Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:24 am

Wedgie wrote:
Magellan wrote:The appeal of Gold Class cinemas. Went for the first time at Marion on Saturday night.

I could've found plenty of better ways to spend what would've totaled $170 (granted, we were using a $100 gift voucher) for (a) a seat in the theatre, (b) 2 glasses of wine; (c) a small serve of nachos; (d) a lukewarm pizza; and (e) a bottle of fizzy water. The nachos and pizza clocked in at $24 bucks each. The seats was about $42 a pop, plus the obligatory booking fee.

For some ridiculous reason the cinema's air con was set somewhere between 'freezing' and 'wintertime in Greenland.'

Glad I've finally experienced it, but I don't know what the fuss is all about.

I prefer the West Lakes Gold Class set up and its only $20 a ticket. And the dip platters are sensational.
And you get the big screen unlike Marion.


Im a West Lakes man myself, but....

If you go to Parabanks, you get a pleather recliner in all cinemas, jumbo versions of popcorn and drinks, and a decent size screen.

The food in all Gold Classes is shit, and listening to people eating and whispering about who gets what on the plate is annoying,

Only thing about Parabanks is navigating the unlit carpark at night.....bit dicey.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11639
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 3300 times
Been liked: 2431 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am

Parabanks itself is dicey. Period.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13710
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4314 times
Been liked: 4288 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:40 am

Spargo wrote:Parabanks itself is dicey. Period.


We saw the 9.30pm screening of Winchester there.

The walk through the carpark afterwards was scarier than the movie.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11639
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 3300 times
Been liked: 2431 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:41 am

Spargo wrote:Parabanks itself is dicey. Period.

I always check in on Facebook if I have to go there, that way the police know where to begin the search.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 pm

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Parabanks itself is dicey. Period.


We saw the 9.30pm screening of Winchester there.

The walk through the carpark afterwards was scarier than the movie.

It wasn’t the movie though, it was sawn off shot guns out of car windows.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11185
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1135 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:20 pm

If I get on the piss and have a late night I still get up early and get through the day no worries.

When I do the right thing, take it easy and go to bed at a decent time I feel as flat as a pancake.

Where's the justice????
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby JK » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 am

Took the kids to a Playground at Alberton yesterday. At some stage some chick came in with a little girl maybe 18-24 months old.

Chick/guardian sat in the corner on her phone while the girl was playing, on the highest apparatus and standing right on the ledge, millimeters from a 6 foot drop. I looked at the chick, then the girl then the chick again who gave zero impression she was going to intervene.

In this day and age it’s hard to know what you can and can’t do around other people’s children but I thought “F*** it” and started heading toward the little girl who was either scared or confused and clearly in need of help. As I got closer I looked again at her guardian who finally looked up, waved at me to move away and gave me a filthy look.

Thankfully she bolted in time to stop the girl from falling as I’m certain she would have. Not sure how people can pay such little attention especially to someone so young. :evil:
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby heater31 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:51 am

Working in the space of providing playground for early learning it's swinging back to risk/reward play.....but the adults still need to pay attention for this type of situations!
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 16129
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 494 times
Been liked: 1191 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby JK » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:28 pm

heater31 wrote:Working in the space of providing playground for early learning it's swinging back to risk/reward play.....but the adults still need to pay attention for this type of situations!


And I respect that approach, and the fact the somewhat padded surface helps a bit, but this little tot was tiny and could have seriously hurt herself
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Brodlach » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:30 pm

You did the right thing, had she fallen and done nothing you would have regretted it and felt far worse
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39932
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3085 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby JK » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:You did the right thing, had she fallen and done nothing you would have regretted it and felt far worse


Yeah Im comfortable with that, just couldn't understand how inattentive the chick was
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby locky801 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:You did the right thing, had she fallen and done nothing you would have regretted it and felt far worse


Yeah Im comfortable with that, just couldn't understand how inattentive the chick was


Being on your phone and social media is far way more important these days unfortunately :( :(
my team stagnant and on the road to nowhere
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
Posts: 48443
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: working all around Australia and loving it
Has liked: 2098 times
Been liked: 746 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Pseudo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:18 pm

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:You did the right thing, had she fallen and done nothing you would have regretted it and felt far worse


Yeah Im comfortable with that, just couldn't understand how inattentive the chick was

If she was the attentive sort then she wouldn't have ended up with a kid...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1285 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:17 am

Its really surprising how many parents take their kids to the playground and sit there on their phones.

I regularly take HH3 Jnr to Point Malcolm Reserve, and its amazing how many little kids I've had to help down from somewhere. The same thing happened a lot down at the wooden playground at Pt Noarlunga when I used to take him there. Basically just let their kids climb up 6-10ft structures with no supervision. And a lot of the time, if the kid gets hurt, the parents tee off on the kid, or kids playing with them.

Most of the parents just hang out at the tables and zone out. Or socialise with each other rather than paying attention to their own kids safety.

If anyone fires up, I'm sure I could make them look like a piece of shit in front of everyone with a few words, so not too worried.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11639
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 3300 times
Been liked: 2431 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 am

HH3 wrote:Its really surprising how many parents take their kids to the playground and sit there on their phones.

I regularly take HH3 Jnr to Point Malcolm Reserve, and its amazing how many little kids I've had to help down from somewhere. The same thing happened a lot down at the wooden playground at Pt Noarlunga when I used to take him there. Basically just let their kids climb up 6-10ft structures with no supervision. And a lot of the time, if the kid gets hurt, the parents tee off on the kid, or kids playing with them.

Most of the parents just hang out at the tables and zone out. Or socialise with each other rather than paying attention to their own kids safety.

If anyone fires up, I'm sure I could make them look like a piece of shit in front of everyone with a few words, so not too worried.


I can see you doing this with your cape flowing in the breeze...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13710
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4314 times
Been liked: 4288 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:40 am

Spargo wrote:
HH3 wrote:Its really surprising how many parents take their kids to the playground and sit there on their phones.

I regularly take HH3 Jnr to Point Malcolm Reserve, and its amazing how many little kids I've had to help down from somewhere. The same thing happened a lot down at the wooden playground at Pt Noarlunga when I used to take him there. Basically just let their kids climb up 6-10ft structures with no supervision. And a lot of the time, if the kid gets hurt, the parents tee off on the kid, or kids playing with them.

Most of the parents just hang out at the tables and zone out. Or socialise with each other rather than paying attention to their own kids safety.

If anyone fires up, I'm sure I could make them look like a piece of shit in front of everyone with a few words, so not too worried.


I can see you doing this with your cape flowing in the breeze...


I do sometimes accidentally put my undies on the outside.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
User avatar
HH3
Coach
 
Posts: 11639
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Has liked: 3300 times
Been liked: 2431 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

JK wrote:Took the kids to a Playground at Alberton yesterday. At some stage some chick came in with a little girl maybe 18-24 months old.

Chick/guardian sat in the corner on her phone while the girl was playing, on the highest apparatus and standing right on the ledge, millimeters from a 6 foot drop. I looked at the chick, then the girl then the chick again who gave zero impression she was going to intervene.

In this day and age it’s hard to know what you can and can’t do around other people’s children but I thought “F*** it” and started heading toward the little girl who was either scared or confused and clearly in need of help. As I got closer I looked again at her guardian who finally looked up, waved at me to move away and gave me a filthy look.

Thankfully she bolted in time to stop the girl from falling as I’m certain she would have. Not sure how people can pay such little attention especially to someone so young. :evil:


St Patricks or the "hidden park"?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 52935
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6189 times
Been liked: 9146 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Brodlach » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
HH3 wrote:Its really surprising how many parents take their kids to the playground and sit there on their phones.

I regularly take HH3 Jnr to Point Malcolm Reserve, and its amazing how many little kids I've had to help down from somewhere. The same thing happened a lot down at the wooden playground at Pt Noarlunga when I used to take him there. Basically just let their kids climb up 6-10ft structures with no supervision. And a lot of the time, if the kid gets hurt, the parents tee off on the kid, or kids playing with them.

Most of the parents just hang out at the tables and zone out. Or socialise with each other rather than paying attention to their own kids safety.

If anyone fires up, I'm sure I could make them look like a piece of shit in front of everyone with a few words, so not too worried.


I can see you doing this with your cape flowing in the breeze...


I do sometimes accidentally put my undies on the outside.



“Accidentally”
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39932
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3085 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 am

How do nose hairs grow so quickly?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 52935
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6189 times
Been liked: 9146 times

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 am

Booney wrote:How do nose hairs grow so quickly?


I think for that too, along with my ear hair.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
User avatar
Failed Creation
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21176
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am
Location: Location, Location.
Has liked: 3244 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests