ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby bloods08 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 am

helicopterking wrote:Does anyone know when the finals of the T20 comp will start? Is it a Tuesday?

First round will be sat 5th jan then they move to tues nights. Not sure of dates yet
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 am

bloods08 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Does anyone know when the finals of the T20 comp will start? Is it a Tuesday?

First round will be sat 5th jan then they move to tues nights. Not sure of dates yet

any performances worth noting from around the grounds last night?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:13 am

Anyone know who won between Old Iggies and Brahma Lodge in the Div 2 game last night?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:05 pm

What's the point of having fielding restrictions in ATCA T20 games if umpires are not going to enforce? In fact, blatantly ignore.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:What's the point of having fielding restrictions in ATCA T20 games if umpires are not going to enforce? In fact, blatantly ignore.
They knew the rules in the game I played....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Groover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Trader wrote:Anyone know who won between Old Iggies and Brahma Lodge in the Div 2 game last night?

Old iggies very convincingly
142 vs 80odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:07 pm

heater31 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:What's the point of having fielding restrictions in ATCA T20 games if umpires are not going to enforce? In fact, blatantly ignore.

In the game I watched there would have been half a dozen deliveries where the fielding side had one too many fielders outside the 30 yard circle i.e. on the boundary. Despite this being drawn to the attention of the umpire, by the batsmen, no action was taken. My understanding is that a no ball should be called if the fielding team has too many fielders outside the 30 yard circle. Also, there was an instance where a ball bowled down leg side was not called a wide. It was close to leg stump, but outside, so a wide. Maybe the umpires could do a refresher on T20 rules before they umpire these games.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
heater31 wrote:

In the game I watched there would have been half a dozen deliveries where the fielding side had one too many fielders outside the 30 yard circle i.e. on the boundary. Despite this being drawn to the attention of the umpire, by the batsmen, no action was taken. My understanding is that a no ball should be called if the fielding team has too many fielders outside the 30 yard circle. Also, there was an instance where a ball bowled down leg side was not called a wide. It was close to leg stump, but outside, so a wide. Maybe the umpires could do a refresher on T20 rules before they umpire these games.

I know it shouldn’t matter but was it 2 a grade sides?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
heater31 wrote:

I know it shouldn’t matter but was it 2 a grade sides?

2 A grade sides
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 am

Reynella run Down Scotch 2/172 on last ball.
Fox 2 overs, 18 wides.
Scotch 39 extras.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Harry49 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:42 am

Not sure which game you are talking about SMG, but I have a feeling it was in the Para Hills v Ingle Farm game where admittedly we had 2 balls (I think) in I think the 7th over where we had 4 on the boundary instead of 3. Once I realised I alerted Trav and he brought one in. The umpires certainly weren't switched on in our game. Ingle Farm did this on one occasion also. You could see a bloke sprinting in off the boundary before the ball was bowled and they never got penalised. Also getting called for 4 wides when it clearly comes off a blokes shoe
If the leg side wide you are referring to was against Sharma, he took a step to the leg side and then moved out the way of the ball. This certainly wasn't a wide and was one of a few they adjudicated correctly.
Also, Ingle Farm taking 10 minutes longer than the 1hr 10 mins allocated and not penalised. Wouldn't have mattered anyway as they won fairly comfortably but agreed that the umpires definitely need a refresher. The standard of umpiring has certainly dropped over the last few seasons.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Harry49 wrote:Not sure which game you are talking about SMG, but I have a feeling it was in the Para Hills v Ingle Farm game where admittedly we had 2 balls (I think) in I think the 7th over where we had 4 on the boundary instead of 3. Once I realised I alerted Trav and he brought one in. The umpires certainly weren't switched on in our game. Ingle Farm did this on one occasion also. You could see a bloke sprinting in off the boundary before the ball was bowled and they never got penalised. Also getting called for 4 wides when it clearly comes off a blokes shoe
If the leg side wide you are referring to was against Sharma, he took a step to the leg side and then moved out the way of the ball. This certainly wasn't a wide and was one of a few they adjudicated correctly.
Also, Ingle Farm taking 10 minutes longer than the 1hr 10 mins allocated and not penalised. Wouldn't have mattered anyway as they won fairly comfortably but agreed that the umpires definitely need a refresher. The standard of umpiring has certainly dropped over the last few seasons.

Yes, that was the game. I thought any ball outside leg is a wide, even if the batsman is standing on his head. Either way I think we agree there were aspects of the game that the umpires could have managed better. I spoke to one of the umpires after the game and he asked me what my understanding was of the time limit rule. If they are not sure, refer to the bylaw book, it's there in black and white and pretty unambiguous. Better still have a quick read before umpiring a T20 game as a refresher ..... it's only 2 pages.
Last edited by Senor Moto Gadili on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Rain around next weekend.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm

helicopterking wrote:Rain around next weekend.

0-2mm shouldn't be too much of a concern i wouldn't think
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Saying 15mls on Friday which is more the issue.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Thursday is the issue.
If it pisses down and no sun Friday, we done.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

Thursday is the issue.
If it pisses down and no sun Friday, we done.

Forecast looks a little grim at the moment.
0-2mm Wednesday
5-10mm Thursday
6-15mm Friday
1-5mm Saturday
Let's see what happens
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Prepare your decks on Wednesday morning and get the covers down by mid-afternoon. Hope like hell saturday's forecast clears up a little and you'll be good to go.

Not many clubs have covers though.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:18 am

Trader wrote:

Which is very poor form by the clubs, every year we seem to be playing less matches and then they complain come finals time about opposition supporters bringing their own drinks.....

Not hard to apply for Recreation and Sport office grants.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:48 am

Trader wrote:Prepare your decks on Wednesday morning and get the covers down by mid-afternoon. Hope like hell saturday's forecast clears up a little and you'll be good to go.

I agree, teams with covers will, but ATCA will call off week 1 before Saturday regardless.
helicopterking
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps