What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:47 am

This week Im deciding between this two Switch games.

Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition

Or

Battle Chasers: Nightwar
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 am

Should I get Pokemon: Lets Go on Switch?

Comes out this Friday. I don't like that you dont battle wild pokemon, but it would be good to get back into it, especially being the Kanto region.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:55 pm

HH3 wrote:Should I get Pokemon: Lets Go on Switch?

Comes out this Friday. I don't like that you dont battle wild pokemon, but it would be good to get back into it, especially being the Kanto region.

yes
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:34 am

45% through the story mode in RDR2. This game is amazing. Still haven’t been everywhere and I know besides the story mode their is so much more which I haven’t done.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:42 pm

I've been switching ( ;) ) between Fifa 18 on the Switch, and NCAA Football 12 on the PS3 lately.

Came 3rd in the PL with QPR in my third season there. Looking around for a new club. Tottenham and Liverpool have both offered me jobs.

Finished my first season as the Offensive Coordinator for Northwestern University in NCAA. Won our bowl game. Was offered the OC role at some other schools, including Hawaii and Indiana, but no reason to change for that. Only had one player leave for the NFL draft (Our running back).

Started the second season with a win against Syracuse. Our better players all graduated in the offseason, so this might be a tougher year. Also the schedules putting us up against a lot more schools ranked in the top 25.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:49 am

Played my Switch last night in bed while Mrs HH3 watched Waterworld on Netflix.

Fifa...

The opportunity to coach Hamburg SV (who for some reason I've always had a liking for) came up in the offseason, so I took that. Im in the 2022 season, and they're in the 2. Bundesliga. (Second division). The team is stacked, and the budget is $45m transfer, $200k wage. The goal I have to obtain is automatic promotion, which I thought wouldnt be a problem.

I joined a preseason comp, and went 1-1-2 in 4 games, which wasnt a good start. Before the third match of that comp, I sent our American striker, Wood, to QPR, along with $2m for striker Ben Brereton, who is still only 22 and a superstar.

The first game of the regular season, Hamburg SV won 3-0, with Brereton netting two goals.

Having to win the league or get sacked is going to make this season a lot more fun, instead of just having to finish mid-table in the PL with QPR to keep my job.

I'll probably stick with Hamburg SV for a few seasons, then look at moving to the MLS.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:19 am

woodublieve12 wrote:45% through the story mode in RDR2. This game is amazing. Still haven’t been everywhere and I know besides the story mode their is so much more which I haven’t done.

I’m 96% through story mode, stopped doing them and trying to finish all the side missions I’ve missed before it ends.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:43 am

helicopterking wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:45% through the story mode in RDR2. This game is amazing. Still haven’t been everywhere and I know besides the story mode their is so much more which I haven’t done.

I’m 96% through story mode, stopped doing them and trying to finish all the side missions I’ve missed before it ends.

The last two missions I did was the tobacco farm fire and rescuing the guy who lives in Rhodes from the Lemoyne Raiders.

Haven't played it for about a week.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 am

HH3 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

The last two missions I did was the tobacco farm fire and rescuing the guy who lives in Rhodes from the Lemoyne Raiders.

Haven't played it for about a week.

I can't get enough of it... one of the small reasons I got a new 55 inch tv was because of this game (honestly my old one was 10 years old and the picture quality was getting worse).... My last mission was when I had to go save tilly from the foreman's.

I usually do the good act over the bad... If I go through the game again i'll do the opposite...
Has some real funny bits too
Best game ive ever played I reckon.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:I can't get enough of it... one of the small reasons I got a new 55 inch tv was because of this game (honestly my old one was 10 years old and the picture quality was getting worse).... My last mission was when I had to go save tilly from the foreman's.

I usually do the good act over the bad... If I go through the game again i'll do the opposite...

I've recently upgraded to a 55inch over my 10 year old 40inch whos picture was going...

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:53 pm

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I can't get enough of it... one of the small reasons I got a new 55 inch tv was because of this game (honestly my old one was 10 years old and the picture quality was getting worse).... My last mission was when I had to go save tilly from the foreman's.

I've recently upgraded to a 55inch over my 10 year old 40inch whos picture was going...

mine was 40 inch too

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 am

I finally got around to getting Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu yesterday.

I was holding off because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to accept the new catching mechanic. But the draw of playing a remake of the originals pulled me back in. Being able to play with just the original 151 Pokemon in the Kanto region is awesome.

I put in 4 hours last night. Good for the nostalgia and also good for the kids, as you can have a second player jump in and out of the game whenever you want.

I've already evolved a Bulbasaur into an Ivysaur. On the hunt for a Squirtle.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:45 pm

bought red dead 2
finally played a little bit last night
trying to have a big session this weekend and get stuck into the online part with couple mates

never played the first, but this looks like it will be very time consuming!
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:26 am

HH3 wrote:I finally got around to getting Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu yesterday.

I was holding off because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to accept the new catching mechanic. But the draw of playing a remake of the originals pulled me back in. Being able to play with just the original 151 Pokemon in the Kanto region is awesome.

I put in 4 hours last night. Good for the nostalgia and also good for the kids, as you can have a second player jump in and out of the game whenever you want.

Is it worth buying HH3? I've heard its quite easy?
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby HH3 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 am

mighty hounds wrote:
HH3 wrote:I finally got around to getting Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu yesterday.

Is it worth buying HH3? I've heard its quite easy?
You can make it harder for yourself by using the other Pokemon besides the title one.

I chucked my Bulbasaur I caught in first, and it was a lot tougher than having Pikachu f**k them up.

Its not the hardest game on Earth, but still fun and nostalgic. Got my first Squirtle at 2:30am Saturday morning.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:17 pm

The way Pokemon Lets Go works is, you level up all of the Pokemon in your party by catching Pokemon. So every time you catch on, all 6 Pokemon receive XP. You get more XP for catching higher level Pokemon than you do for winning battles, so there's not much point using different Pokemon.

I've put my Wartortle first, just because Im sick of using Pikachu. I'll only use him if Im getting beaten. This way, it makes battles a lot harder, as the Pikachu is really overpowered, and instead Im using a Wartortle against Pokemon 10 levels higher. Makes it a lot more strategic.

Right now Im trying to get my Wartortle and Charmeleon evolved. I also just got to Fuschia City, which has the GO Park. This is where you can transfer your Pokemon GO Pokemon to your Lets Go game. The way they do it is dump them all in a park, and you still have to go in there and catch them. It's not a straight transfer, which is good. Makes you work for them a little bit.

Played a total of 14.5 hours so far.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:18 pm

I finally finished Spideman last night, took my time collecting and completing everything before I finished the story, what a f**king great game. The gadgets, the suits and suit powers, the fighting style, the web swinging, the story with Insomniac's own Sinister Six was all done so well.

I will eventually get Red Dead Redemption 2, maybe as a Christmas present as I'm not in a huge rush to get it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:18 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I finally finished Spideman last night, took my time collecting and completing everything before I finished the story, what a f**king great game. The gadgets, the suits and suit powers, the fighting style, the web swinging, the story with Insomniac's own Sinister Six was all done so well.

I will eventually get Red Dead Redemption 2, maybe as a Christmas present as I'm not in a huge rush to get it.

When did you finish all the side missions Dark Knight? Whenever they came available i spent hours doing them before the main story so i could upgrade all my gear and unlock suits to make life easier when the game got harder. What suite perk did you use? I found the spider-bro bot the best. I'm not sure i could put the game in the same category as the Batman series. They produced 3 remarkable games but i did see they've left it open for future Spiderman games .
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 am

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I finally finished Spideman last night, took my time collecting and completing everything before I finished the story, what a f**king great game. The gadgets, the suits and suit powers, the fighting style, the web swinging, the story with Insomniac's own Sinister Six was all done so well.

When did you finish all the side missions Dark Knight? Whenever they came available i spent hours doing them before the main story so i could upgrade all my gear and unlock suits to make life easier when the game got harder. What suite perk did you use? I found the spider-bro bot the best. I'm not sure i could put the game in the same category as the Batman series. They produced 3 remarkable games but i did see they've left it open for future Spiderman games .

I did the side missions the same way as you, did them as soon as they became available and tried to finsh them all ASAP so it took me longer to do the main story. A few of the side missions were quite tedious but like you said I leveled up, unlocked and upgraded gear and suits quicker. I mostly use the EMP blast suit perk, I found it most effective. I loved the using the spider bots gadget, made life easy when fight multliple enemies.

I'm also not sure how I would rate it against the Batman Arkham games, both them and Spiderman are so damn good! And yes their will definitely be a sequel, Harry Osborn maybe the main villian but we'll see what they'll do with Norman Osborn being Green Goblin.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 am

Finished the story mode in rdr2. Brilliant. Best game I have ever played. Loved it. Great story.
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets