Trade + Draft Period 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Postby UK Fan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:20 pm

carey wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Think about it for a moment, look at what Hawthorn have given up for him and come back to me.

They offered burton and 15 you said no saying we want 2 first rounders

You rcvd 15 35 burton and dogs future 4th from hawks

Whilst Coughing up a future 3rd and wingard.

Well played hawks!!!!

Well played Hawks????

Do you practice being a moron? or its just second nature?

Pick 15 and a bloke with a dodgy knee for a 25 y.o B&f winner and AA.

I’d be very happy if I was hawks.

Don’t take your Chad is gone sulk out on myself. Sit back smash some Woodstock and let it all sink in buddy!!!

Why are port fans on BF saying they have lost all their faith in Chris Davies if this was a great deal :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Trade + Draft Period 2018

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Splinter wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:[quote="Booney"]GWS CEO Matthews on Shiel "We're in a good position with Shiel... He's a contracted player so if the deal doesn't get done he'll play with us next year.

so there is a small chance he could be a swan by the end of the day? ;)

I've got a feeling he may end up at Carlton yet, going to be an interesting few hrs

Possibly.
We won’t be budging on our offer I’d imagine.

What's the offer at the moment Jim?
And how did you hope we would get #19 too?[/quote]
Apparently 9 & 34 was our first offer.
Has also been reported we offered 9 and next years first for Shiel and 19.
Definitely won’t be the two firsts they want or we will walk away.
There would need to be something decent back and Dodoro is super keen on hanging on to a decent pick next year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:27 pm

UK Fan wrote:
carey wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Think about it for a moment, look at what Hawthorn have given up for him and come back to me.

They offered burton and 15 you said no saying we want 2 first rounders

You rcvd 15 35 burton and dogs future 4th from hawks

Whilst Coughing up a future 3rd and wingard.

Well played hawks!!!!

Well played Hawks????

Do you practice being a moron? or its just second nature?

Pick 15 and a bloke with a dodgy knee for a 25 y.o B&f winner and AA.

I’d be very happy if I was hawks.

Don’t take your Chad is gone sulk out on myself. Sit back smash some Woodstock and let it all sink in buddy!!!

Why are port fans on BF saying they have lost all their faith in Chris Davies if this was a great deal :-)
Putting all your normal garbage aside I agree with the notion about Wingard. I think he is a very good player and the hawks have done very well here.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Yep Burton will be a good player but he’s not in Wingards class.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:37 pm

For a top 4 team like the Hawks I think they have made a cracking deal.

Forward line of Breust, Gunston, Wingard, Pupolo, Roughead and Impey pretty handy and hard to match up on.

Did Wingard not average 20+ possies, over 1 goal over 3 tackles, 10 contested possessions and over 3 clearances a game last season in a bang average side.

Not to many sides are picking up potential AA players this year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Yep Burton will be a good player but he’s not in Wingards class.

2 completely different players. One is a a small fwd/mid who can do something amazing and turn the game in 5 minutes but of late hasn’t produced his AA quality footy
The other is a quality halfback/ outside mid with elite kicking who was once touted as a number 1 draft pick until he broke his leg. U really can’t compare either it would be like comparing apples and oranges. Last year burton played on some quality fwds and beat them. I remember I reckon it was at Adelaide Oval and he toweled up Walker.
Last edited by hollywood7477 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:39 pm

whufc wrote:For a top 4 team like the Hawks I think they have made a cracking deal.

Forward line of Breust, Gunston, Wingard, Pupolo, Roughead and Impey pretty handy and hard to match up on.

Did Wingard not average 20+ possies, over 1 goal over 3 tackles, 10 contested possessions and over 3 clearances a game last season in a bang average side.

Impey I reckon played back this year
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:47 pm

whufc wrote:For a top 4 team like the Hawks I think they have made a cracking deal.

Puopolo is poo, Roughead has played his best footy and Impey isn't much chop, massive fan of Breust and Gunston though, ironic that Hawthorn target another leftie.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Puopolo is poo, Roughead has played his best footy and Impey isn't much chop, massive fan of Breust and Gunston though, ironic that Hawthorn target another leftie.

I'd be surprised if Roughy even gets a game next year considering how bad he was this year. No disrespect to the bloke as he has been a fantastic player and been through more than I could ever imagine, but he is definitely past anywhere even slightly near his best.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Trader » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Yep Burton will be a good player but he’s not in Wingards class.

2 completely different players. One is a a small fwd/mid who can do something amazing and turn the game in 5 minutes but of late hasn’t produced his AA quality footy
The other is a quality halfback/ outside mid with elite kicking who was once touted as a number 1 draft pick until he broke his leg. U really can’t compare either it would be like comparing apples and oranges. Last year burton played on some quality fwds and beat them. I remember I reckon it was at Adelaide Oval and he toweled up Walker.

Didn't he also nearly win the rising star?

I suspect Clarkson will get more out of Wingard than we would have, to the point they might be happy with giving up Burton and 15.
Having said that, I am almost certain we will get more out of Burton and 15 than we would have got out of Wingard, so we too can be happy with the deal.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

They can’t be that bad, they made up a fair chunk of a top 4 team forward line last season. They must be doing something right
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

They can’t be that bad, they made up a fair chunk of a top 4 team forward line last season. They must be doing something right

105 goals between Breust & Gunston, 54 between Roughead and Puopolo who are both stay at home forwards, they have many onballers who can sneak in and kick a couple of sneaky ones.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Very soft draw inflated their position this year. Were probably worthy of about 6th-10th on the ladder
Jim05
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 pm

If people looked beyond his demeanour they would realise that Wingard is a gun
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Very soft draw inflated their position this year. Were probably worthy of about 6th-10th on the ladder

ummm we did finish 6th
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:[quote="whufc"]For a top 4 team like the Hawks I think they have made a cracking deal.

ummm we did finish 6th[/quote]
I meant at the end of the minor round
Jim05
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Carlton making a play for Shiel at the 11th hour.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Nothing official, but Fox reporting that the Dayne Beams deal is done.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Adelaide and St.Kilda's list managers have just walked back into the building...

valleys07
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Bulldogs and Brisbane close to closing a deal involving Marcus Adams.

valleys07
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL