Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
where was that published

Google him and go through the "Big Footy" posts, a few pages in and there's some alleged texts.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... 856/page-5

Poor Jack. He is only human remember
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Poor Jack. He is only human remember

Poor Jack? I'd trade places in heartbeat!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:51 pm

I wish he'd show that sort of commitment to the cause on the field.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:I wish he'd show that sort of commitment to the cause on the field.

Doesn't make sense seeing he has white line fever...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Watts the issue with any of this???? Move on
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Booney wrote:I wish he'd show that sort of commitment to the cause on the field.

Running in straight lines?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Running in straight lines?
There's always someone sniffing around for a story...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bertiebeatle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:01 am

Hewett still in limbo about his future.. With Menzel cut by the cats, I think we may pick him up & cut Hewett. Leaves our 3 picks in the draft & then 85 will be used to upgrade Houston
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 am

bertiebeatle wrote:Hewett still in limbo about his future.. With Menzel cut by the cats, I think we may pick him up & cut Hewett. Leaves our 3 picks in the draft & then 85 will be used to upgrade Houston

We'll be more likely to take Murdoch I think.

With Dixon, Ryder, Lycett, Marshall, R.Gray, S.Gray, Johnson, Watts, Motlop, Boak filling forward half roles I don't see a need for Menzel, although a forward 50 with R.Gray and Menzel at the feet of Ryder and Dixon looks attacking it doesn't look overly defensive.

Murdoch on the other hand, left foot outside wing man is almost like one we've just lost.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am

Booney wrote:Murdoch on the other hand, left foot outside wing man is almost like one we've just lost.

Agreed. He burns the ball just as much as Pittard.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:Murdoch on the other hand, left foot outside wing man is almost like one we've just lost.

:lol:

Just looked at their career comparisons and they are so close in almost all areas.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Just looked at their career comparisons and they are so close in almost all areas.

You’ll be offering him 3 years like you did to Polec then?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

You’ll be offering him 3 years like you did to Polec then?

If he has 1 good year we'll go 5 x $750k.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:20 am

Spargo wrote:

I wonder where North end up playing Pittard? Port should've tried him up forward, at least his poor disposal will result in behinds opposed to turnovers and he gets the ball often enough.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby harric » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I wonder where North end up playing Pittard? Port should've tried him up forward, at least his poor disposal will result in behinds opposed to turnovers and he gets the ball often enough.
Yeah sure burning the ba up forward when scoring was hard enough all season is a great idea.

Time for some tits and blow I think.
harric
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 am

harric wrote:Yeah sure burning the ba up forward when scoring was hard enough all season is a great idea.

Not dissimilar to turning the ball over when everyone is running forward only to watch it sail back over your head and leak easy goals.

Either way, he's not our problem anymore, I wish him well because I think he could be a great player, they've obviously had good faith in him in the past, he was our designated kicker in from behinds.

I'd sooner the blow off of a nice firm arse cheek.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
harric wrote:Yeah sure burning the ba up forward when scoring was hard enough all season is a great idea.

Not dissimilar to turning the ball over when everyone is running forward only to watch it sail back over your head and leak easy goals.

Either way, he's not our problem anymore, I wish him well because I think he could be a great player, they've obviously had good faith in him in the past, he was our designated kicker in from behinds.

Great? No.

He was our kick in....was.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:54 am

When I walked off the Adelaide Oval in Round 23, I was expecting to be out there again in Round 1 of 2019 for Port Adelaide.

Leaving the ground, I had a moment with Jared Polec because he was quite aware that it was going to be his last game, but little did I know it was going to be the last game that I played with everyone.

Looking back, it’s pretty upsetting and it shows that a lot can happen in two months.

Exit meetings are always honest and if the team has a rough year, the overriding theme is to improve and identify ways to grow.

My meeting with Ken Hinkley was stock-standard — we had some stuff that he wanted me to work on coming into next year — including a bit of a mindset change and identifying what I wanted out of my footy.

It was an honest conversation, but that was normal to me. We have that relationship where we can be honest and nothing is personal.

I went away from that meeting still thinking I was going to be a Port Adelaide player next season.

Looking back on my 2018 campaign, I view it in two parts. The first part was as a forward, and the second part was playing in the midfield, so we reviewed it as such.

It was a slow start to the season for me, slower than I wanted, but once I got into the midfield, it completely changed my game.

The club knew that I had free agency coming up in 2019, and because they weren’t sure what I was going to do, they probably saw that as a threat. To be completely honest, I didn’t even know what I was going to do!

Following on from the discussions and the exit meetings, they let my manager know that they were open to trading me if a suitable offer came forward.

I was completely taken back and upset with that initially.

It rocked me, but the longer I thought about it, the more I began to understand.

Despite what some people may think, there is no bad blood.

From there, I went away and met with a few clubs, but even during that process, I still had the mindset that I would return to Alberton in 2019.

Meeting with other clubs for the first time in my career was such a bizarre scenario. I actually told Kenny that I felt like I was cheating on a girlfriend. It just wasn’t a great feeling and I didn’t enjoy it.

But things started to move quickly and the opportunity at Hawthorn came up, and I started to have doubts as to whether I was wanted at Port, because as you can imagine, getting your name thrown up for a trade isn’t exactly the best feeling!

I chose Hawthorn because they felt like the best fit for me. Unbelievably, it all happened within a week and a half. It was pretty crazy to say the least that I went from certain to be playing at the Power, to certain to be playing at the Hawks.

I spoke to Ken a couple of nights ago, and he understood my decision and I understood the club’s position. Our relationship couldn’t be further from how the media have portrayed things.

If you’ve seen the coverage in Adelaide, it has been a bunch of lies and a lack of understanding. Just because a deal like this has gone through, it doesn’t mean they have to jump to conclusions and reach for the negative angle.

In reality, it has been mutual on all sides and sometimes the media don’t like that, because they can’t sell it.

That is why I posted on Instagram and told everyone to be patient until they heard my side of the story.

Past greats of the club have spoken about my exit meeting in various forums, and said that the coaches and the leaders complained about me being a sook and that they were over me.

I rang Ken to see if there was any truth to that, and he told me that nothing had come from the club — there was no truth to it — and that’s just how the media want to play things.

To read and hear those things hurt a lot because I feel like I have given a lot back to the club and the fans. All I can do now is move on.

One of the important aspects of joining the Hawks was that they had that brother connection with Jarman Impey, Shauny Burgoyne, Cyril Rioli, Lance Franklin, Chance Bateman, just to name a few.

It felt like most indigenous players that have played there have thrived and felt comfortable.

The conversations with Jarman were important for me, because he has witnessed both clubs in recent times, so we could compare everything from coaches, to training, game style and everything in between.

I told him not to give me the crap and the policy, just tell me how it is. Those discussions gave me a good understanding of what the Hawks are like.

The move to Melbourne provides a new challenge, and the opportunity to enjoy my football again and revitalise myself.

I haven’t enjoyed the game over the last couple of years, so a fresh challenge will hopefully bring the best out of me.

To have the MCG as my new home ground and to play in front of a ridiculous amount of fans is exciting. I can’t wait for new challenge and will just take me out of my comfort zone.

I want to be uncomfortable and to get better as a player and as a man.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/pl ... d-wingard/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:09 am

Very honest description from Chad's side of the fence. Up to him now to prove Port made the incorrect decision. Hopefully a change in environment does this.

But how did the coach & list management team arrive at a possible trade?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:29 am

heater31 wrote:Very honest description from Chad's side of the fence. Up to him now to prove Port made the incorrect decision. Hopefully a change in environment does this.

But how did the coach & list management team arrive at a possible trade?

In his own words he didn't know what he was going to do at the end of 2019 when he became an eligible free agent. Clubs are not going to risk losing a player of his ilk for a pick in the 20's one year after potentially getting two first rounders ( Burton and #15 ) by trading.

In my words, I imagine he wasn't able to assure Port Adelaide of his intentions beyond 2019 and we've been proactive.

*Edit*

The market is now so weighted in the players favor ( free agency, walking out on contracts when the ink has yet to dry ) we might find clubs are going to be more on the front foot than ever before, this looks like one of those instances.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL