Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:56 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Greenock tavern

Best chicken wings i have ever had.
entree serve $12, got 8 complete wings and huge too, there was some sort of crunchy coating to go with the sticky marinated flavours, no idea what it was but i know ill be going back for more.

The 500gm porterhouse schnitzel is also not to shabby and the mushroon gravy to die for, using real mushrooms with flavour.

10/10
Those that know me would know a 10/10 rating from me is very hard to come by

Owner is a good bloke as well
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:29 pm

whufc wrote:

entree serve $12, got 8 complete wings and huge too, there was some sort of crunchy coating to go with the sticky marinated flavours, no idea what it was but i know ill be going back for more.

The 500gm porterhouse schnitzel is also not to shabby and the mushroon gravy to die for, using real mushrooms with flavour.

10/10

Owner is a good bloke as well

Yeah we sat there until after midnight chatting to him, obviously not related to Coombsey at all ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:50 am

10/10

Second lot of chicken wings I've seen on here this week, I'm a massive fan of wicked wings from KFC, they are the best valued thing on their list, I love cooking my own at home but I'll never dine out and order anything I have to use my hands to eat with, I'll never order a spaghetti dish either.

Love a decent mushroom gravy, using real mushrooms is a must though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm

went to christies beach pub yesterday with my girls and we had a great time... it's been up really well. Good decking outside, with bar, big playground for the kids and even a little cinema for them too... had some live music too. if you are down south, i recommend it... Food was pretty good too...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:went to christies beach pub yesterday with my girls and we had a great time... it's been up really well. Good decking outside, with bar, big playground for the kids and even a little cinema for them too... had some live music too. if you are down south, i recommend it... Food was pretty good too...

I stopped in there briefly on Saturday to put some bets on as my lad was playing cricket nearby, thought the same thing, plus they had $3 takeaways.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:went to christies beach pub yesterday with my girls and we had a great time... it's been up really well. Good decking outside, with bar, big playground for the kids and even a little cinema for them too... had some live music too. if you are down south, i recommend it... Food was pretty good too...

I stopped in there briefly on Saturday to put some bets on as my lad was playing cricket nearby, thought the same thing, plus they had $3 takeaways.

Not far from mine, so definitely my local now... finally got one, haven't found one i liked but this is it
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:09 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not far from mine, so definitely my local now... finally got one, haven't found one i liked but this is it

Is the Decking area open?
We were there about a month ago and they were talking about it being open near xmas, which seemed odd, as it looked finished.
2 massive TVs outside, good views of the sunset.

The food, well im not a huge fan to be honest
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:21 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Just a regular?

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Just a regular?

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm

These ^^ little phone plug in fans. Classic example of my companies ineptness when it comes to procuring marketing gear to give away.

We purchased a heap in, they fit old I-phones or brand new Samsung's, nothing betwixt.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Booney wrote:These ^^ little phone plug in fans. Classic example of my companies ineptness when it comes to procuring marketing gear to give away.

We purchased a heap in, they fit old I-phones or brand new Samsung's, nothing betwixt.

We did the same - fun little novelty for about 5 seconds.. we cant give them away.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Booney wrote:These ^^ little phone plug in fans. Classic example of my companies ineptness when it comes to procuring marketing gear to give away.

I have a new Samsung....just sayin'
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

#debutword
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:13 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Is the Decking area open?
We were there about a month ago and they were talking about it being open near xmas, which seemed odd, as it looked finished.
2 massive TVs outside, good views of the sunset.

must have opened shortly after you went there.... I have had two meals there, as have my girls... My first meal was a beef scnitty and it was ok, not great. But had a burger yesterday and iwas massive and really good
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Went there one night when they had a karaoke night, was the scariest experience I've ever had.

A few years before that a bloke I played cricket with got stabbed there too! :shock:

I assume/hope it's cleaned up a bit?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Wedgie wrote:Went there one night when they had a karaoke night, was the scariest experience I've ever had.

A few years before that a bloke I played cricket with got stabbed there too! :shock:

yeah there would be zero chance i would have gone there before the upgrade... Used to drive past it a heap and it looked like poop... The main thing i noticed yesterday and the time before that was the amount of families there. You can usually tell a bit a bout a place with the clientele but it seemed pretty good for a place in christies beach
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Went there one night when they had a karaoke night, was the scariest experience I've ever had.

yeah there would be zero chance i would have gone there before the upgrade... Used to drive past it a heap and it looked like poop... The main thing i noticed yesterday and the time before that was the amount of families there. You can usually tell a bit a bout a place with the clientele but it seemed pretty good for a place in christies beach

Cool, good to hear, I was there about 4 years ago as I was seeing a chick down there.
The experience was made worse as I was sober! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:47 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Yatala would probably look like a good place compared to Christies Beach ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:56 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Yatala would probably look like a good place compared to Christies Beach ;)

certainly no arguments from me :shock: :lol:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:30 pm

Good to know there might be a pub worth visiting in the South, I banned it after MT's recent review.

Speaking of Christies I spent $7 on a coffee down there last week, and it wasn't even that good!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion