consistency we would have liked," David said on Trade Radio.

"Having had a year in the system I've got no doubt they will be better from the run.

"I'm not sure we'd say much more other than we want greater consistency from our whole list and those three guys included."

Davies said despite rampant speculation, Port wants to keep Wingard.

"To be clear, Chad doesn't need to tell us that he's staying, he's contracted for 2019.

"Right now there's no conversation we've had with Chad or his management that suggests he wants out, so we're planning for Chad to be at our footy club in 2019.

"A number of clubs have expressed some interest but none of those have been compelling enough for us to change our mind … there is a lot of talk about a situation that right now could end up with no change to the status quo."

Davies also revealed Port Adelaide "had a crack" at Lycett, a South Australian junior, before he signed his last contract with the Eagles in 2014.

"Having Lycett and Ryder will provide us with two quality ruckmen who can both play forward as well, I imagine they will both mix and match," he said.

"Where Paddy was out last year we tended to struggle so we think we've addressed that need and we'll look at what happens in the rest of the trade period."

Davies said the Power was happy to help midfielder Karl Amon move back to Victoria – where he's likely to join Hawthorn or St Kilda – and there had been no discussions about recruiting Harley Bennell amid reports Fremantle is interested in moving him on just months after re-signing him on a one-year deal.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:45 am

Port Adelaide midfielder Karl Amon appears to be heading home to Victoria next season.

His manager Liam Pickering says he is talking to Hawthorn and St Kilda about the speedy wingman who was recruited with No.68 pick in the 2013 draft.

“It’s a discussion absolutely with Hawthorn, we’ve spoken to St Kilda about him as well," Pickering said on SEN.

“He’s contracted to Port Adelaide, if we can get him back to Melbourne, I think both parties would probably look at it – including the Power.

“He’s not unhappy at Port Adelaide, but opportunities, he didn’t get a lot of them this year."

Amon, 22, has played 42 games in four seasons at Alberton but just six this year.

Pickering said he had received some inquiries about Hawks ruckman Jonathon Ceglar but he expects him to stay put.

“He’s contracted and had this stage I’d say that’s exactly where he will be.

“We’ve had some enquires about him. It’s something that hasn’t got to or progressed anywhere.

“He’s happy to stay, absolutely.”
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am

shiel-art1.jpg
shiel-art1.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 660 times

Can it be?
DOC
Coach

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:17 pm

DOC wrote:
shiel-art1.jpg

Can it be?

Let’s hope
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Turbo wrote:
DOC wrote:
shiel-art1.jpg

Can it be?

Let’s hope

If he isn’t coming to us I’d prefer he goes to Carlton over the Hawks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Shiel and Setterfield for pick 1 is my guess.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Shiel and Setterfield for pick 1 is my guess.

Except for the fact that Shiel is coming to us ;)
Jim05
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:19 pm

ESSENDON is believed to have secured the prize signature of Greater Western Sydney onballer Dylan Shiel.

The Bombers have trumped St Kilda, Carlton and Hawthorn for the 25-year-old midfielder, who will provide the outside run and ball delivery so vital in today's game.

Essendon players met with Shiel last week before the former Caulfield Grammarian flew into Melbourne this morning.

"Hopefully it comes out today. I'll meet with my manager and see how it goes," said Shiel on his arrival.

Shield has played 135 games (64 goals) for GWS since being taken with a 17-year-old access selectionby the Giants in 2011. He was an All-Australian selection in 2017.
DOC
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Shiel and Setterfield for pick 1 is my guess.

Except for the fact that Shiel is coming to us ;)

Shhhhhh Jim...
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm

DOC wrote:ESSENDON is believed to have secured the prize signature of Greater Western Sydney onballer Dylan Shiel.

The Bombers have trumped St Kilda, Carlton and Hawthorn for the 25-year-old midfielder, who will provide the outside run and ball delivery so vital in today's game.

Essendon players met with Shiel last week before the former Caulfield Grammarian flew into Melbourne this morning.

"Hopefully it comes out today. I'll meet with my manager and see how it goes," said Shiel on his arrival.

Shield has played 135 games (64 goals) for GWS since being taken with a 17-year-old access selectionby the Giants in 2011. He was an All-Australian selection in 2017.

FFS..... His Wiki page has already been updated.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Splinter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm

What are Essendon likely to give up to get him Jim?
Splinter

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:32 pm

Splinter wrote:What are Essendon likely to give up to get him Jim?

This years first and possibly a second or player/s.
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Essendon will start of in true Essendon style by offering a 4th round pick to start with.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Essendon will start of in true Essendon style by offering a 4th round pick to start with.

Lol
Shiel is a Connors client. No trade is announced by him until a deal can be facilitated. GWS and Essendon would have been already working on it for awhile
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL