Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:47 am

Spargo wrote:Today at Orange, R7 # 1
Should be taking care of this lot. I don’t often tip shorties but this looks a near good thing. If you can get even money you’d be doing well.

Cheers, will do some sort of exotic.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:51 am

JK wrote:Doesn’t the Parks usually suit on pacers? LHM likes it near the front so as long as Hurdle can get it to cross, looks a reasonable chance again hopefully

Yep thats why I asked, love backing horses in play on that track when they lead, seems bloody hard to run down leaders on that track.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:56 am

Does anyone know where to find yesterday's quaddie dividends in the new styled Sportsbet site?

I dipped out in Moe and Randwick yesterday, both in the last leg, both pipped at the post by a friggin rough as guts donkey.

I'm keen to see how much I missed out, I can't help myself.

Race 2 in Randwick yesterday a colleague wouldn't stop talking to me while I was waiting to put a bet on, I ended up just getting it on and watched it having a little cheer as I needed 9 & 6 to run first and second then the 3rd and 4th were pretty well covered for the First 4, had 26% and the 9 came in paying more than the 6 so all good.
I then just checked my bet just to make sure only to discover I'd clicked on the 5 instead of the 6, First 4 paid about $1300 :(
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone know where to find yesterday's quaddie dividends in the new styled Sportsbet site?

I dipped out in Moe and Randwick yesterday, both in the last leg, both pipped at the post by a friggin rough as guts donkey.

Race 2 in Randwick yesterday a colleague wouldn't stop talking to me while I was waiting to put a bet on, I ended up just getting it on and watched it having a little cheer as I needed 9 & 6 to run first and second then the 3rd and 4th were pretty well covered for the First 4, had 26% and the 9 came in paying more than the 6 so all good.
I then just checked my bet just to make sure only to discover I'd clicked on the 5 instead of the 6, First 4 paid about $1300 :(

Pretty sure Sportsbet don’t show quaddie divs as it depends on which state you live as to what div you get.
Sportsbet pay Adelaide quaddie punters on what Ubet pay.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Spargo wrote:
Pretty sure Sportsbet don’t show quaddie divs as it depends on which state you live as to what div you get.
Sportsbet pay Adelaide quaddie punters on what Ubet pay.

I wish I didn't check, I feel like throwing up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone know where to find yesterday's quaddie dividends in the new styled Sportsbet site?

Randwick Quaddie $5.4k in NSW

Moe Quaddie $20.9k in Vic
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 pm

One of by Blackbookers running today, Lunch at Rulers at Terang in race 6

Got $67 boosted, won for me last start
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Clare Sunday

We've got a delightful card of seven races for what looms to be a great day with good spring weather this weekend. Shouldn't get much more rain, expect the track to be a Good 4 by Sunday but we're operating with a Soft 5 at the moment. Clare doesn't have a long straight, about 200m, so we're looking for horses with early speed who can then box on.

R1) As is customary, we kick things off with a maiden, over 1100m. Always Guilty (1) is a first starter for the tiny Craig Curtis stable. Looking for an inside word with that one. Austin Raider (2) has form in races where others have gone on to win or perform well, including Texas Miller and Stalagmite. Back in distance and up in weight, thinking it's not drawn well enough to win. Faith In Grace (3) battled to the line for fourth over this trip after working wide last start when a favourite at Penola. Gets a good barrier draw and will show speed from the inside. Up in weight but Toeroek on board is a bonus. Good Nic (4) finished close up behind Tailgunner in a trial, which knocked off a short favourite at Strath on Sunday (as tipped by me at $15). The stable has smashed it with gear changes. Copped some interference last start, better barrier, it's in the finish for mine. Warraside Fairy (5) and Helpeny (6) will be rank outsiders. No thanks. Just Kauto (7) has a second in a trial behind the brilliant No Joy, which won well at Strath on Sunday over 1200m. Hoping this means the bookies overrate it, as it was fading to the line under the whip over the 1000m, so it doesn't need more ground here in my mind. Kissable Eight (8) and Martinique (9) have the two widest barriers. I like both of these two be right there in the finish. Kissable Eight needs a decent cart into the race from the wide barrier, while Martinique will work home from anywhere.

3, 9, 4, 8 and 2.

R2) A distance maiden over the 1800m. Business Class (1) closed ok from a wide barrier last start, so the extra 200m suits, same weight. Fit enough to win. Busker's Ballad (2) stayed on well over 1400m. Should lob on the rails again, so a similar run but lacks a turn of foot. Fox By Zerprise (3), John's Last Song (4) and Philton (6) all have early speed but that's about it. Blue Balloons (7) stuck on well over 1700m when three wide. Has a better barrier draw and same weight. Lace The Lady (5) worked home with Business Class. Similar draw, did its best work late and could be finishing off. Notre Temps (8) didn't show me enough last week to think 1800m is a good thing. Resista (10) is back in grade, proven place getter in tougher affairs at 1600m+, gets good gate but lacks excuses from five gun rides this campaign. Becoming expensive to follow. Texas Lil (11) is drawn wide, hasn't shown much although back in grade.

10, 7, 1, 5 and 2.

R3) BM56 over 1800m. Didn't mind the run of Grand Armada (1) on Sunday from a wide gate, did a tonne of work. Huge engine, wide barrier again, can be in the place getters. Unscopeable (2) has been a bit unlucky this campaign but gets the inside barrier, will have the run of the race. Weight the query. Hidatsa (3) is on the short backup and up in grade after disappointing on Wednesday. Hoff's Off (4) was good at Penola over 1700m, will get the distance and probably track the leaders from gate eight. Tommy Gun (5) is in with a winning hope and back to his preferred distance range. Hurricanes (6) has had plenty of chances this campaign, not quite getting into the money. Drop back in class for Sweet Kaiser (7) but this still looks too hard. The run of Conquer The Moment (8) at Wycheproof over the 1800m was solid enough to consider it for the minors. No thanks for He's A Valley Boy (10) despite the name, or Golden Rule (11) despite drop in grade.

2, 4, 5, 1, and 8.

R4) Maiden over 1200m. Doug's Journey (1) drawn too wide to figure. Fever (2) has shown sporadic signs over this grade, off a long spell, outside hope. It's Mystic (3) will be looking for the front again from a wide gate, back in distance. Prince Monarch (4) has shown best form second up, on softer ground, so if we get a soft track, all those stars align somewhat. Scare Campaign (5) once again gets a good gate and worked home for third place a mile off the leader last start. Can be in the finish again here. Smoke (6) is an unsighted first starter for the Ryan Balfour stable. Wedgebrook (7) is an outside place hope, Equimoore (8) has been honest without getting into the places, unsuited by wide gate but should find this easier. Super (9) comes from a wide gate and will settle back, suits its racing pattern and back in class. Miss Ebony Rose (10) is better than its last start, should lob behind the leaders from a good gate and generally sticks on from there. Minor place hope. Hard to get enthused about One O'Clock Rock (11) and the trial form of Ipotane (12) is uninspiring. Sizzkye (12) again draws to the inside and is back in class. Didn't show enough on debut for mine. Difficult race.

3, 9, 6, 5 and 10.

Race 5) BM64 over 1100m. You have to respect the work rate of topweight Iconic (1), carries a huge weight, up in class but can be in the finish after a good win last start over this trip at Penola. Just A Bigger Dash (2) gets some weight relief with Kenny Lau on board. Back in class, should be thereabouts amongst this lot. Don’t think Geordie’s Second (3) is up to this off the short backup. My Lesson (4) doesn’t appeal strongly but Jason Holder will give it every chance. Good soft track record too. Has been pressing forward and fading lately. Vahana (5) will be pressing forward, has a good first up record although up in weight too. Can match it with this class. Distance the question mark. Anamesis (6) draws fairly, also right in this race given distance record and found trouble in two recent starts in town. Shark Mirage (7) is consistent enough to include in your numbers. Amative (8) often tries to lead but fades late in the run. Maybe outclassed again here but can hang on for top four finish. Pandeia (9) can also be in the finish if it can get near the front from a wide draw.

2, 5, 6, 1 and 7.

Race 6) BM80 over 1800m. Sizzling Bullet (1) is a class runner and forgive the last start, following a good second in the Gawler Cup. Sting out of the ground suits. Weight a query. Excites Zelady (2) is also likely to be in the finish. Really liking the consistency from Aagas (3). Distance and track conditions suit. With Oh So Unfair (4) on its inside, these two will be ones to watch. Chu Chu Charlie (5) will see out the distance. Been racing well at regionals without the wins. Exalted Honey (6) may find this too difficult but weight relief from Sophie Logan is a plus. Springfield Lew (7) will look to lead, stays ok and fitter for two recent runs. Big Boy Blev (8) finished off the mile ok at Strath, gets some weight relief but this is a step up. Svetlana’s Arrow (9) not going well enough this campaign.

4, 1, 3, 2 and 7.

Race 7) BM54 over 1200m. Bwuva (1) should be scratched, not enthused by the form of King Red (7), while Shall We Hope (3) has drawn the car park, makes it hard to win from there. Not fully convinced Coco Gabrielle (4) can figure from gate 11. Hurricane Sonny (5) has a good barrier draw and motored home last start. Same class, should be a big improver. In The Fast Lane (6) also takes form from that race as a narrowly beaten favourite. Wide draw will make it tough. Archway To Heaven (7) also has to overcome this issue and will be looking for the front. Let’s Tango (8) has good form this track and distance, winning over the trip from gate 9 earlier this year. Hasn’t missed the places from three starts here either. Up and down lately. Lonberg (9) steps up in grade but drawn well and has been honest when given a fair go. If it finds the front, it sticks on. Gold Maestro (10) hasn’t got a great first up record and will need this run before finding its best. Social Lane (11) tends to prefer firm ground. Kapinette (14), Dapper After Dark (15) and Righteous Ruler (16) don’t appeal.

5, 6, 9, 8 and 7.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Brodlach wrote:One of by Blackbookers running today, Lunch at Rulers at Terang in race 6

Boxed 6,7,9,11 & 15.

Yep, sure enough the boss keeps coming over to chat with me now FFS.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:One of by Blackbookers running today, Lunch at Rulers at Terang in race 6

Boxed 6,7,9,11 & 15.

Yep, sure enough the boss keeps coming over to chat with me now FFS.

4,9,18 and tell him to **** off and fire the bullshit artist. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Booney wrote:
4,9,18 and tell him to **** off and fire the bullshit artist. :lol:

Yeah, 3 of mine were there til the last 20 odd metres, rough result, standard for a country meet, just gotta pick the right roughies.

Well the BA didn't call in today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Spargo went bang at Orange, $2.20 into $1.50
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Having a quiet beer in a pub at Mt Barker watching the races. Can’t jag a winner, but it’s still better than working.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:53 pm

OnSong wrote:Clare Sunday

We've got a delightful card of seven races for what looms to be a great day with good spring weather this weekend. Shouldn't get much more rain, expect the track to be a Good 4 by Sunday but we're operating with a Soft 5 at the moment. Clare doesn't have a long straight, about 200m, so we're looking for horses with early speed who can then box on.

R1) As is customary, we kick things off with a maiden, over 1100m. Always Guilty (1) is a first starter for the tiny Craig Curtis stable. Looking for an inside word with that one. Austin Raider (2) has form in races where others have gone on to win or perform well, including Texas Miller and Stalagmite. Back in distance and up in weight, thinking it's not drawn well enough to win. Faith In Grace (3) battled to the line for fourth over this trip after working wide last start when a favourite at Penola. Gets a good barrier draw and will show speed from the inside. Up in weight but Toeroek on board is a bonus. Good Nic (4) finished close up behind Tailgunner in a trial, which knocked off a short favourite at Strath on Sunday (as tipped by me at $15). The stable has smashed it with gear changes. Copped some interference last start, better barrier, it's in the finish for mine. Warraside Fairy (5) and Helpeny (6) will be rank outsiders. No thanks. Just Kauto (7) has a second in a trial behind the brilliant No Joy, which won well at Strath on Sunday over 1200m. Hoping this means the bookies overrate it, as it was fading to the line under the whip over the 1000m, so it doesn't need more ground here in my mind. Kissable Eight (8) and Martinique (9) have the two widest barriers. I like both of these two be right there in the finish. Kissable Eight needs a decent cart into the race from the wide barrier, while Martinique will work home from anywhere.

3, 9, 4, 8 and 2.

R2) A distance maiden over the 1800m. Business Class (1) closed ok from a wide barrier last start, so the extra 200m suits, same weight. Fit enough to win. Busker's Ballad (2) stayed on well over 1400m. Should lob on the rails again, so a similar run but lacks a turn of foot. Fox By Zerprise (3), John's Last Song (4) and Philton (6) all have early speed but that's about it. Blue Balloons (7) stuck on well over 1700m when three wide. Has a better barrier draw and same weight. Lace The Lady (5) worked home with Business Class. Similar draw, did its best work late and could be finishing off. Notre Temps (8) didn't show me enough last week to think 1800m is a good thing. Resista (10) is back in grade, proven place getter in tougher affairs at 1600m+, gets good gate but lacks excuses from five gun rides this campaign. Becoming expensive to follow. Texas Lil (11) is drawn wide, hasn't shown much although back in grade.

10, 7, 1, 5 and 2.

R3) BM56 over 1800m. Didn't mind the run of Grand Armada (1) on Sunday from a wide gate, did a tonne of work. Huge engine, wide barrier again, can be in the place getters. Unscopeable (2) has been a bit unlucky this campaign but gets the inside barrier, will have the run of the race. Weight the query. Hidatsa (3) is on the short backup and up in grade after disappointing on Wednesday. Hoff's Off (4) was good at Penola over 1700m, will get the distance and probably track the leaders from gate eight. Tommy Gun (5) is in with a winning hope and back to his preferred distance range. Hurricanes (6) has had plenty of chances this campaign, not quite getting into the money. Drop back in class for Sweet Kaiser (7) but this still looks too hard. The run of Conquer The Moment (8) at Wycheproof over the 1800m was solid enough to consider it for the minors. No thanks for He's A Valley Boy (10) despite the name, or Golden Rule (11) despite drop in grade.

2, 4, 5, 1, and 8.

R4) Maiden over 1200m. Doug's Journey (1) drawn too wide to figure. Fever (2) has shown sporadic signs over this grade, off a long spell, outside hope. It's Mystic (3) will be looking for the front again from a wide gate, back in distance. Prince Monarch (4) has shown best form second up, on softer ground, so if we get a soft track, all those stars align somewhat. Scare Campaign (5) once again gets a good gate and worked home for third place a mile off the leader last start. Can be in the finish again here. Smoke (6) is an unsighted first starter for the Ryan Balfour stable. Wedgebrook (7) is an outside place hope, Equimoore (8) has been honest without getting into the places, unsuited by wide gate but should find this easier. Super (9) comes from a wide gate and will settle back, suits its racing pattern and back in class. Miss Ebony Rose (10) is better than its last start, should lob behind the leaders from a good gate and generally sticks on from there. Minor place hope. Hard to get enthused about One O'Clock Rock (11) and the trial form of Ipotane (12) is uninspiring. Sizzkye (12) again draws to the inside and is back in class. Didn't show enough on debut for mine. Difficult race.

3, 9, 6, 5 and 10.

Race 5) BM64 over 1100m. You have to respect the work rate of topweight Iconic (1), carries a huge weight, up in class but can be in the finish after a good win last start over this trip at Penola. Just A Bigger Dash (2) gets some weight relief with Kenny Lau on board. Back in class, should be thereabouts amongst this lot. Don’t think Geordie’s Second (3) is up to this off the short backup. My Lesson (4) doesn’t appeal strongly but Jason Holder will give it every chance. Good soft track record too. Has been pressing forward and fading lately. Vahana (5) will be pressing forward, has a good first up record although up in weight too. Can match it with this class. Distance the question mark. Anamesis (6) draws fairly, also right in this race given distance record and found trouble in two recent starts in town. Shark Mirage (7) is consistent enough to include in your numbers. Amative (8) often tries to lead but fades late in the run. Maybe outclassed again here but can hang on for top four finish. Pandeia (9) can also be in the finish if it can get near the front from a wide draw.

2, 5, 6, 1 and 7.

Race 6) BM80 over 1800m. Sizzling Bullet (1) is a class runner and forgive the last start, following a good second in the Gawler Cup. Sting out of the ground suits. Weight a query. Excites Zelady (2) is also likely to be in the finish. Really liking the consistency from Aagas (3). Distance and track conditions suit. With Oh So Unfair (4) on its inside, these two will be ones to watch. Chu Chu Charlie (5) will see out the distance. Been racing well at regionals without the wins. Exalted Honey (6) may find this too difficult but weight relief from Sophie Logan is a plus. Springfield Lew (7) will look to lead, stays ok and fitter for two recent runs. Big Boy Blev (8) finished off the mile ok at Strath, gets some weight relief but this is a step up. Svetlana’s Arrow (9) not going well enough this campaign.

4, 1, 3, 2 and 7.

Race 7) BM54 over 1200m. Bwuva (1) should be scratched, not enthused by the form of King Red (7), while Shall We Hope (3) has drawn the car park, makes it hard to win from there. Not fully convinced Coco Gabrielle (4) can figure from gate 11. Hurricane Sonny (5) has a good barrier draw and motored home last start. Same class, should be a big improver. In The Fast Lane (6) also takes form from that race as a narrowly beaten favourite. Wide draw will make it tough. Archway To Heaven (7) also has to overcome this issue and will be looking for the front. Let’s Tango (8) has good form this track and distance, winning over the trip from gate 9 earlier this year. Hasn’t missed the places from three starts here either. Up and down lately. Lonberg (9) steps up in grade but drawn well and has been honest when given a fair go. If it finds the front, it sticks on. Gold Maestro (10) hasn’t got a great first up record and will need this run before finding its best. Social Lane (11) tends to prefer firm ground. Kapinette (14), Dapper After Dark (15) and Righteous Ruler (16) don’t appeal.

5, 6, 9, 8 and 7.

Cheers mate, pub crawl through town on Sunday...I'll be checking in! :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Haha. We'll see what happens when the prices come out. I'm always interested to see the markets.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Into $1.45
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:14 pm

OnSong wrote:Haha. We'll see what happens when the prices come out. I'm always interested to see the markets.

I'll be having $20 on the beak in each race Sunday. Had $50 on each race at Strath last week on OnSong's tips and came out in front.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Corona Man » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:26 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Into $1.45

It’s got the drifts.... out to $1.50!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Into $1.45

It’s got the drifts.... out to $1.50!

Bang into $1.40
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
OnSong wrote:Haha. We'll see what happens when the prices come out. I'm always interested to see the markets.

I'll be having $20 on the beak in each race Sunday. Had $50 on each race at Strath last week on OnSong's tips and came out in front.

Noice!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room