Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:14 am

Hypnothaized - Henley Beach Road, Henley Beach

Opposite the Henley High school in that little row of shops, went along for Mrs Boon's work Xmas dinner. Nice little place, good atmosphere, no Thai people working the floor but they were Thai people in the kitchen.

7pm booking for 14, table was set and ready to go, no spare tables in the place at that time.

Started taking the orders at our end of the table with a whisper from the waitress "We've only got 5 serves of satay's left so if you want some order them quick!". Hmm. Only 5 serves of satay at 7:30 Saturday night when you've got a table of 14 booked? Sure.

Mrs Boon went the satays, I went the scallops. Satays say serve of 3, as per usual, ours arrive with 4 "You got an extra one" the waitress says. Hmm. Scallops topped with a chilli jam that was outstanding, 4 big scallops, cooked perfectly with a satay from the Mrs plate, perfect start to the meal.

I went for Chilli and Garlic prawns for mains, Mrs with Basil chicken and shared a steamed rice. Prawns were top notch, 8 good sized prawns in a chilli, garlic broth with plenty of veggies. Mrs enjoyed the basil chicken to the point of nearly licking the plate clean.

I knocked down 4 pales as we had a driver, she knocked over a bottle of Rose. Total was $105 for the two of us.

Now, we had to get away early as our friends who gave us a lift needed to pick their youngest daughter up, I went up to pay our portion of the bill, I'd added it up to be $103.50, said to the lady at the counter "Make it $105"

"Oh, we don't do split bills". :shock: "That's ok, I'll just pay my share, I can tell you what we had"

"I'm sure you can" :shock: "Well, it's $103.50 but call it $105" as I hand over the card.

"We don't really do split bills" :lol: "Well, how would you like me to pay? I'm shit at doing dishes and cleaning so that's out of the question"

*Huff puff* "I guess I can add up what you had but we don't normally split bills" :lol: "I know what I had, it's $103.50 but let's call it $105 and we'll be right"

"Hang on, I'll get a calculator"

Food - 9/10 fantastic, good portion sizes, everyone at the table enjoyed theirs, except for the guy who asked for his 4 fish curry to be extra hot, hey pal, you asked for it, you got it!
Atmosphere - 8.5/10, little bit crowded in a smallish place and one wall is a long bench seat, I hate being stuck on a seat with people either side of me.
Value - 9/10, you get what you pay for, would have been about $55 for the meals without the drinks and the food was excellent.
Service - 7/10, poor form at the end of the night by the lady at the counter, she surely encounters that more often than she appeared to have experience with and having run out of satay's at 7pm on a Saturday night is a bit odd.

Am I likely to return? Yes, for sure, if you like your Thai food I suggest you give it a go too.

Overall - 8.375/10
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am

And after her calculations, what did it the total arrive at?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:24 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And after her calculations, what did it the total arrive at?

$103.50, please.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am

Booney wrote:Hypnothaized - Henley Beach Road, Henley Beach

Opposite the Henley High school in that little row of shops, went along for Mrs Boon's work Xmas dinner. Nice little place, good atmosphere, no Thai people working the floor but they were Thai people in the kitchen.

7pm booking for 14, table was set and ready to go, no spare tables in the place at that time.

Started taking the orders at our end of the table with a whisper from the waitress "We've only got 5 serves of satay's left so if you want some order them quick!". Hmm. Only 5 serves of satay at 7:30 Saturday night when you've got a table of 14 booked? Sure.

Mrs Boon went the satays, I went the scallops. Satays say serve of 3, as per usual, ours arrive with 4 "You got an extra one" the waitress says. Hmm. Scallops topped with a chilli jam that was outstanding, 4 big scallops, cooked perfectly with a satay from the Mrs plate, perfect start to the meal.

I went for Chilli and Garlic prawns for mains, Mrs with Basil chicken and shared a steamed rice. Prawns were top notch, 8 good sized prawns in a chilli, garlic broth with plenty of veggies. Mrs enjoyed the basil chicken to the point of nearly licking the plate clean.

I knocked down 4 pales as we had a driver, she knocked over a bottle of Rose. Total was $105 for the two of us.

Now, we had to get away early as our friends who gave us a lift needed to pick their youngest daughter up, I went up to pay our portion of the bill, I'd added it up to be $103.50, said to the lady at the counter "Make it $105"

"Oh, we don't do split bills". :shock: "That's ok, I'll just pay my share, I can tell you what we had"

"I'm sure you can" :shock: "Well, it's $103.50 but call it $105" as I hand over the card.

"We don't really do split bills" :lol: "Well, how would you like me to pay? I'm shit at doing dishes and cleaning so that's out of the question"

*Huff puff* "I guess I can add up what you had but we don't normally split bills" :lol: "I know what I had, it's $103.50 but let's call it $105 and we'll be right"

"Hang on, I'll get a calculator"

Food - 9/10 fantastic, good portion sizes, everyone at the table enjoyed theirs, except for the guy who asked for his 4 fish curry to be extra hot, hey pal, you asked for it, you got it!
Atmosphere - 8.5/10, little bit crowded in a smallish place and one wall is a long bench seat, I hate being stuck on a seat with people either side of me.
Value - 9/10, you get what you pay for, would have been about $55 for the meals without the drinks and the food was excellent.
Service - 7/10, poor form at the end of the night by the lady at the counter, she surely encounters that more often than she appeared to have experience with and having run out of satay's at 7pm on a Saturday night is a bit odd.

Am I likely to return? Yes, for sure, if you like your Thai food I suggest you give it a go too.

Overall - 8.375/10

Just make it 8.5 :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Were you the lady at the counter?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Were you the lady at the counter?

If she was, I don't think Boon would be splitting that bill.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Just make it 8.5 :lol:

If and when they earn an 8.5 I'll give it to them. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Booney wrote:

I'd like you to go to BBQ City on Gouger Street and do a review. I would be very interested to see the score.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Spargo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

I'd like you to go to BBQ City on Gouger Street and do a review. I would be very interested to see the score.

How do you find the service there?
I’ve never been but know people who have, worst they’ve ever come across. Plenty of poor reviews online too.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5455 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Spargo wrote:
I’ve never been but know people who have, worst they’ve ever come across. Plenty of poor reviews online too.

We should set up a forum dinner there, one stipulation though, make sure it's immediately after the forum piss up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Service there has been fine most of the time. They can be a bit slack at times. The food is awesome though so I don't give a shit about the service if the food is awesome. I went a few weeks ago and they put us on a table as soon as we walked in, ordered drinks and dinner straight away and the food was on the table in 10 minutes. I love the joint.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Stayed at the Intercontinental after an event a few weeks ago and the breakfast buffet is as good as any I have ever been too. They will cook you anything you want on top of the endless selection of all things breakfast. I reckon I went about 8 sheets deep of smoked salmon. As close to a 10/10 for food, service and variety at a breakfast as I have had.

Got Sean’s kitchen for our Xmas show next week and looking forward to see if it lives up to the hype
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:[quote="Footy Chick"]

Service there has been fine most of the time. They can be a bit slack at times. The food is awesome though so I don't give a shit about the service if the food is awesome. I went a few weeks ago and they put us on a table as soon as we walked in, ordered drinks and dinner straight away and the food was on the table in 10 minutes. I love the joint.[/quote]
Concur.
I’m a regular there and love it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Ding Hao, Gouger St.

Ding Hao must be Chinese for shit service.

Review to follow.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Booney wrote:Ding Hao, Gouger St.

Review to follow.

Uh ow...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5455 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Spargo wrote:

Review to follow.

Uh ow...

Hour and a half after ordering, canceled our order.

Beer now. Review later.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 am

Review to follow.

Should have went to BBQ City bloke.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:41 am

Bum Crack wrote:

Review to follow.

Somebody else organised the night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:52 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Review to follow.

Somebody else organised the night.

I'm waiting for this review
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 am

Ding Hao, mother ****. Well, what was that?

Table of 10, booked for 7pm, we arrive ( 4 of us ) at 7 on the dot, nobody else there.

Order 2 pales, 2 bourbon and cokes, over the next 15-20 minutes the rest of the group arrives, 7:20 and no drinks. Ask where they are, get them at 7:30. Half an hour for a beer. Bad signs.

At 7:30 everyone orders, most people have entree's, I tell him to bring them all out first, the people without entree's were happy to wait.

Mrs Boon and I share a chicken satay and shallot pancake entree, she goes chicken in cashew for mains, I went sweet and sour pork, shared steam rice.

7:50 and the satays arrive with the steam rice. Nobody else gets anything.

8:10 Mrs Boon gets her mains, others still waiting for entree's.

8:30 I order another beer and ask where the shallot pancakes are, at this time ( 1 hour from ordering ) some people at the table had got mains, some still hadn't got a drink from the 7:30 order and some were still waiting on their entree's.

9:00 my beer comes along, I ask where my mains are, have given up on the shallot pancakes, "Not far away" they say.

1 1/2 hours after ordering of the 6 people who ordered entree's 4 of them had got them. Of the 10 people who ordered mains 8 had got them.

I call the young bloke over, tell him to cancel my order I'm over it, mate next to me who hadn't got his entree or main 90 minutes on told them to stick it too.

I went to the counter with the intention of paying for 1 bourbon and coke and 2 beers, the chick tries to sting me with all my meal, bullshit to that. I said I'm paying for 3 drinks, 1 chicken satay and 1 chicken in cashew. "No, you have pancake, pork and rice" "Be ****** I did". Spent 15 minutes arguing with her, eventually won.

Went to 55ml bar ( in Mill St ) for a few ales ( good little spot ) and got HJ's on the way home bumming a lift from mates.

Ding Hao, get ******.

No rating, on the banned list.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion