Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 am

Spargo wrote:
Nice win mate. Could hear a bit of hootin’ & hollerin’ on the broadcast as it crossed the line...

Thanks mate, yeah, there was a few of us in the mounting yard near the line throwing support, was a real buzz.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
A few frothies would be nervous right now.

I was disappointed with myself in the winners lounge, spent too much time discussing the race, talking to the jockey, watching the interview and having photo's taken, I only managed 6 Boags Premiums in the half an hour we were in the lounge, 3 down from a PB.

Certainly made up for it as the day progressed.

Nice win mate. Could hear a bit of hootin’ & hollerin’ on the broadcast as it crossed the line...

That was me at the pub. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:13 pm

This is what we will be doing saturday night after LPH delivers us the good oil

https://www.punters.com.au/news/punter- ... ng_174514/

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 pm

I'm heading to the Strathalbyn races on Sunday so if anyone here has any good info, feel free to pass it on.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:This is what we will be doing saturday night after LPH delivers us the good oil

https://www.punters.com.au/news/punter- ... ng_174514/

I might put that in the shits thread as it's the type of bets I do on a smaller scale, my mates shake their heads when they get up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:19 am

Murray Bridge tomorrow (now today, started writing last night):

Not a track I've had much success at but to hell with history, right? Now here's my thoughts on the races based on history...

R1) 1 Olympic Academy carried huge weight last week to just go down when held up in the straight. Also won a race at big odds the week before but will jump close to even money and should have too much class for the field, despite giving away 7.5kg to the rest of the field. Others in the mix are 2 High Rolla, 6 Last One Named and 8 Henry The Dolphin, which has ability but was poor last week along with 4 Connemara Rose, which I can not entertain as a winning chance despite being third favourite at $4.40. 1 over 2,6 and 8

R2) Plenty of speed here from 8 Metro Tramp and 1 A Thousand Degrees. Little surprise they are both in the top two in betting with super trials, but McEvoy's runner and top weight, A Thousand Degrees, appears to have more ability and should win with 8 around the mark. Having said that, its one race start was terrible and raced keenly, which does cast doubt about its performance on track. 10 Picayune would be worth a look if it gets a start as it's only an EMG at this stage, I'm thinking it can run top four along with 3 Crown Fontein, which ran a 5L third this track and distance before a spell. 1 and 8 over 3 & 10.

R3) Tricky affair, with just the five runners but three vying for favouritism. I like 1 Borris in Ossory, form last race in Adelaide was solid behind Ruomaza, a much classier horse which went off to Melbourne. Loves this trip, local trainer and I don't mind young Logan on board, who gets a good weight claim here. Bonus is barrier 4 again. 2 Cannot Be Serious wasn't far away last start at Naracoorte despite being held up. Down in class, two wins from four at the mile. 3 Wanted By All was disappointing in its last two starts in similar company. One from one at track and distance but carrying 59.5kg. Kah on board is a plus but can't justify backing it at less than $6. 5 Big Boy Blev won in impressive fashion at Halidon over the same distance but the horses it defeated that day haven't gone on to do much at all this campaign. Could still run top three, local trainer a plus. Don't mind the roughie at all, 6 Honor The Moment. Seems to be improving and won 8.6L over the mile at Broken Hill last start. One to be wary of. Risking the 3, going with 1 over 2,5,6.

R4) Looks like a race of two classes. 4 Shows Promise was a good thing beaten last start and carries favouritism with Kah on board. Every reason to believe he will be in the finish here. 2 John The Rodent looks to be the early leader, vying for the front with 13 So Intelligent. Both got overrun last start, although 2 was over the mile, 13 over 1400m. 11 Crown Harmonium draws the car park again but has the class to go past a fair few of these, while 7 Meadows Lassie and 8 Notre Temps are other chances. 4 over 2,7,11 then 13 & 8.

R5) Aside from the two bottom weights, another tough affair to find a winner. 1 Classy Jack doesn't scream winner potential but has place claims. 2 Knotted has form over this distance and regularly threatens. Blinkers on today for Grant Young, barrier 7 not ideal. 3 Ogunde is back sharply in grade but the way it finished its last start over the 1000m hardly fills you with confidence. 4 Musical Query has good first up form, Jamie Kah riding probably deflates the price. 6 Willander Princess has a win at this class, track and distance, if we can get each way value, that's where I'll be heading. 5 Pellina tired late over the 1000m in this class but will be up front boxing on with them early. Thinking 4, 2 & 6 as value, 1,3 & 5 to fill the top 4.

R6) I'm actually pretty enthused about the two top weights here, 1 Autmed and 2 Cool Fonzy. Is it just me or does Todd Pannell seem to be riding very well without the plaudits of his female colleagues? He's on the 2 here, which has a win and three placings from four second up starts, and three placings from four starts this track and distance. Wanting closer to $6 though, opened about $3.80. Barrier 10 for 1 doesn't help but a weight claim and staying pedigree if made to work does. Still want about $10. Tipped 3 Euro Gold at $18 two starts back and this is its distance but step up in class casts doubt. 7 Lizzie Louise won its maiden here but struggled in this class. Not blown away by 5 Just Live On and 6 Texas Miller. Again, Kah on 6 deflates the price, but Shane Cahill on 5 means it should get every chance and recent form holds up. 5, 2 & 1 if we get the price. 3 and 6 other maybes.

R7) I'm keeping a close eye on 13 Bonify, which beat home Kumo in a BM45 at Broken Hill last start. Kumo then went to Hamilton yesterday and a solid 4th at huge odds in a BM58 over the same distance. Blinkers on, barrier 2, think it's worth a tinkle each way for sure. I'm again looking at Pannell's ride 9 In The Fast Lane as my main winning hope, 3 Art Music has good second up form, 4 Exalted Dee carries winning form in but wide barrier will test, 5 Majestic Ridge has each way claims, while 10 Sand Cat has enjoyed some success this campaign. 9 to win, 13 each way, then 3,4,5 and 10

Good luck!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:29 am

*footnote

R7) I left out 15 Exalted Gold, was an EMG but gets a run, Logan on board for Young, definitely in the market back in grade but wide barrier leaves a question mark. Include.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 am

Just noticed some early money in the pool on the first starter in R2, 4 No Ties. No trial form of note, but interesting to see someone's had a decent sniff this morning...
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:05 pm

OnSong wrote:Just noticed some early money in the pool on the first starter in R2, 4 No Ties. No trial form of note, but interesting to see someone's had a decent sniff this morning...

Wins. No surprises here.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:06 pm

OnSong wrote:Just noticed some early money in the pool on the first starter in R2, 4 No Ties. No trial form of note, but interesting to see someone's had a decent sniff this morning...

Have a nibble?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:14 pm

OnSong wrote:

Wins. No surprises here.

Nice work, got $12 purely because of you. Cheers
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm

OnSong wrote:

Wins. No surprises here.

$13.40 on the tote, hope you got some that...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Booney wrote:

Have a nibble?

Only included in my exotics but didn’t count on the 8 slipping to 4th. Disaster. Had the numbers, went that bit narrow.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Spargo wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Wins. No surprises here.

$13.40 on the tote, hope you got some that...

I didn’t. Had Olympic Academy into A Thousand Degrees. Should have had a saver, opted to include it in my exotics but as I said, juuust missed that too. Glad a few got some on!
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Wanted By All shortening right up in the next. I just...can’t back it.
OnSong
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Got $14 boosted on Ladbrokes because of your post, cheers mate!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:33 pm

OnSong wrote:Wanted By All shortening right up in the next. I just...can’t back it.

If you saw it jump, you’d have deadset thought you’d done your dough but market move was right. Ack
OnSong
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Bunbury
R2 - free trade.

Big wraps on this.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:32 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bunbury
R2 - free trade.

Big wraps on this.

Got $2.10 boosted. Thanks
OnSong
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 pm

OnSong wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bunbury
R2 - free trade.

Big wraps on this.

Got $2.10 boosted. Thanks
Its going to town now.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room