11%
St Peters OC
13%
Tea Tree Gully
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Postby NSP » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:28 am

Huggard, stent, spittle and Klaebe all outs at ttg not including menzel as previously stated how many others leaving from this years team? That’s a lot of good quality players leaving.
NSP

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am

NSP wrote:Huggard, stent, spittle and Klaebe all outs at ttg not including menzel as previously stated how many others leaving from this years team? That’s a lot of good quality players leaving.

sounds like a Croatian volleyball team ;)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
marbles wrote:youd kinda rather see the Grand Finals played at Old Iggies new oval than thebby, but sadly no fences.

Old Iggies are just a tenant of the new Karen Rolton Oval. It's a full SACA Complex now (noting the back ovals have been SACA managed for years) and as of this summer will effectively become the new Adelaide No. 2. There's already been a Futures Game played on it and it will become the main venue for all State Women's Cricket. Not even sure if Iggies could even host their own home finals due to SACA wanting to get it ready for cricket come September. It's one of the things that annoys about SA and Adelaide. It is a magnificent complex and the surrounding landscaping when finished will make it a picturesque Cricket venue despite almost being in the heart of the city. Yet there is very little publicity about the work that has been done and the investment made by Govt, Council and Cricket. Many South Australians wouldn't even know what changes have been made to the old Railways Oval.

I heard that Iggies weren’t allowed to use the club rooms had to sell beer and do a bbq outside
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Doesn’t have a permanent liquor license. Neither Iggies or SACA want to be responsible for it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:39 pm

NSP wrote:Huggard, stent, spittle and Klaebe all outs at ttg not including menzel as previously stated how many others leaving from this years team? That’s a lot of good quality players leaving.

It sure is ...... pretty sure everyone else is staying on and they will be looking to find a couple of quality players to replace the boys who have left or retired.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Is it just me or is the SA Footballer Facebook page just promoting all that is wrong with some of the players in community footy these days. These mercenaries who club jump are mainly tossers who crave attention and love the profile that social media and the internet can give them that wasn't around in the last century with footy at this level. I played with and against blokes in the SAAFL who would run rings around most these guys and they did it for nothing other than a pizza voucher every few weeks and a nice trophy at the end of the season. But for clubs today to promote the ego of many of these wannabes by posting profiles and pictures of their "big signings" is the biggest crock of s--t I've come across. One bloke just signed by a non-AdFL club has his name and photo up in lights despite his new club being his 4th in 4 years. And they went as far to say he has signed for 2019 and beyond. Interesting to see what beyond looks like in 12 months from now suckers. Don't get me wrong, a bit of love for players heading back to their grassroots club from the SANFL or AFL is OK but give me a spell with some of the other crud being posted. Anyway, that's my rant.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby carey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:06 am

Your rant lacks bite, name them don’t speculate put your balls on the table or crawl back under your rock.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 am

Why does anyone bother with it. All they do is steal announcements from FB pages.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:38 am

Down the Hill wrote:Is it just me or is the SA Footballer Facebook page just promoting all that is wrong with some of the players in community footy these days. These mercenaries who club jump are mainly tossers who crave attention and love the profile that social media and the internet can give them that wasn't around in the last century with footy at this level. I played with and against blokes in the SAAFL who would run rings around most these guys and they did it for nothing other than a pizza voucher every few weeks and a nice trophy at the end of the season. But for clubs today to promote the ego of many of these wannabes by posting profiles and pictures of their "big signings" is the biggest crock of s--t I've come across. One bloke just signed by a non-AdFL club has his name and photo up in lights despite his new club being his 4th in 4 years. And they went as far to say he has signed for 2019 and beyond. Interesting to see what beyond looks like in 12 months from now suckers. Don't get me wrong, a bit of love for players heading back to their grassroots club from the SANFL or AFL is OK but give me a spell with some of the other crud being posted. Anyway, that's my rant.

Couldn't agree more.

Also find photos of blokes with a pen and paper and club's announced that they've been signed incredibly cringey.

I also find particularly odd the announcement of "re-signings". You'd hope that would be the norm rather than an exception worth broadcasting.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 am

Footy Chick wrote:Why does anyone bother with it. All they do is steal announcements from FB pages.

The single most unprofessional "media" outlet in the state.

Lame screenshots of announcements taken from club pages.
Claims that clubs are flocking to give them their updates.
Engage in really ordinary banter.
Take cheap shots at random people or organisations.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby bandar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:55 am

Footy Chick wrote:Why does anyone bother with it. All they do is steal announcements from FB pages.

I noticed they took one of our announcements about blokes coming back from long term injury which was for members to know the blokes were okay. Just seems a bit desperate for content.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Fricky » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 am

jo172 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Is it just me or is the SA Footballer Facebook page just promoting all that is wrong with some of the players in community footy these days. These mercenaries who club jump are mainly tossers who crave attention and love the profile that social media and the internet can give them that wasn't around in the last century with footy at this level. I played with and against blokes in the SAAFL who would run rings around most these guys and they did it for nothing other than a pizza voucher every few weeks and a nice trophy at the end of the season. But for clubs today to promote the ego of many of these wannabes by posting profiles and pictures of their "big signings" is the biggest crock of s--t I've come across. One bloke just signed by a non-AdFL club has his name and photo up in lights despite his new club being his 4th in 4 years. And they went as far to say he has signed for 2019 and beyond. Interesting to see what beyond looks like in 12 months from now suckers. Don't get me wrong, a bit of love for players heading back to their grassroots club from the SANFL or AFL is OK but give me a spell with some of the other crud being posted. Anyway, that's my rant.

Couldn't agree more.

Also find photos of blokes with a pen and paper and club's announced that they've been signed incredibly cringey.

I also find particularly odd the announcement of "re-signings". You'd hope that would be the norm rather than an exception worth broadcasting.

This 100%. If you are going to announce "re-signings" then you should be announcing your whole playing list from last season.

I don't mind clubs announcing new signings, not that I follow any other club's fb page. We do it for each new player to welcome them to the club and to give their mates a chance to throw some banter at them.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby BZB27 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Fricky wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

This 100%. If you are going to announce "re-signings" then you should be announcing your whole playing list from last season.

I don't mind clubs announcing new signings, not that I follow any other club's fb page. We do it for each new player to welcome them to the club and to give their mates a chance to throw some banter at them.

We sent ours in to take the piss out of them
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Feck me they even announcing Div 5 ressies coaches now, no one cares ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby S Demon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

It sure is ...... pretty sure everyone else is staying on and they will be looking to find a couple of quality players to replace the boys who have left or retired.

Alex McKay gone as well
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:37 am

S Demon wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Alex McKay gone as well
Where?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 am

Q. wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Alex McKay gone as well
Where?

Labrador on Gold Coast.....add Melville as an out also heading to NT Thunder next year
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby am Bays » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:

There are rumours flying around that they may not even acknowledge all their sources when publishing images/articles....

Bedge has nailed it
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby oldman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:38 pm

With all these outs at TTG they must be looking to recruit a handful from outside plenty or points and cash to spend one would assume?

Much in the way of player movements at other clubs?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Inallseriousness » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:10 pm

am Bays wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

There are rumours flying around that they may not even acknowledge all their sources when publishing images/articles....

Bedge has nailed it

At the end of the day....what harm does it do? Regardless of where they get the info...at least you can see all/most of the stuff going on in one place. Maybe takes a little too much credit for some stuff but really.....more to life than worrying about taking pot shots at people/organisations that are trying to keep everyone informed. It is what it is...if you don’t like it....unfollow...simple
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League