Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 am

Booney wrote:If Kelly doesn't get his pre-selection guaranteed and crosses as an independent that's enough to tip the Libs out, isn't it?

Merry Xmas, #scomo
He would have to then agree to coincidence and supply to the current government or they will be in strife.

I would assume he would.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:43 am

Q. wrote:
Psyber wrote:Batteries are not the solution - dead lithium batteries are already piling up to be buried because nobody recycles them as it cost 3x as much to recycle as it does to produce new from raw materials.

Given current renewable penetration (and long term prediction of) there isn't a need for mass storage. Yesterday Australia's main energy grid reached 40% renewables.

I don't think we can even contemplate what battery storage will have evolved to look like in a couple of decades, the technology is now advancing at such a rapid rate. In a couple of years, household solar packages will be a fraction of the cost of what they were five years ago.
Nice and cool 22 degree day in SA. Wind was up and it energy on the spot .asked was about $7 per MWHr.

That is not the norm at all. There is still an issue and you'll see it this summer when it's not throughout the country and there's no wind.

I'll post here and tag you in oln some of the spot prices during this period.
stan
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:58 pm

stan wrote:
Q. wrote:
Psyber wrote:Batteries are not the solution - dead lithium batteries are already piling up to be buried because nobody recycles them as it cost 3x as much to recycle as it does to produce new from raw materials.

Given current renewable penetration (and long term prediction of) there isn't a need for mass storage. Yesterday Australia's main energy grid reached 40% renewables.

I don't think we can even contemplate what battery storage will have evolved to look like in a couple of decades, the technology is now advancing at such a rapid rate. In a couple of years, household solar packages will be a fraction of the cost of what they were five years ago.
Nice and cool 22 degree day in SA. Wind was up and it energy on the spot .asked was about $7 per MWHr.

That is not the norm at all. There is still an issue and you'll see it this summer when it's not throughout the country and there's no wind.

I'm aware of the spot pricing argument - when the wind is not blowing, consumers are exposed to the full effects of an uncompetitive market.

Without renewables, consumers would be exposed to high prices in an uncompetitive market for more of the time, and thus face higher average prices, not lower ones.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:
Q. wrote:

I'm aware of the spot pricing argument - when the wind is not blowing, consumers are exposed to the full effects of an uncompetitive market.

Without renewables, consumers would be exposed to high prices in an uncompetitive market for more of the time, and thus face higher average prices, not lower ones.
Really? Not sure you are by your normal stance.

Also I'm not providing an argument for you. I have just offered to provide some facts for you.

That's it mate. Take it for what it is.
stan
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:00 pm

stan wrote:
Q. wrote:
stan wrote:
Q. wrote:[quote="Psyber"]Batteries are not the solution - dead lithium batteries are already piling up to be buried because nobody recycles them as it cost 3x as much to recycle as it does to produce new from raw materials.

Also I'm not providing an argument for you. I have just offered to provide some facts for you.

That's it mate. Take it for what it is.[/quote]Those are the facts.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby stan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:
Q. wrote:
stan wrote:[quote="Q."][quote="Psyber"]Batteries are not the solution - dead lithium batteries are already piling up to be buried because nobody recycles them as it cost 3x as much to recycle as it does to produce new from raw materials.

That's it mate. Take it for what it is.[/quote]Those are the facts.[/quote]Let's shelve that for the minute. Someone needs to watch this current **** in Canberra.

ScoMo is currently trying to get the party t ol change the rules about leadership challenges lol.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 pm

I wonder who has the numbers against him for a spill?
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 pm

2/3 of party room required for a spill. Not sure of the details but I think it comes into effect after the next election. So ScMo might still be under fire.
stan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 am

What a debacle the state of politics is, when ALP and Libs have to resort to such rules
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:11 am

So both major parties have mechanisms in place to avoid leadership spills. Great. Looks like its Scomo v Billyboy for the next election. I reckon Albanese is the best option for PM.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 am

The only way Shorten is still LOO is because of the Labor Party rule
Nick Cummins would beat him for preferred PM
So the system works
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby shoe boy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:39 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What a debacle the state of politics is, when ALP and Libs have to resort to such rules

Dont compare the rabble Liberal/National with the ALP .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:41 pm

shoe boy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:What a debacle the state of politics is, when ALP and Libs have to resort to such rules

Why not?
Both as bad as eachother.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:25 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Why not?
Both as bad as each other.

Yeah, but only when in government
They all work well together when they need to get their noses back in the trough
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby shoe boy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:30 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Why not?

Do you live under a rock?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:32 pm

shoe boy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Why not?

Do you live under a rock?
Yep, and its a shame the next PM should be in jail for being a corrupt union official!

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Dont compare the rabble Liberal/National with the ALP .[/quote]Why not?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Do you live under a rock?[/quote]Yep, and its a shame the next PM should be in jail for being a corrupt union official!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]

OH Please! now your showing your true colors B-)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:01 pm

My true colours??
I Vote Labor.
I'm in a Union.

But **** me, I dont wear the rose coloured glasses that have Labor as Gods and Libs as the Devils...
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:56 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:My true colours??
I Vote Labor.
I'm in a Union.

But **** me, I dont wear the rose coloured glasses that have Labor as Gods and Libs as the Devils...

Really ,
Your a union man ? you call Bill corrupt ? You do recall the Royal Commission into unions called by the Abbott Coalition government that scrutinized Shorten and found nothing.

I am proud union man and would stand shoulder to shoulder with Shorten .
And your a Labor Man ? No one has called Labor Gods or Libs Devils BUT unless you live under a rock surely you would say this coalition Liberal/National Government a farce at best .

We need more Labor Union men like you 8-}
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 am

shoe boy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:My true colours??
I Vote Labor.
I'm in a Union.

Really ,
Your a union man ? you call Bill corrupt ? You do recall the Royal Commission into unions called by the Abbott Coalition government that scrutinized Shorten and found nothing.

I am proud union man and would stand shoulder to shoulder with Shorten .
And your a Labor Man ? No one has called Labor Gods or Libs Devils BUT unless you live under a rock surely you would say this coalition Liberal/National Government a farce at best .

We need more Labor Union men like you 8-}
The farce if this government is no worse than the debacle that was Rudd/Gillard/Rudd.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics