Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Postby LMA » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:15 am

Listen to Amber on this one, just seen him at the meatbeaters, Wingard to Carlton for number 1
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby marbles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 am

amber_fluid wrote:
marbles wrote:Carlton to trade pick 1 for ports tom jonas and pick 6 :D

Nah man we have enough defenders who butcher the ball when going forward.
Howard and pick 6 maybe.

Yes!! Bring home the dougal
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby marbles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:13 am

Wingard to Adelaide Thunderbirds. Sorted.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:51 am

daysofourlives wrote:**** me this would have to be the most gullible site in the whole universe

Firstly You believe because Freo said they arent interested in Hogan thats the end of it, **** me its just postering to gauge Melbournes want for May. Only way May gets to Melbourne is through Hogan to Fremantle. If Melbourne really want May they will come back to the table and accept slightly less for Hogan

Secondly if you think Burton is being traded against his will your wrong. Bruest was offered the same opportunity 2 years ago and declined, all australian this year, no issue. you watch port get bent over and reamed over wingard, going to be a poleasure to watch it unfold in prime time next wednesdasy evening. 2nd rounder anyone :D

No chance. Going to be Burton + a first rounder at a minimum. Port have already declined that. We will get a first round compensation for him next year if he leaves then so the Hawks are going to be paying way overs this year if you want him badly enough
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 am

LMA wrote:Listen to Amber

EFA mate :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:59 am

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Freo say they no longer want Hogan, have never had a key forward and they decide to pass. Chased him for about 3 years

Dickheads

Pav was a pretty decent forward

And on-baller and fullback.
And other positions he win an All Australian?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 am

bertiebeatle wrote:Don't get why Pruess would go to another club where is going to be a back up ruckman unless they are going to try & play him or Gawn up forward more? Possibly if Hogan goes they see this as their option going forward..

I think so. I reckon they were going to play him believing they'd lost Hogan. Now it's anyone's guess.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:24 am

marbles wrote:
Turbo wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:The Giants have received pick 43 and a future second-round pick from Carlton in exchange for midfielder Will Settefield and pick 71.

An absolute steal

So far next year we get

McGovern
Fasolo
Settlefield
+
Docherty
Williamson (a brilliant forgetton kid missed all of 2018)

Another key defender would be good but only picks 1 and 71 left i believe

And we've only given up picks 24 25 and 43. We've won something!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:27 am

gadj1976 wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Don't get why Pruess would go to another club where is going to be a back up ruckman unless they are going to try & play him or Gawn up forward more? Possibly if Hogan goes they see this as their option going forward..

I think so. I reckon they were going to play him believing they'd lost Hogan. Now it's anyone's guess.

That’s what I was thinking. Reckon they had thought Hogan was gone
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:27 am

bertiebeatle wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:**** me this would have to be the most gullible site in the whole universe

Firstly You believe because Freo said they arent interested in Hogan thats the end of it, **** me its just postering to gauge Melbournes want for May. Only way May gets to Melbourne is through Hogan to Fremantle. If Melbourne really want May they will come back to the table and accept slightly less for Hogan

Secondly if you think Burton is being traded against his will your wrong. Bruest was offered the same opportunity 2 years ago and declined, all australian this year, no issue. you watch port get bent over and reamed over wingard, going to be a poleasure to watch it unfold in prime time next wednesdasy evening. 2nd rounder anyone :D

No chance. Going to be Burton + a first rounder at a minimum. Port have already declined that. We will get a first round compensation for him next year if he leaves then so the Hawks are going to be paying way overs this year if you want him badly enough

First time I've agreed with Daisy.

This is Freo calling Melbournes bluff. Good on them. They will still be working in the background trying to get another first rounder but I can see why they have done what they've done. If Melbourne want May they will have to lower their expectations on what they can receive for Hogan.

This has a lot to play out.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby marbles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:31 am

Freo want Rory Lobb too, and probably prefer him over hogan, if they had to choose

Melbourne want 2 first rounders for hogan

if they go quiet on hogan, then maybe hogan himself will get off his xbox, and start pleeding to the dees to start doing something about it, rather than freo sucking ass to get him
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:43 am

bertiebeatle wrote:

Itll be one or the other, it wont be both. He can not remain at Port, they will not take that risk, this has the Akermanis exit from Brisbane written all over it. Trade me to Hawthorn for whatever they are offering or i will stay!!! The longer it goes on the less he is worth
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby marbles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 am

Freo also offering pick 11 for geelongs tim kelly
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby goddy11 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 am

daysofourlives wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

Itll be one or the other, it wont be both. He can not remain at Port, they will not take that risk, this has the Akermanis exit from Brisbane written all over it. Trade me to Hawthorn for whatever they are offering or i will stay!!! The longer it goes on the less he is worth

I feel Port may get nowhere what they are asking. They are talking their way to getting steaknives only.
Any semblance of the Stringer deal last year. How did that end .
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:28 pm

goddy11 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

I feel Port may get nowhere what they are asking. They are talking their way to getting steaknives only.
Any semblance of the Stringer deal last year. How did that end .

I believe it ended well.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby tigerpie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Yep totally agree Days definitely has an Akermanis smell about it.

Wingards poison at port now.
Someone said he's hawthorns answer to Cyril leaving.
He has the same tattoo on his chest/shoulders as Cyril is left footed and that's where it ends!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 am

tigerpie wrote:Yep totally agree Days definitely has an Akermanis smell about it.

He has the same tattoo on his chest/shoulders as Cyril is left footed and that's where it ends!

And they will both retire before 30
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:37 am

helicopterking wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Yep totally agree Days definitely has an Akermanis smell about it.

dont get me wrong, i dont think he is something we really need, and im no great fan,but id be happy to take him at the right price and the longer this goes the closer he will get to the right pri ce. Anybody who thinks Port will get Burton and a round 1 are simply dillussional
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:46 am

daysofourlives wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

dont get me wrong, i dont think he is something we really need, and im no great fan,but id be happy to take him at the right price and the longer this goes the closer he will get to the right pri ce. Anybody who thinks Port will get Burton and a round 1 are simply dillussional
I actually think the opposite. I think he'll stay and his manager is a moron of he doesn't keep him at Port. It's all to do with Free Agency, all Chad needs is to wait it out at Port, put in a good season and he'll get his 850k for 4 next season.

He goes now, 600k for 4. I mean what type of dumb shit manager can't see that.

Hawks are smart as well getting him now. He's much cheaper but you have to give something up. But heck saving 200 - 250k per season is probably worth it.

Port are even being smart with trying to max his worth now. They know they won't pay his asking price next season. So see if they can get more than a 1st rounder for him.

The only dumb shit here is Chad and his manager. They a literally going to cost him money here.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL