PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
Perhaps, but wouldn't that be at the disadvantage of the blokes who are committed?

They had us 7/106 at one stage.

You could of had them all out for 30, scored 100 odd and sent them in again.

All good though, it is very inviting to have a hit when there's bugger all fielders, get a couple of blokes amongst the runs.

We could have done that, for sure. But we, as I'm sure Riverside would agree, would love to get on the park as often as we can.

Only one of our blokes made a score too, and a couple got starts. The blokes Riverside had were competitive, and if they had held a few more catches, would've rolled us for under 150.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am

Failed Creation wrote:Perhaps I didn't phrase my last post correctly; I was actually referring to their blokes. You wouldn't want to deny their regulars a regular game.

To be honest, if I had to take the field with only 7 team mates I'd rather chuck it in, go watch the A's with a few froffies.

Riverside have done well to survive over the years and to still have a team in Grade 1 is exceptional with their list, unfortunately with no older aged juniors coming through they rely on mateship to get them through, losing their heart and soul would've severely dented them this year.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:Perhaps I didn't phrase my last post correctly; I was actually referring to their blokes. You wouldn't want to deny their regulars a regular game.

To be honest, if I had to take the field with only 7 team mates I'd rather chuck it in, go watch the A's with a few froffies.

Riverside have done well to survive over the years and to still have a team in Grade 1 is exceptional with their list, unfortunately with no older aged juniors coming through they rely on mateship to get them through, losing their heart and soul would've severely dented them this year.

Absolutely.

Their blokes are a good bunch, and I honestly hope they can survive.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:21 am

norm11 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'll start marking the tips...

norm11 wrote:Two wells is my tip for div 6

Wrong - 0/1

Lol. Once we gel look out.

Where's the araldite?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I'll start marking the tips...

norm11 wrote:Two wells is my tip for div 6

Wrong - 0/1

Lol. Once we gel look out.

Where's the araldite?

Wanna start gelling soon - season will be over before Christmas at this rate.. lol.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:Wanna start gelling soon - season will be over before Christmas at this rate.. lol.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Absolutely.

Their blokes are a good bunch, and I honestly hope they can survive.

Have won the best blokes award for about 20 years running. Always and enjoyable couple of weeks against Riverside.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:01 am

The junior comps need some attention, although it's good to see 5 Under 16 teams compared to 3 last season their playing numbers aren't great and the premiership looks pretty obvious already.

The 14's dropped from 9 teams to 7 this season with Craigmore having two sides, I'm leaning towards a Craigmore vs Craigmore GF too.

Perhaps one of these grades needs to look at what the Barossa have done to re-invigorate it?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The junior comps need some attention, although it's good to see 5 Under 16 teams compared to 3 last season their playing numbers aren't great and the premiership looks pretty obvious already.

The 14's dropped from 9 teams to 7 this season with Craigmore having two sides, I'm leaning towards a Craigmore vs Craigmore GF too.

Perhaps one of these grades needs to look at what the Barossa have done to re-invigorate it?

What have the Barossa done?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:11 am

Tony Clifton wrote:What have the Barossa done?

Moved their 16's to a Friday afternoon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:What have the Barossa done?

Moved their 16's to a Friday afternoon.

Went from 6 teams to 10 the following season and maintained the 10 teams this season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:09 pm

A bit bored so I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and go through an old game that we created so many names for the players involved.

Our A Grade opening bat couldn't play week two so we put him in our D's for week one, he never usually bowled but they opened up with him and he took 9/12 as they dismissed the opposition for 27 for memory.
We bat, he opens the batting and scores 112 not out and they declare at 1/156 with about an hour to go.
He manages to pick up another 3 wickets as they get to around 3/40 at stumps.

They manage to conjure up around 180 in their second dig leaving our D's around 50 odd for outright.

We got bowled out for 21.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:09 am

Friday afternoons here in Clare have seen a significant increase in junior playing numbers in what was previously a dire stait.
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit bored so I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and go through an old game that we created so many names for the players involved.

Our A Grade opening bat couldn't play week two so we put him in our D's for week one, he never usually bowled but they opened up with him and he took 9/12 as they dismissed the opposition for 27 for memory.
We bat, he opens the batting and scores 112 not out and they declare at 1/156 with about an hour to go.

They manage to conjure up around 180 in their second dig leaving our D's around 50 odd for outright.

My favourite cricket moment was in our under 15's (?) Semi Final playing against a Rose & Crown side with the Figallo's, Chris McLean, Morton etc.

We were the top side playing the fourth and won the toss with me as captain choosing to bat. We batted out our allotted overs but only scored 121 runs. A handy score but no unchasable.

We rock up the next to our coach David Thompson not being there lol. Game gets underway and still no coach lol.

Game goes ahead and we get to one of the drinks breaks with Rose & Crown sitting 7/119. Thommo eventually rocks up at the drinks break to give us an absolute bath about our performance. Our vice captain at the time Tom Radford loses his shit and ends up in an argument with Thommo.

I go speak to the vice about who we should bowl and Tom our usual opening bowler gives me the old 'this isn't a discussion im bowling and Im winning the game' I didn't really agree but was told he was walking home if he didn't bowl. He got the ball.

First ball of his over he cleaned bowled Russell I think who was on a decent score. 8/119 chasing 121
Second ball he gets the new batsmen plumb LBW 9/119 chasing 121.

We have a chat and decide to call for the helmet for me to go in at silly leg for the hattrick.

Comes in bowls, it gets an inside edge on to the pad and pops up straight in the air. I take the catch we win and Tom gets his hattrick. We go mental celebrating. Tom being a very handy high level soccer player ends up running around the oval with his shirt off waving it in the air. In celebrating I take the helmet off and throw it in the air to which it hits the square leg umpire R&C coach I think his name was Axel. I got reported and was luckily let off to play in the GF with a very stern warning.

We ended up losing the GF to Golden Grove despite Andrew Lindsay getting a 7 for which was wiped away with an 8 for from ex Redback Chris Duval.
whufc
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:11 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit bored so I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and go through an old game that we created so many names for the players involved.

My favourite cricket moment was in our under 15's (?) Semi Final playing against a Rose & Crown side with the Figallo's, Chris McLean, Morton etc.

We were the top side playing the fourth and won the toss with me as captain choosing to bat. We batted out our allotted overs but only scored 121 runs. A handy score but no unchasable.

We rock up the next to our coach David Thompson not being there lol. Game gets underway and still no coach lol.

Game goes ahead and we get to one of the drinks breaks with Rose & Crown sitting 7/119. Thommo eventually rocks up at the drinks break to give us an absolute bath about our performance. Our vice captain at the time Tom Radford loses his shit and ends up in an argument with Thommo.

I go speak to the vice about who we should bowl and Tom our usual opening bowler gives me the old 'this isn't a discussion im bowling and Im winning the game' I didn't really agree but was told he was walking home if he didn't bowl. He got the ball.

First ball of his over he cleaned bowled Russell I think who was on a decent score. 8/119 chasing 121
Second ball he gets the new batsmen plumb LBW 9/119 chasing 121.

We have a chat and decide to call for the helmet for me to go in at silly leg for the hattrick.

Comes in bowls, it gets an inside edge on to the pad and pops up straight in the air. I take the catch we win and Tom gets his hattrick. We go mental celebrating. Tom being a very handy high level soccer player ends up running around the oval with his shirt off waving it in the air. In celebrating I take the helmet off and throw it in the air to which it hits the square leg umpire R&C coach I think his name was Axel. I got reported and was luckily let off to play in the GF with a very stern warning.

We ended up losing the GF to Golden Grove despite Andrew Lindsay getting a 7 for which was wiped away with an 8 for from ex Redback Chris Duval.

I remember that game well, because I got dropped.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 am

There you go! Is I written recollection similar to how you remember it. I feel like it was Russ who batted really well for you guys but could have been wrong.

Who was the coach you had, Axel?

Whatever ever happened to be him, he was heavily involved in coaching association sides etc etc and then just never heard or saw of him again.
whufc
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:36 am

whufc wrote:There you go! Is I written recollection similar to how you remember it. I feel like it was Russ who batted really well for you guys but could have been wrong.

Whatever ever happened to be him, he was heavily involved in coaching association sides etc etc and then just never heard or saw of him again.

You're not far off, really.

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ID=2861824

Paul Figallo top scored with 29, Stephen Coad hit 22 not out, Chris McLean scored 17 and Russell Figallo ended up with 15.

It was either Axel or Dave Gibbard who coached us that year, from memory.

I think Axel ran off after a bunch of money went missing.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:30 am

Failed Creation wrote:
whufc wrote:There you go! Is I written recollection similar to how you remember it. I feel like it was Russ who batted really well for you guys but could have been wrong.

Paul Figallo top scored with 29, Stephen Coad hit 22 not out, Chris McLean scored 17 and Russell Figallo ended up with 15.

Wow!!!

My recollection was close but not 100% right

It was 5 runs not 2 and I recall the lbw being the second wicket not the hat trick. I’m pretty certain that might be a typo because I definitely took the catch and was reported

Now that you bring that up about Axel I think I recall that
whufc
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:51 pm

whufc wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Wow!!!

My recollection was close but not 100% right

It was 5 runs not 2 and I recall the lbw being the second wicket not the hat trick. I’m pretty certain that might be a typo because I definitely took the catch and was reported

Now that you bring that up about Axel I think I recall that

I don't have much good to say about Axel. He had his obvious favourites (although I did/do like those blokes), and his treatment of his supposed 'lesser' players made me fall out of love with the game for a while.

That season, I batted four times and only bowled 9 overs. The season before, I opened the batting in the two-dayers and bowled first or second-change from memory.

Sure, we had a reasonable side, but kids deserve a fair go too.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeah he seemed extremly intense and very stereotypical of coaches back then.

Was he African American or was he Sri Lankan
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps