Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Thanks for that Hounds.
Surely that shows we are comparing apples with apples when stacking our Grand Final attendance up against WA or Vic?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6153
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 497 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Crows and power are contrived fake rubbish for the stupid controlled masses. Yesterday was real tribal SA footy the way it should be. If only it could be like that more often. You really appreciate what the state has lost post 1990 after a game like that...Really happy the Roosters broke their drought too.
User avatar
Alex
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:33 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Reddeer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Congratulations to North Adelaide. Norwood playing only 1 game in three weeks were always going to be possible sitting ducks. 40,000 was a fantastic crowd and benefited from fans starved of AFL teams involvement but why doesn't it translate to minor round games when the average crowd is barely 2000. The controversy creating an unprecedented media coverage (why cant they do that all the time and not be AFL centric) of the SANFL upped the interest
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Under 18s
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:32 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Captain_Bulldog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Congratulations to North Adelaide!

What a cracking game to watch with a fantastic crowd as well. This was watching good old SANFL footy at its best, and a great advertisement for our competition.

After 27 years enjoy it Roosters fans! Looking forward to the challenges of 2019 Season!
Captain_Bulldog
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:43 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Reddeer wrote:Congratulations to North Adelaide. Norwood playing only 1 game in three weeks were always going to be possible sitting ducks. 40,000 was a fantastic crowd and benefited from fans starved of AFL teams involvement but why doesn't it translate to minor round games when the average crowd is barely 2000. The controversy creating an unprecedented media coverage (why cant they do that all the time and not be AFL centric) of the SANFL upped the interest


How many people actually paid for a ticket to the GF?
There were that many free tickets floating around I doubt anyone paid hence the good crowd I suspect.

Maybe more free tickets to the minor round is the answer to get people back?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7389
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1357 times
Been liked: 1405 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Some ordinary lids in this one.
Attachments
Lids.jpg
Lids.jpg (103.77 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4228 times
Been liked: 7099 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Half a dozen SAfooty Chooks fellas on the middle left
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
User avatar
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:03 pm
Location: Fuherbunker
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Booney finds any people with a full set of teeth ordinary.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44385
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1087 times
Been liked: 2490 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Some North players haven't weathered the last couple of days very well
Attachments
PR.jpeg
PR.jpeg (146.68 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10533
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby robranisgod » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Reddeer wrote:Congratulations to North Adelaide. Norwood playing only 1 game in three weeks were always going to be possible sitting ducks. 40,000 was a fantastic crowd and benefited from fans starved of AFL teams involvement but why doesn't it translate to minor round games when the average crowd is barely 2000. The controversy creating an unprecedented media coverage (why cant they do that all the time and not be AFL centric) of the SANFL upped the interest


How many people actually paid for a ticket to the GF?
There were that many free tickets floating around I doubt anyone paid hence the good crowd I suspect.

Maybe more free tickets to the minor round is the answer to get people back?


I finally have tracked down someone from the league who tells me that they release the same amount of free tickets to the Grand Final every year and have for at least the last 15 years so that isn't a factor in the large crowd.
In fact the league think that if they had two of the other traditional clubs play in the reserves other than North and Norwood they would have got close to 45,000. I don't know about that but I suspect it actually cost the league a couple of thousand having the same teams as the league.
robranisgod
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:36 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 100 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Got my new custom number plate protectors from Qld today. :D

FB_IMG_1541555152228.jpg
FB_IMG_1541555152228.jpg (46.95 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44385
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1087 times
Been liked: 2490 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby holden78 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 am

Your making it too easy, unless you drive around in a T34 :D
holden78
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:43 am
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Just a heads up to those people that purchased pre ordered premiership gear in the first run, it's now available at the club.
I could just fit all my gear on my moped today but I did order 19 things.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44385
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1087 times
Been liked: 2490 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm

A great night at the memorial gardens opposite Prospect Oval tonight, a Grog Squad event with well over a hundred people there, we had a BBQ and had current players and ex players rock up.
A few interviews and a few speeches as well as a lot of photo opportunities with the league and reserves cup and flag, followed by a replay of the game.


Randomly heres a pic of Grenville Dietrich! :D
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg (115.6 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44385
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1087 times
Been liked: 2490 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm

:shock:

Tonight the North Adelaide Football Club has been awarded the ‘Team of the Year’ at the South Australian Sports Awards at Adelaide Oval!
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44385
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1087 times
Been liked: 2490 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 am

Wedgie wrote:A great night at the memorial gardens opposite Prospect Oval tonight, a Grog Squad event with well over a hundred people there, we had a BBQ and had current players and ex players rock up.
A few interviews and a few speeches as well as a lot of photo opportunities with the league and reserves cup and flag, followed by a replay of the game.


Randomly heres a pic of Grenville Dietrich! :D
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg


That was in no way a grog squad event,
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
User avatar
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:03 pm
Location: Fuherbunker
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A great night at the memorial gardens opposite Prospect Oval tonight, a Grog Squad event with well over a hundred people there, we had a BBQ and had current players and ex players rock up.
A few interviews and a few speeches as well as a lot of photo opportunities with the league and reserves cup and flag, followed by a replay of the game.


Randomly heres a pic of Grenville Dietrich! :D
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg


That was in no way a grog squad event,

Whatever it was, you are one lucky bunch of bastards. Wish I was amongst you.
johntheclaret
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 am
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby locky801 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:19 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A great night at the memorial gardens opposite Prospect Oval tonight, a Grog Squad event with well over a hundred people there, we had a BBQ and had current players and ex players rock up.
A few interviews and a few speeches as well as a lot of photo opportunities with the league and reserves cup and flag, followed by a replay of the game.


Randomly heres a pic of Grenville Dietrich! :D
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg


That was in no way a grog squad event,

Whatever it was, you are one lucky bunch of bastards. Wish I was amongst you.

\
me too :(
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41200
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 527 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby StrayDog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 am

Wedgie wrote::shock:

Tonight the North Adelaide Football Club has been awarded the ‘Team of the Year’ at the South Australian Sports Awards at Adelaide Oval!

Welcome to the club.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."


- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Copping a "feel for the game"
Has liked: 440 times
Been liked: 93 times

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A great night at the memorial gardens opposite Prospect Oval tonight, a Grog Squad event with well over a hundred people there, we had a BBQ and had current players and ex players rock up.
A few interviews and a few speeches as well as a lot of photo opportunities with the league and reserves cup and flag, followed by a replay of the game.


Randomly heres a pic of Grenville Dietrich! :D
FB_IMG_1542369307464.jpg


That was in no way a grog squad event,


Hosted by NGS perhaps but yes you are spot on Sheik, would have been lucky if 1 in 10 were NGS
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
User avatar
Ian
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 11438
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:25 pm
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 92 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests