Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:They need to play at a bigger stadium, there's literally a billion people outside that are not interested in coming in. 8)

EFA

They'll do as they're told. :lol:

You're playing in China, not North Korea. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
It's a Port Adelaide home game. ;)

It's not just about the Chinese bums on seats, of which in reality is very few ( although the TV audience was bigger than the AFL GF ) it's about the business connections and exposure of Australia and more so South Australia to the connections.

Especially when Port play in the GF next year.

Now I know you are just extracting the urine :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Booney wrote:Of course you don't, it was rubbish.

They've wisely invested elsewhere. ;)

This one???
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Brodlach wrote:Marshall government contributing $350k to Port for the China game. Why?

I hope they are contributing the same amount to:
SANFL
36ers
Thunderbirds
The Bite
The Crows
Etc etc
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:Neither government should pay for it whether it’s Port or Adelaide

Totally agree.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Marshall government contributing $350k to Port for the China game. Why?

I hope they are contributing the same amount to:
SANFL
36ers
Thunderbirds
The Bite
The Crows
Etc etc

If any of the above are selling the naming rights to the stadium they play at then so be it.

Jiangwan Stadium is known as Adelaide Arena at Jiangwan Stadium.

Can't see the forest for the trees boys.

South Australian Premier Steven Marshall says the State Government is thrilled to support Port Adelaide’s game in Shanghai.

“The State Government is delighted to support this magnificent event, with the stadium in Shanghai again to be known as the Adelaide Arena for the Port Adelaide v St Kilda game in China,” said Premier Marshall.

“I was in China for the Port Adelaide v Gold Coast game in 2018 and it was a pleasure to not only attend the match but also to see firsthand the strong trade ties and business activity generated by the China game.

“We want to see this continue to grow year on year, so that the export opportunities between China and Australia can develop even further, resulting in more investment and more jobs, along with more Chinese tourists coming to visit Adelaide and the regions of South Australia.

“It’s crucial that we foster these trade opportunities with our key trading partner, and we’ve already seen the success that comes with building our cultural ties with China through sport.

“Congratulations to the Port Adelaide Football Club for continuing to invest in the China game and well done to all the South Australian companies who are leveraging the export opportunities with China that have flowed from this game.”
Last edited by Booney on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:lol this one is a beauty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNmU3oFzJYY

the narrator's voice is a little creepy :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Booney wrote:
“Congratulations to the Port Adelaide Football Club for continuing to invest in the China game and well done to all the South Australian companies who are leveraging the export opportunities with China that have flowed from this game.”

Such as?

About time some rubber hit the road on this one.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:39 pm

So do private businesses get the same amount by the government when they invest in China and promote their business which promotes jobs here in Adelaide in their small business?

If so then I’m all for it, if not then Port shouldn’t receive any money.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Such as?

THE Port Adelaide Football Club has been instrumental in facilitating the first visit to South Australia of delegates from the China Chamber of International Commerce.

Around 20 business people from 14 businesses will arrive in Adelaide in late October.

As part of their visit, Port Adelaide will host a business forum at its Alberton headquarters and delegates will visit numerous local businesses including honey and wine producers at Hahndorf and McLaren Vale.

Port Adelaide’s General Manager – Strategic Projects, Tara MacLeod said it was an exciting opportunity to showcase the state’s wares.

“We’re a proudly South Australian club and we want to bring more commercial attention and economic activity to South Australia,” she said.

“This visit demonstrates the power of sport.

“Because of Port Adelaide’s deep engagement with China and the profile that that has brought to this state, we have met many Chinese organisations and businesses and through that we have been able to match them with South Australian businesses and organisations.

“CCOIC have never been to South Australia before, they’ve had delegations to New South Wales and Victoria but because of what Port Adelaide is doing and the profile of the game, we are very pleased to be able to bring CCOIC as an organisation and its delegates to South Australia to create more business pathways.”

Ed Vercoe is the director of McLaren Vale based olive oil sales and packaging business Oleapak which will be visited by delegates.

Oleapak is starting to reap the benefits of Port Adelaide’s China strategy and the networking opportunities it is providing for businesses both in Australia and China.

The business started in 2004 purely providing packaging and storing olive oil, and since 2014 it has been exporting product into China.

“As their palate is westernising they are starting to enjoy the western styles of food and the health benefits of olive oil,” Mr Vercoe said.

“While we had already established some networks in China before we engaged with Port Adelaide, we are now meeting new people and opening new doors as a result.

“It is never wise in business to rest on your laurels and if you’re not always striving for more markets and something better then there will always be someone behind you that will step over you and take those opportunities.

“Having new emerging markets like China and people who are willing to invest or partner in the business is amazing and this visit will help not just us but other local businesses in that space.”

The Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, David Ridgway was excited with the potential investment in South Australia and in local businesses.

He praised Port Adelaide for making the visit happen.

“It’s a new way of engaging in an international market using sports diplomacy and I think Port Adelaide leads the way in it,” he said.

“This state is open for investment, we want to grow our exports and grow our local jobs so any inbound investment in South Australia, whether it’s investing here or markets for our products back in China is always good news for South Australia.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Such as?

THE Port Adelaide Football Club has been instrumental in facilitating the first visit to South Australia of delegates from the China Chamber of International Commerce.

Around 20 business people from 14 businesses will arrive in Adelaide in late October.

As part of their visit, Port Adelaide will host a business forum at its Alberton headquarters and delegates will visit numerous local businesses including honey and wine producers at Hahndorf and McLaren Vale.

Port Adelaide’s General Manager – Strategic Projects, Tara MacLeod said it was an exciting opportunity to showcase the state’s wares.

“We’re a proudly South Australian club and we want to bring more commercial attention and economic activity to South Australia,” she said.

“This visit demonstrates the power of sport.

“Because of Port Adelaide’s deep engagement with China and the profile that that has brought to this state, we have met many Chinese organisations and businesses and through that we have been able to match them with South Australian businesses and organisations.

“CCOIC have never been to South Australia before, they’ve had delegations to New South Wales and Victoria but because of what Port Adelaide is doing and the profile of the game, we are very pleased to be able to bring CCOIC as an organisation and its delegates to South Australia to create more business pathways.”

Ed Vercoe is the director of McLaren Vale based olive oil sales and packaging business Oleapak which will be visited by delegates.

Oleapak is starting to reap the benefits of Port Adelaide’s China strategy and the networking opportunities it is providing for businesses both in Australia and China.

The business started in 2004 purely providing packaging and storing olive oil, and since 2014 it has been exporting product into China.

“As their palate is westernising they are starting to enjoy the western styles of food and the health benefits of olive oil,” Mr Vercoe said.

“While we had already established some networks in China before we engaged with Port Adelaide, we are now meeting new people and opening new doors as a result.

“It is never wise in business to rest on your laurels and if you’re not always striving for more markets and something better then there will always be someone behind you that will step over you and take those opportunities.

“Having new emerging markets like China and people who are willing to invest or partner in the business is amazing and this visit will help not just us but other local businesses in that space.”

The Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, David Ridgway was excited with the potential investment in South Australia and in local businesses.

He praised Port Adelaide for making the visit happen.

“It’s a new way of engaging in an international market using sports diplomacy and I think Port Adelaide leads the way in it,” he said.

“This state is open for investment, we want to grow our exports and grow our local jobs so any inbound investment in South Australia, whether it’s investing here or markets for our products back in China is always good news for South Australia.”

;)

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:51 pm

He wanted examples, I found that in under 1 minute....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:55 pm

I don’t know why but that gif makes me think of HH3 :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:59 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I don’t know why but that gif makes me think of HH3 :lol:

I'd never buy Apple
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mots02 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:00 pm

I see HH3 more like this...

Party like its 1999 :)
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Hey Boon, can you get one of your Chinese mates to pop in here?

We're a South Australian business they're f**king in the arse by closing down half of their paper mills.

Cheers

HH3
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm

mots02 wrote:

I see HH3 more like this...

Party like its 1999 :)

I see HH3 more like this

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:16 pm

So it has opened doors....no rubber on the road then :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:18 pm

HH3 wrote:Hey Boon, can you get one of your Chinese mates to pop in here?

We're a South Australian business they're f**king in the arse by closing down half of their paper mills.

Cheers

HH3

Who cares as long as 10,000 people with free tickets turn up to the game, that's all that matters.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL