SWFC

Adelaide Footy League Talk

SWFC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:31 am

Found this today:

Embattled Salisbury West will appeal the Adelaide Footy League’s decision to not allow it back in for 2019 and rival clubs will determine its fate.
The Tigers were booted from the competition in August after breaking an affiliation agreement when captain Adam Jones received a life ban and 27-week suspension for four violent incidents in one game.
Last month the league knocked back Salisbury West’s application to re-enter the competition in 2019 because it was not satisfied sufficient change to address concerns had taken place.
Salisbury West will appeal the ruling at a general committee meeting this coming Monday.
Salisbury West captain Adam Jones arriving at the Adelaide Footy League tribunal before receiving a life ban.
League chief executive John Kernahan said the competition’s constitution allowed for a club to have a decision made by the executive overtuned by vote.
“Both the league executive and the Salisbury West Football Club will detail their respective views on why they were denied affiliation and our member clubs will have the last word,” Kernahan said.
“It is a system that has served our league well.”
Salisbury West would require a majority of the league’s 68 clubs to vote in support of its bid to be allowed to return next season.
The Tigers have been contacting clubs prior to the meeting to present their plan for the future and persuade them to vote in favour.
Six Salisbury West players have submitted clearance requests to other clubs.
All were still pending at presstime.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: SWFC

Postby beef » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:40 am

Can't imagine there would be 35 clubs wanting Salisbury West back in the comp.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:47 am

I was about to post this, saved me a job :lol:

But agreed, not sure how much sympathy will be out there
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Chappy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 am

The league has enough behavioral problems (some which get ignored week after week),

A year out will give the club a chance to turnover players, start a ground up build & hopefully return in 2020 as a club that is focused on success on the field without the need for these issues. Its disappointing for all that spend there money/time at the club, but hopefully those people remain to help the club rebuild its profile.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Good work by the SAAFL. "It's not our decision, it's the competitions".
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:16 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Good work by the SAAFL. "It's not our decision, it's the competitions".

It's where most get it wrong, the AdFL are damned when they do and damned when they don't, they are basically "the voice" of the AdFL affiliated clubs yet every time they make a strong stance on something everyone gets the pitchforks out.

I'm sure they leave most big decisions up to the clubs, they are just the ones that deliver the decisions to the public.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:17 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Good work by the SAAFL. "It's not our decision, it's the competitions".

Not sure what you mean.

The league executive has already made their decision, which was NO

The SWFC is now using their right to appeal. This would normally mean the club would call an extraordinary meeting, however this appeal has good timing, in that it happens to be held on AGM night. This means that the clubs now vote as to whether they back up the leagues decision and say no, or vote to overturn the leagues decision.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It's where most get it wrong, the AdFL are damned when they do and damned when they don't, they are basically "the voice" of the AdFL affiliated clubs yet every time they make a strong stance on something everyone gets the pitchforks out.

I'm sure they leave most big decisions up to the clubs, they are just the ones that deliver the decisions to the public.

It's been worded funnily in the report

Footy Chick

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Don't get me wrong LM, I agree with them. I think they've done that really well. "Poll the membership". I'd expect no less to be honest. I think they can then say "well the clubs did/didn't want you in" and the SAAFL/ADFL will stand behind and support it.

It will be interesting to see if the vote gets up whether teams voted against them actually front up on the Saturday.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Not sure what you mean.

The SWFC is now using their right to appeal. This would normally mean the club would call an extraordinary meeting, however this appeal has good timing, in that it happens to be held on AGM night. This means that the clubs now vote as to whether they back up the leagues decision and say no, or vote to overturn the leagues decision.

You don't need to be licensed to perform surgery on rockets to know the clubs aren't going to vote unanimously to over turn the league decision.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Nah mate, way off track here.
They did make the decision, and they said no.

SWFC have now appealed, and that appeal goes to the full competition.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Not sure what you mean.

Exactly that FC. I think it's exactly the right thing to do. If the SAAFL chose to override the appeal by saying "no" there would be outrage. This way, they will have consulted their constituate and the constituate will speak for the membership. Ideal!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:22 pm

I think everyone has overreacted to my comment. All good, play on. I meant it was the right thing to do - as Trader has pointed out I clearly didn't realise it was the only thing they could do!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:48 pm

What's the over/under on yes votes?

10.5?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:50 pm

jo172 wrote:What's the over/under on yes votes?

10.5?

Surely no clubs are going to take the risk of hanging themselves out to dry?

I'll take what you're offering on the unders.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:53 pm

gadj1976 wrote:I think everyone has overreacted to my comment. All good, play on. I meant it was the right thing to do - as Trader has pointed out I clearly didn't realise it was the only thing they could do!

Maybe our sarcasm detectors need updating :lol:

No harm done :D

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Booney wrote:
You don't need to be licensed to perform surgery on rockets to know the clubs aren't going to vote unanimously to over turn the league decision.

Not even... half plus one is all it will take.

There might be a club or two that may refrain from voting too, due to a conflict of interest.

Footy Chick

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:I think everyone has overreacted to my comment. All good, play on. I meant it was the right thing to do - as Trader has pointed out I clearly didn't realise it was the only thing they could do!

Maybe our sarcasm detectors need updating :lol:

No harm done :D

I should've put in a smiley face shouldn't I?
gadj1976
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:31 pm

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:37 pm

So will this go to appeal every year you reckon?
gadj1976
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League