INS and OUTS for 2019

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Darls.

I know you have been a lifelong Southee. The spirit of 64!

Go to the clubs facebook page and scroll down to October 15 and listen to Lids speech.

It is nothing but positive. Listen to it.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby southee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:42 pm

vics01 wrote:
SOUTHEE
Some players are returning to South too (Jake Veide, Emmanuel Irra).

If Veide at 29 or 30 is a positive and Szust at 21 is a negative I will go he.

Bangers and Gotch did wonderful things to develop local talent. Wright will screw it.

Yeah you are right I think Wright is a dishonest lying flog who is coaching several levels above his ability.

That aside if you think about how Hawthorn have stayed so successful you would not have the mates rates that Wright has going. He was hoping for a quick fix flag.

So called bi name recruits will come take the money and leave when they get a better offer.

Have happily given time and handed over $$ to support South, so when I see what has happened in the last 12 months, I can only be honest about what I saw happen.

Wright 1st year coach and we played finals (which I think exceeded my expectations as I thought we would end up being 6th to 7th this year)

You can not just have a side full of kids.......we had some great youth come through this year who had opportunities to play league footy. The youth need experienced players in the side to mentor them and teach them. So if we gain a few experienced players to help the kids so be it........
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Barracker1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Vics 01 WROTE

Bangers and Gotch did wonderful things to develop local talent. Wright will screw it.

Yeah you are right I think Wright is a dishonest lying flog who is coaching several levels above his ability.

That aside if you think about how Hawthorn have stayed so successful you would not have the mates rates that Wright has going. He was hoping for a quick fix flag.

So called bi name recruits will come take the money and leave when they get a better offer.

Have happily given time and handed over $$ to support South, so when I see what has happened in the last 12 months, I can only be honest about what I saw happen.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................

Get your facts right Vics. Szust to Norwood Big Deal. Unliked by the playing group and thats a fact jack. Is clearly all about himself and nothing else and he has had a massive impact on club culture that hasnt endeared him to many. The other BIG name player is in a very similar situation and with recent events he has caused I doubt that he'll be missed other than on the footy field. He's another counter productive INDIVIDUAL. I wont argue that Wright has some learning to do but as a first year coach he accomplished plenty. As far as not developing our local talent and youth, 2018 saw the senior side play more local talent than in the past 20 years and thats backed up by data not rumour. 4 father son relationships at senior level and a massive number of junior LOCAL players playing senior football. South have a great bunch of developing players that will blossom and that will put the club in a great position. Oh yeah and Jake Veide at 29 !! I'll have him over Szust 8 days a week and so will the playing group. See Ya
Barracker1

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby northerner » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Reading between the lines it seems fair to surmise that South are attempting to develop a decent culture at the Club. So often Clubs look at instant success ON FIELD and take on players that have a negative effect on said culture. More often than not that can backfire for the individual, as well as for the Club, as other players take umbrage at compromised standards.
Play on Mr Wright!
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby GMcG » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
GMcG wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Troy Menzel was average when he played for the Ravens so will be interesting to see if has any impact next year

Recently BOG in the Grand Final playing for TTG.

Standard a fair bit different though

not anymore it ain't!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 pm

GMcG wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
GMcG wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Troy Menzel was average when he played for the Ravens so will be interesting to see if has any impact next year

Recently BOG in the Grand Final playing for TTG.

Standard a fair bit different though

not anymore it ain't!

Still a massive gap. The best country/ammo sides in the State wouldn’t get within 10 goals of the worst SANFL side
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Barracker1 wrote:Vics 01 WROTE

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

Get your facts right Vics. Szust to Norwood Big Deal. Unliked by the playing group and thats a fact jack. Is clearly all about himself and nothing else and he has had a massive impact on club culture that hasnt endeared him to many. The other BIG name player is in a very similar situation and with recent events he has caused I doubt that he'll be missed other than on the footy field. He's another counter productive INDIVIDUAL. I wont argue that Wright has some learning to do but as a first year coach he accomplished plenty. As far as not developing our local talent and youth, 2018 saw the senior side play more local talent than in the past 20 years and thats backed up by data not rumour. 4 father son relationships at senior level and a massive number of junior LOCAL players playing senior football. South have a great bunch of developing players that will blossom and that will put the club in a great position. Oh yeah and Jake Veide at 29 !! I'll have him over Szust 8 days a week and so will the playing group. See Ya

Vic01- you clearly have an axe to grind and a large chip on your shoulder. If as you say Szust has departed the scene for the land of the Brown paper bag.....good luck to him. From what Ive observed and the way he goes about things , he's not a team player anyway, Id be surprised if he got a game in the 2's at Norwood.
Imo Jarrod Wright has done an excellent job at South; the facts are he has introduced a lot of young players to league footy in 12 months, and most have repaid him in spades with their performances. South will have to continue to rely on local youngsters for 1 main reason- and that is we havent got the $$$. to go and recruit 6-7 ex afl listed players like Norwood! Wright completely surpassed my expectations this year, and in time will be an excellent coach.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby GMcG » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:12 pm

Isn't this forum for confirmed ins and outs?
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby goddy11 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:15 pm

blueandwhite wrote:

Vic01- you clearly have an axe to grind and a large chip on your shoulder. If as you say Szust has departed the scene for the land of the Brown paper bag.....good luck to him. From what Ive observed and the way he goes about things , he's not a team player anyway, Id be surprised if he got a game in the 2's at Norwood.
Imo Jarrod Wright has done an excellent job at South; the facts are he has introduced a lot of young players to league footy in 12 months, and most have repaid him in spades with their performances. South will have to continue to rely on local youngsters for 1 main reason- and that is we havent got the $$$. to go and recruit 6-7 ex afl listed players like Norwood! Wright completely surpassed my expectations this year, and in time will be an excellent coach.
+1
South performed well above expectation and the coach needs a pat on the back.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby UK Fan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:25 pm

UK Fan wrote:Eagles coaching down to three choices

1 Former Magarey Medal winner and premiership player Jade Sheedy

2 Former Bomber Sam Lonergan

3 Former Kangaroo Leigh Adams.

Hearing the second option has got the nod.

Surely an official announcement soon
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby goddy11 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Sam Lonergan as our Senior Coach for the next two seasons. After an extensive process presenting to two interview panels, Sam stood above an outstanding field of applicants.
Sam, 31 years, who originates from Launceston has a vast amount of experience through the AFL and three State League competitions. After playing 81 games over 9 seasons with Essendon and Richmond, Sam spent time as a playing assistant at Glenelg for two years before taking on the Head coaching role at Launceston the previous three seasons.
Club President Kurt Slaven said “We are absolutely thrilled to have Sam become the Eagles coach for the next two seasons. Sam’s professionalism, broad knowledge of the game and his strong core values really impressed the coaching subcommittee and the Club is very comfortable and excited for Sam to guide the playing group to its next successful period”
On his appointment Sam said “I am delighted and grateful to be given such a wonderful opportunity to coach such a proud Club with such a strong history. The Club has a great culture in which I will endeavour to build upon. I believe the Club is in a great positon with a strong playing list to continue to push towards success. My family and I are excited to become part of the Eagles and to build strong relationships with all involved”
Please join us in congratulating and welcoming Sam, partner Kirrie and children Harper and Ellis to the Eagles family and we wish them all the success in Sam’s new role as our Senior Coach.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby am Bays » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Very very good get
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whybother » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:20 pm

And he is young enough to be a playing coach too
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:58 pm

The side he coached this year, Launceston, went out of the TFL finals losing both finals games. Should fit in at Woodville well! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Best thing he did at Essendon was smashing Carazzo into the turf in the middle of the MCG :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Keefy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:01 pm

South Adelaide has secured the signatures of four key senior players for the 2019 SANFL season.

The club is pleased to announce Knuckey Cup winners Nick Liddle and Joel Cross, as well as respected leader Matt Rose and key forward Sam Overall have all put pen to paper to play on in Noarlunga next season.
The Panthers retain the services of the dynamic duo of Liddle and Cross, who have been stars of the SANFL for the best part of a decade, taking home eight of the last nine Knuckey Cups between them.
Meanwhile, Rose and Overall will look to put an injury plagued 2018 behind them and bounce back to their influential best in 2019.
"We are obviously very pleased to have all four of these guys committing to play next season," said Panthers Chief Executive Officer, Neill Sharpe.
"Nick and Joel have been outstanding loyal servants to our club over the journey. Their list of accolades puts them amongst the modern greats of the SANFL.
"Matt is a well-respected leader at the club and has been an great driver of culture and standards since crossing over from Port.
"We look forward to seeing him back fit and fighting next season, similarly with Sam, who is an extremely important forward line target and an emerging leader in our playing group."
Liddle joined joined South Adelaide from Coburg in 2010 and quickly established himself as one of the Panthers most admired players for his skill and commitment on the field.
With 175 SANFL games under his belt, he is now a five-time Knuckey Cup winner and also boasts seven Advertiser Team of the Year selections, three State Team appearances and an R.O Shearman Medal amidst his many achievements.
Cross came to the Panthers the following season and has now notched 156 games in Noarlunga.
He has since put together an impressive resume of accolades, including three Knuckey Cups, two Magarey and R.O Shearman Medals, four State Team selections and six in the Advertiser Team of the Year.
Rose journeyed south from Alberton in 2014 following the announcement of the Magpies as Port Adelaide's AFL reserve side.
He quickly found himself at home in Noarlunga and has now banked 85 games and two top three Knuckey Cup finishes with the Panthers.
His 2018 got off to a bright start, earning selection in the SANFL State Team that faced the WAFL in May, but was struck down by a broken collarbone soon after and only managed 11 games for the season.
Overall, burst onto the scene during South's 2014 finals campaign and at his high-flying and strong-marking best is one of the SANFL's most damaging forwards.
He enjoyed a fast start to 2018, including selection to the initial State Squad, but broke his foot in round six and could only manage two more games for the year.
South Adelaide welcomes back all four men and eagerly awaits seeing them back in blue and white in 2019!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:Best thing he did at Essendon was smashing Carazzo into the turf in the middle of the MCG :)

That was ferocious. Carlton people were butt hurt over that for years :lol:
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Grenville » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Wright must be doing something right if those 4 have signed on again. A fit Overall I reckon makes the difference between South finishing 1-4 or 5-8 after the minor round.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Coached against Szust when he was playing 18’s. we always thought he had a huge amount of talent but would flop in front of the umpires and if someone actually put pressure on him or tagged him he would basically give up and became a liability on the field. If he was up and going he was a quality player.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Dogs have signed Darcy Pisani from Norwood
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL