Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 am

amber_fluid wrote:Do you think Gavin Wanganeen was the first to training each day?
If you have ability and can play surely that’s the number 1 priority for the club?

Players like Wingard are rare.
Yes but it does get to a point where this behavior drags the rest of the group down.

That Big Footy info backs up a story I'd heard during the season that the on field leaders were pleading with the match committee to get rid of him every week.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:46 am

There was also an incident of an inappropriate message written on a football post game and handed to a young supporter.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am

bertiebeatle wrote:Below is from someone on BigFooty that is definitely in the know & is 99% correct with his info. I know it is BigFooty so a lot gets exaggerated, but the bits & pieces I read on there, this bloke & 1 other on the Port board I know get there info from the club & I trust them..

Ok so here's the 4-1-1. I've had a number of PMs pleading for reasoning. So here goes.
He's the laziest player on the list bar none. He ****s around at training, is always the last to arrive and the first to leave. Never does extra sessions.

He fails to respond to contact from the high performance teams about his appalling body composition. In fact as we speak he is the only player not to check in with their composition this off-season despite repeated attempts at contact.

He locks himself away on Fortnite for away games, bringing his gaming gear with him and sits in his hotel room often alone.

The club have tried desperately to get him to lift his game and he has refused to respond.

He has no interest in achieving premiership success and he has no drive to succeed. A player in it for the lifestyle.

The club have lost patience, they don't want him. This was happening since day 1 of pre-season. His attitude absolutely stinks and his petulance on social media has driven a final wedge.

We've tried everything to accommodate him, and he's given us nothing.

The club understand he will likely succeed at another club but the factors for this will be things the PAFC cannot control.

The players themselves have run out of patience with him, he genuinely doesn't get on with Chad Cornes - reason being Chad has demanded more from him and driven him with the whip and Wingard can't take it.

The official reasoning - "We are here to win premierships, and Chad does not share that desire."

I am fully on the club's side here. It hurts, it burns. It aches. However you all agree you want a club with a spine, you've got one.

Chad Wingard has become damaging to the playing group.

You can see the above from a mile away, I agree with Port's decision, shape up or ship out.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:54 am

HH3 wrote:Sounds like he has nominated a club, and this is just another variation of "He isn't any good anyway".

Classic.

Interesting he didn’t select North Melbourne considering they are a #destinationclub
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am

heater31 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Do you think Gavin Wanganeen was the first to training each day?
If you have ability and can play surely that’s the number 1 priority for the club?

Players like Wingard are rare.
Yes but it does get to a point where this behavior drags the rest of the group down.

That Big Footy info backs up a story I'd heard during the season that the on field leaders were pleading with the match committee to get rid of him every week.

I’d take a AA player and gun like Wingard over Boak, Ebert etc. anyday.

How bad is Wingards behaviour though?
Playing Video games and staying in his hotel room isn’t exactly that bad is it?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 am

Brodlach wrote:
HH3 wrote:Sounds like he has nominated a club, and this is just another variation of "He isn't any good anyway".

Classic.

Interesting he didn’t select North Melbourne considering they are a #destinationclub

Enjoy your annual player exodus.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Robran » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am

Dutchy wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Below is from someone on BigFooty that is definitely in the know & is 99% correct with his info. I know it is BigFooty so a lot gets exaggerated, but the bits & pieces I read on there, this bloke & 1 other on the Port board I know get there info from the club & I trust them..

Ok so here's the 4-1-1. I've had a number of PMs pleading for reasoning. So here goes.
He's the laziest player on the list bar none. He ****s around at training, is always the last to arrive and the first to leave. Never does extra sessions.

He fails to respond to contact from the high performance teams about his appalling body composition. In fact as we speak he is the only player not to check in with their composition this off-season despite repeated attempts at contact.

He locks himself away on Fortnite for away games, bringing his gaming gear with him and sits in his hotel room often alone.

The club have tried desperately to get him to lift his game and he has refused to respond.

He has no interest in achieving premiership success and he has no drive to succeed. A player in it for the lifestyle.

The club have lost patience, they don't want him. This was happening since day 1 of pre-season. His attitude absolutely stinks and his petulance on social media has driven a final wedge.

We've tried everything to accommodate him, and he's given us nothing.

The club understand he will likely succeed at another club but the factors for this will be things the PAFC cannot control.

The players themselves have run out of patience with him, he genuinely doesn't get on with Chad Cornes - reason being Chad has demanded more from him and driven him with the whip and Wingard can't take it.

The official reasoning - "We are here to win premierships, and Chad does not share that desire."

I am fully on the club's side here. It hurts, it burns. It aches. However you all agree you want a club with a spine, you've got one.

Chad Wingard has become damaging to the playing group.

You can see the above from a mile away, I agree with Port's decision, shape up or ship out.

Port will be a better club with out the individual prick, I still get angry every time I see the footage of him doing his hammy in a game on taking a mark but the selfish prick was 15 metres out straight out in front so decided to have the shot instead of giving it to a team mate to finish off.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 am

Booney wrote:Wingard won't be going anywhere.

Polec might not be putting the house on the market just yet either.....

Survey says!!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LukyMYp2noo

Clueless!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am

HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Classic.

#haventwatchedagamesince99
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am

HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Classic.

Seems every team has players leaving, not just us.

#watchednogamesinthepastdecade

Edit. Beat me to it MH
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am

HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Classic.

#feederclub
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 am

mighty hounds wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Classic.

#haventwatchedagamesince99

In that case he is referring to Tony Modra leaving.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:40 am

amber_fluid wrote:I’d take a AA player and gun like Wingard over Boak, Ebert etc. anyday.

Boak and Ebert aren't as talented as Wingard, no question.

However, if you're talking about giving everything, every minute of every game for the guernsey, the team and the club then Wingard is running a distant third in that race. Boak and Ebert walk off the ground every weekend spent, I can't say the same about Wingard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I’d take a AA player and gun like Wingard over Boak, Ebert etc. anyday.

However, if you're talking about giving everything, every minute of every game for the guernsey, the team and the club then Wingard is running a distant third in that race. Boak and Ebert walk off the ground every weekend spent, I can't say the same about Wingard.

Don’t disagree there.
But players with natural talent do need to be cut some slack IMO.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Don’t disagree there.

Maybe he has been for long enough and the whispers about senior players being unhappy with him are true.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:21 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Don’t disagree there.

Maybe he has been for long enough and the whispers about senior players being unhappy with him are true.

And yet he is still worth a first rounder + Burton? Or according to some, 2 first rounders and Burton!?

If all of these whispers are true it sounds like he's no longer welcome at Alberton - the Hawks just need to hold their nerve and get him for next to nothing at the end of the trade period.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:25 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:In that case he is referring to Tony Modra leaving.

Modras leaving?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 am

I'd have taken Burton and 15 and run. If Burton is as cranky at being thrown up as suggested then you'd think he'd also want out.

If we only get 15 for Wingard we've been shafted, again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby beef » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:26 am

If all this true about wingard, surely Hinkley and Boak need to take some responsibility. They have obviously allowed it to go on. Pull him up on it early and he either changes or push him out. Can't complain about his behaviour/attitude if you do nothing about it. Actions you walk past are actions you accept.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby mots02 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 am

I wonder if the crows might enter the discussions involving Burton if Kelly wants out?

Crows send a pick to the Hawks... Hawks send 2 picks to Port for Wingard?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL