PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:53 pm

We were playing against Eastern Park in the last round of the season earlier on in the 2000's, I hadn't bowled much that season but in the last round our opening bowler did a "no show" after going to the Big Day Out on the Friday.

I was pretty pissed off so I thought bugger this, I'll open the bowling, I ended up getting 8/20 , all bowled (took a catch a went halves in a run out too) and took a few in the 2nd dig too, just enough to pass him for the wicket trophy.

I never took a hat-trick, got 4 wickets in an over a few times, took five 8 fa's, first ever game for Parafield Gardens when they were paying me per wicket I picked up 7/26 & 6/19, the chairman hated me immediately.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:57 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/draw.aspx?entityid=1988&id=RVFIXTURE

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ID=1907919
For some reason your link wasn't coming up? But yes, brilliant performance and result. :partyman:

Did well as a side to scrape to 211 given you were 8/123!

Yeah I love GF history and how things are remembered over time. I have always thought I made a duck but apparently I made 3, I still believe I got out in the first over but maybe I didn't. I remember being gutted coz I came of a 60 odd not out in the semi against EP so I thought I was invincible lol.

The L Haynes in the team is a bit of cult legend at Atco. His my best mate who I also work with and got him out to play that year. It got to the last game of the minor round and he had barely hit a run all year but had a real solid technique, could keep and was a gun in the field. A spot became available because of injury, we identified we had a week link in our fielding, we literally had 7 blokes who couldn't throw a cricket ball. It was mentioned to him that if willing he would be picked as a fielder (all our A grade batsmen were settled in their spots and hitting runs) and potentially end up being a premiership player.

In the GF he made 5. It was a horrible looking innings but he batter for 15 overs which was 10 over before and 5 overs after the tea break. Once he got out Gary Sutton came in 15 overs later than it could have been and went bang hitting 40 off about 25 balls and changing the innings.

We all stand by that 5 runs and 15 over Locky Haynes, his longest innings for the year was the Atco version off Shane Ellen. Played 3 games for the club, won a premiership and has never been seen at the club since. He is the 'WHO' of all those premiership photos.

We chucked a spinner up the order to open bat in a GF as it was dark and we had to face 19 overs, Yatesy did the job and scored a duck on day two after weathering the storm for the 19 overs required on day one, we still talk about it like it was yesterday, best duck ever.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:We were playing against Eastern Park in the last round of the season earlier on in the 2000's, I hadn't bowled much that season but in the last round our opening bowler did a "no show" after going to the Big Day Out on the Friday.

I was pretty pissed off so I thought bugger this, I'll open the bowling, I ended up getting 8/20 , all bowled (took a catch a went halves in a run out too) and took a few in the 2nd dig too, just enough to pass him for the wicket trophy.

I never took a hat-trick, got 4 wickets in an over a few times, took five 8 fa's, first ever game for Parafield Gardens when they were paying me per wicket I picked up 7/26 & 6/19, the chairman hated me immediately.

Now that I don't play for them I can say it but the EP lads always feared you along with Glen North.

Generally the EP lads were pretty confident against the kits but use two had them doing the old Thursday night training think.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/draw.aspx?entityid=1988&id=RVFIXTURE

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ID=1907919
For some reason your link wasn't coming up? But yes, brilliant performance and result. :partyman:

Did well as a side to scrape to 211 given you were 8/123!

Yeah I love GF history and how things are remembered over time. I have always thought I made a duck but apparently I made 3, I still believe I got out in the first over but maybe I didn't. I remember being gutted coz I came of a 60 odd not out in the semi against EP so I thought I was invincible lol.

The L Haynes in the team is a bit of cult legend at Atco. His my best mate who I also work with and got him out to play that year. It got to the last game of the minor round and he had barely hit a run all year but had a real solid technique, could keep and was a gun in the field. A spot became available because of injury, we identified we had a week link in our fielding, we literally had 7 blokes who couldn't throw a cricket ball. It was mentioned to him that if willing he would be picked as a fielder (all our A grade batsmen were settled in their spots and hitting runs) and potentially end up being a premiership player.

In the GF he made 5. It was a horrible looking innings but he batter for 15 overs which was 10 over before and 5 overs after the tea break. Once he got out Gary Sutton came in 15 overs later than it could have been and went bang hitting 40 off about 25 balls and changing the innings.

We all stand by that 5 runs and 15 over Locky Haynes, his longest innings for the year was the Atco version off Shane Ellen. Played 3 games for the club, won a premiership and has never been seen at the club since. He is the 'WHO' of all those premiership photos.

We chucked a spinner up the order to open bat in a GF as it was dark and we had to face 19 overs, Yatesy did the job and scored a duck on day two after weathering the storm for the 19 overs required on day one, we still talk about it like it was yesterday, best duck ever.

That's the best!!!!

How good are old cricket chats, it's why I play the game lol.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:We were playing against Eastern Park in the last round of the season earlier on in the 2000's, I hadn't bowled much that season but in the last round our opening bowler did a "no show" after going to the Big Day Out on the Friday.

Now that I don't play for them I can say it but the EP lads always feared you along with Glen North.

Generally the EP lads were pretty confident against the kits but use two had them doing the old Thursday night training think.

It was good to team up with Glenn in association games, good bloke.

Eastern Park had a few sharp bowlers over the years.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Yeah the ones I can think of were:

Steve Warren (never got to see him in proper action but he was quick enough in the old Sunday comp off 6-7 steps, infact he broke Shaun Gatto forearm in that com)
Mobbsy (quick and scary, especially coz he bowled full pace at training off his 10 steps)
Trevor Bailey (scariest I have faced, didn't help that he only ever trained with us and never actually played a game for us during my time)
Kenny McConnell (one of my favourite to watch with his long run, perfect action, loved fielding at silly leg with the helmet on)

others included: Kevin Thomas, Ben Hancock, Steve Johnson,

none ever took as many wickets as Granty though lol.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:We chucked a spinner up the order to open bat in a GF as it was dark and we had to face 19 overs, Yatesy did the job and scored a duck on day two after weathering the storm for the 19 overs required on day one, we still talk about it like it was yesterday, best duck ever.

You didn't just admit to sending a night watchman in did you? :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:We chucked a spinner up the order to open bat in a GF as it was dark and we had to face 19 overs, Yatesy did the job and scored a duck on day two after weathering the storm for the 19 overs required on day one, we still talk about it like it was yesterday, best duck ever.

You didn't just admit to sending a night watchman in did you? :lol:

And won a GF from it.

Should be president of the Nightwatchmen Appreciation Society.
Last edited by whufc on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Bye fella's :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:05 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah the ones I can think of were:

Steve Warren (never got to see him in proper action but he was quick enough in the old Sunday comp off 6-7 steps, infact he broke Shaun Gatto forearm in that com)
Mobbsy (quick and scary, especially coz he bowled full pace at training off his 10 steps)
Trevor Bailey (scariest I have faced, didn't help that he only ever trained with us and never actually played a game for us during my time)
Kenny McConnell (one of my favourite to watch with his long run, perfect action, loved fielding at silly leg with the helmet on)

you can add to that list- Nathan Waterhouse, Jimmy McCarthy, Rocco (when he was a bowler), Ratcliff (when Fit)
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
whufc wrote:Yeah the ones I can think of were:

you can add to that list- Nathan Waterhouse, Jimmy McCarthy, Rocco (when he was a bowler), Ratcliff (when Fit)

Yeah they were all guns but I was just responding to Lightning talking about EP having quicks over the years.
whufc
Coach

Postby cricketfanatic25 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 pm

outright win for enfield against Smithfield. the bedge with 4 in the second dig. going well out there bedgey
cricketfanatic25

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:32 pm

cricketfanatic25 wrote:outright win for enfield against Smithfield. the bedge with 4 in the second dig. going well out there bedgey

Had a fair bit of luck go our way day 1, pulled a few catches out our arses - catches that would be missed more often than not.

Slow deck at Smithfield as well which helped a bit, and then once passed the score the pressure fell away a bit and allowed us to score with a bit more freedom which set the game up for the outright.

Pretty happy with our start to the season, but we beat a very weakened Craigmore round 1, and had a lucky day against Smithfield so certainly under no illusions of how difficult this season will be as we get into it more, but good to bank early season points.

Craigmore bounced back at the weekend, think by end of the season they'll be right up amongst it as will NEK who are difficult to combat on their small fast ground.

Don't discount Smithfield making a serious charge - wont be often Lord, Owen, Bickle, Lowe x2 all fail in the same game - if anything probably a bowler short.

Look forward to seeing Eyre Royals this weekend and knocking Keylocks head off with some vicious bumpers.. we will get a better idea of how we are placed after this game, but it appears i'll be missing my two best bowlers, and my opening batsman so will certainly be a challenge.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:
cricketfanatic25 wrote:outright win for enfield against Smithfield. the bedge with 4 in the second dig. going well out there bedgey

Look forward to seeing Eyre Royals this weekend and knocking Keylocks head off with some vicious bumpers.. we will get a better idea of how we are placed after this game, but it appears i'll be missing my two best bowlers, and my opening batsman so will certainly be a challenge.

you'll know he's out there by all reports from opposition this season so far. :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:11 am

whufc wrote:
I love the clubs like Gardens who you can tell what their result was by whether they have entered in their scores or not LOL!!

The Gardens must've lost. :lol: :lol:

Them, Smithfield, Eastern Park and Angle Vale are the worst, Virginia have improved the most.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:23 am

ROUND 2
Westies vs Riverside
3: A.Lewendon
2: T.McIntyre
1: W.Sewell
Vale vs Virginia
3: J.Pogas
2: A.Seccafien
1: E.Tsimklis
Dublin vs Craigmore
3: T.Richard
2: T.Payne
1: M.McIver
Gardens vs Parkers
3: N.McIver
2: B.McConnell
1: B.Woodward

FORUM MEDAL
4: J.Pogas (AV), N.McIver (EP).
3: N.Warren (V), J.Kelly (AV), D.McIver (C), B.McMullen (EP), W.Sewell (SW), A.Lewendon (SW), T.Richard (C).
2: T.McIntyre (SW), T.Schillabeer (AV), B.Wills (PG), P.Diedrichsen (EP), A.Seccafien (V), T.Payne (C), B.McConnell (PG).
1: J.Natsias (V), A.Cauchi (PG), E.Tsimklis (V), M.McIver (C), B.Woodward (EP).
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:[b]FORUM MEDAL
[b]4:[/b)

Will be interesting to see how close this is by the end of the season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 am

The Bedge wrote:

How close to the McKenzie?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

How close to the McKenzie?

Yes sir.
Last edited by The Bedge on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:43 am

The Bedge wrote:Yes sir

Been pretty much around the mark the last couple of years, generally only do it a week out though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps