Trade + Draft Period 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Booney wrote:What do you think, Doc?

Well, his knee's ******.

i think the club is contracted to keep at least one player on the list with bad knees... Out goes johnson, in come menzel
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:31 pm

according to wiki, he is already there :lol: :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_ ... 36e3i-wSn8
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:53 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:UPDATE: Menzel set to join the Swans. The former Cats forward is breaking away from his American holiday to undergo a medical with the Sydney Swans, before returning to his holiday. Though his agent former Bomber Adam Ramanauskas hasn't confirmed a contract, he has indicated that the Swans are the only remaining party in the hunt for Menzel.
Source: Herald Sun.

I didnt know they were allowed to bring players in again, mustve missed that bit. Did Sydney know that during the trade period?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:59 pm

https://www.facebook.com/lawrie.colliver/videos/10155773581061516/

Lawrie Colliver gets longtime recruiter Bernie Mahoney thoughts on the South Australians in the draft.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby DOC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Mason Fletcher (son of Dustin) is not nominating for the draft, choosing to play one more year of TAC/Essendon VFL after only playing 3 games this season due to injury.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:55 pm

DOC wrote:Mason Fletcher (son of Dustin) is not nominating for the draft, choosing to play one more year of TAC/Essendon VFL after only playing 3 games this season due to injury.

In other words, Essendon wouldn't guarantee to draft him, he didn't want to be taken by another club. So another year in the TAC Cup to ensure he ends up at Bomberland?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:15 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:
DOC wrote:Mason Fletcher (son of Dustin) is not nominating for the draft, choosing to play one more year of TAC/Essendon VFL after only playing 3 games this season due to injury.

In other words, Essendon wouldn't guarantee to draft him, he didn't want to be taken by another club. So another year in the TAC Cup to ensure he ends up at Bomberland?

Stress fractures in his back and he probably isn’t quite up to to it ATM. Would allow us to take Neagle as a F/S this year and Mason next year if he has shown he is worth it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Star Carlton recruit Mitch McGovern is excited to be putting a turbulent period with Adelaide behind him as he starts pre-season with his new AFL club.

McGovern joined the Blues during the trade period after he told the Crows he wanted out with two years left on his contract, but was reluctant to reveal why when he spoke to reporters on Monday.

“It’s a difficult question to answer ... obviously I don’t want to say what was going on behind the scenes at Adelaide, but the direction (concern) wasn’t about the talent or the footy ability of the group,” he said.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Booney wrote:Star Carlton recruit Mitch McGovern is excited to be putting a turbulent period with Adelaide behind him as he starts pre-season with his new AFL club.

McGovern joined the Blues during the trade period after he told the Crows he wanted out with two years left on his contract, but was reluctant to reveal why when he spoke to reporters on Monday.

“It’s a difficult question to answer ... obviously I don’t want to say what was going on behind the scenes at Adelaide, but the direction (concern) wasn’t about the talent or the footy ability of the group,” he said.

Hmm, not sure what to make of that. The concern being is that he gets to Carlton, doesn't like the direction (whatever that means) and opts out again! Strange.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby mots02 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Booney wrote:Star Carlton recruit Mitch McGovern is excited to be putting a turbulent period with Adelaide behind him as he starts pre-season with his new AFL club.

Hmm, not sure what to make of that. The concern being is that he gets to Carlton, doesn't like the direction (whatever that means) and opts out again! Strange.

Or gets to Carlton and realises just how important the talent and footy ability of a group is!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:26 pm

mots02 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Or gets to Carlton and realises just how important the talent and footy ability of a group is!

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:32 pm

It reads to me, and with some knowledge, that he wasn't happy that Burton kept his job....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:55 pm

He really should just keep his mouth shut now.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Booney wrote:It reads to me, and with some knowledge, that he wasn't happy that Burton kept his job....
Same here.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm

"It's not very often you get the opportunity to play in a Grand Final, so that one hurt me quite a bit" Mitch McGovern

CARLTON recruit Mitch McGovern said he was "hurt" to miss the 2017 Grand Final, revealing his absence played a part in his decision to leave Adelaide during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

McGovern was touch and go to play in the club's Grand Final loss to Richmond after suffering a hamstring injury early in its September campaign.

He was replaced in the side ahead of the preliminary final by swingman Andy Otten, before ultimately being ruled out of the Grand Final on the Wednesday prior to the clash.

Speaking as he was introduced as a Carlton player on Monday, McGovern revealed "there were areas" of Adelaide's handling of the injury that played into his decision to leave.

"It's not very often you get the opportunity to play in a Grand Final, so that one hurt me quite a bit," McGovern said.

"There was a bit of jealousy knowing that Jezza (brother Jeremy McGovern) got to play in one and actually win one. So that burnt me for a while. But I've moved on from that."

McGovern requested a trade to Carlton at the start of the exchange period, despite having recently penned a contract extension at Adelaide taking him through until the end of 2020.

That wish was granted just three days into the trade period, with the Blues sending pick 13 and the rights to mature-aged SANFL prospect Shane McAdam to the Crows to seal the deal.

It led to heavy criticism for McGovern from within South Australia, with Malcolm Blight suggesting the 24-year-old: "Tell the truth: 'I'm going for cash because I'm hungry for cash'."

According to McGovern, such claims were unwarranted.

"It hit a heartstring for me," he said.

"Not just me, my family as well. There was a lot going on personally, so it was difficult. You can't say much, you can't bite back at it. The only thing I can do now is look forward.

"I'm at a great footy club here at Carlton. I'm extremely excited and rapt to be here. I just can't wait for round one to put my foot down and show them why I did it."

McGovern was at the MCG in September as his older brother Jeremy won the premiership with West Coast, despite also battling fitness issues going into the clash.

The young forward revealed seeing his sibling achieve the game's ultimate success has motivated him further to fulfil a similar ambition with Carlton.

"I missed my opportunity last year," McGovern said.

"On the eve of the Grand Final, we weren't too sure if Jezza was going to pull up for the game. It was quite a scary few days for me, thinking he was going to go through the exact same thing I went through the year before. It was a bit daunting.

"To see his perseverance to get through what he'd been through and end up on the other side and have a big impact on the game, it was pretty special.

"It was heart-warming for me to see him win on the day. But there was a lot of burning blood inside that he got that opportunity and ended up winning it.

"It gives me that drive to help this footy club get there."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 pm

The burning blood of watching Jezza win a flag......

Ok mate your on your way to Carlton that's enough flag talk from you.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm

stan wrote:The burning blood of watching Jezza win a flag......

Ok mate your on your way to Carlton that's enough flag talk from you.

He really isn't making any sense, is he?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Making none at all. Never play an injured player in a Grand Final, how many times has that been said.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby valleys07 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Brodlach wrote:Making none at all. Never play an injured player in a Grand Final, how many times has that been said.

Plenty. Although - West Coast won a flag, despite doing exactly that.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:40 pm

valleys07 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Making none at all. Never play an injured player in a Grand Final, how many times has that been said.

Plenty. Although - West Coast won a flag, despite doing exactly that.

No players would be uninjured going into a GF, most would be lucky to be running at over 80% by round 20.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL