INS and OUTS for 2019

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Postby Information HWY » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 am

vics01 wrote:
The SANFL want 1 in 4 board members to be female now and 4 in 10 in the near future. For Westies to have 1 in 10 is why they've been asked to diversify.

Why? What difference wil more woman make? Generally when you have woman involved it becomes more complicated.. PC Crap

Wow. Welcome to the 1800's...

It's widely known and countless studies have supported the fact that having gender balance on a corporate/community board leads to better decision making processes and better outcomes for respective organisations (SOURCE: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-17/ ... ey/8809222)

ALL SANFL Clubs should be transitioning towards having Board Director gender equity - the Victorians enforced it in law for sporting bodies (SOURCE: https://vicsport.com.au/board-quotas). It just makes sense in 2018.
Information HWY
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 am

Centrals have signed Powers reserves top up player Michael Ortiz

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/football ... fl-players
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby knowledge » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:48 am

Information HWY wrote:
vics01 wrote:
The SANFL want 1 in 4 board members to be female now and 4 in 10 in the near future. For Westies to have 1 in 10 is why they've been asked to diversify.

Why? What difference wil more woman make? Generally when you have woman involved it becomes more complicated.. PC Crap

It's widely known and countless studies have supported the fact that having gender balance on a corporate/community board leads to better decision making processes and better outcomes for respective organisations (SOURCE: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-17/ ... ey/8809222)

ALL SANFL Clubs should be transitioning towards having Board Director gender equity - the Victorians enforced it in law for sporting bodies (SOURCE: https://vicsport.com.au/board-quotas). It just makes sense in 2018.

While I agree with your sentiment and the concept of equity, in reality, we’re not provided with leadership from the top (e.g governments) It’s all very well for governments to enshrine gender equity in law, however, when you have political parties dumping pre-selected women in favour of factional expediency and Prime Ministerial ‘comfort’, it hardly provides a great example for the rest of us. What is good for the goose, is not always good for the gander.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby Grenville » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 am

UK Fan wrote:Centrals have signed Powers reserves top up player Michael Ortiz

Is that the little bloke who played well at Alberton this year against us and kicked a couple of goals ?
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 am

Grenville wrote:

Is that the little bloke who played well at Alberton this year against us and kicked a couple of goals ?

A very good pickup - he kicked 5 goals in the 2017 Under 18 Grand Final.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby goddy11 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

The WWTFC is pleased to announce the signing of another Tasmanian product, 18 year old Jamieson House.
Jamieson, from Wynyard, spent the 2018 season at the Launceston Football Club under the guidance of new Eagles coach Sam Lonergan. He was also a member of the Tasmanian State Under 18's side. Jamieson joined his new teammates for pre-season on Monday and will be in Adelaide for the next two weeks before heading back to Wynyard to prepare to relocate to Adelaide in the new year.
On Jamieson’s signing Senior Coach Sam Lonergan said, “We’re excited to have Jamieson at the Club. He’s a fantastic young man with strong team and personal values. I’m proud to see Jamieson join us from far northwest Tasmania to continue growing and challenging himself as a person and footballer.”
Please join us in welcoming Jamieson to the Club.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby wild dog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
Grenville wrote:

A very good pickup - he kicked 5 goals in the 2017 Under 18 Grand Final.
Cheers

Yes he is a good pick up. Played well against us at Alberton, has a stack of pace, big motor and is strong. Hope Centrals have enough 50kg plates. Dont believe the stats listed on the Port page, he is taller and heavier than indicated.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Mr Fuller » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Information HWY wrote:
vics01 wrote:

That is an incredibly simplistic viewpoint and a long bow to draw that diversity was the main reason for the success of the companies concerned when there are so many factors at play.

Furthermore, the article you quote itself says ‘That is not to say that having more women on a company board guarantees a higher stock price, but it does highlight the case for diversity.’ i.e. it highlights a case…….consideration. It doesn’t mean that you rush out and implement it at all costs.

What if the female candidates that are interested to join the Board are clearly inferior to the men on virtually every metric aside from their gender? Do you really think there club will be more successful? Should they be appointed.

No one is arguing against equity, but rather this equity is based on ability not gender. And that works both ways.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Brett » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Well written. This gender driven female issue is gone mad. Its not a new phenomenon though as its been going on for a decade or more. All the sudden the AFL introduced a Female Football League and states followed ( as good kids do) . The standard is not great at all. Then we had to have female commentators . Sorry but they are as bad as some male ones . I thought Sam Lane on comments was good but my point is with the sudden influx was stupid . I am very balanced on this . I wont watch or listen to Andy Maher as he is woeful , so its about quality. Its not about gender. I think the best Kindy teachers and early Primary School teachers are Female. I reckon Females are way better at certain jobs than males. That is just how it goes.
We are all different , cant we just accept that ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Information HWY » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 am

Brett wrote:Well written. This gender driven female issue is gone mad. Its not a new phenomenon though as its been going on for a decade or more. All the sudden the AFL introduced a Female Football League and states followed ( as good kids do) . The standard is not great at all. Then we had to have female commentators . Sorry but they are as bad as some male ones . I thought Sam Lane on comments was good but my point is with the sudden influx was stupid . I am very balanced on this . I wont watch or listen to Andy Maher as he is woeful , so its about quality. Its not about gender. I think the best Kindy teachers and early Primary School teachers are Female. I reckon Females are way better at certain jobs than males. That is just how it goes.
We are all different , cant we just accept that ?

Is that you Tony Abbott...? Anyway, back to football...

I'd like to see my Club's board (CDFC) have both equality and equity - both are possible funnily enough!
Information HWY
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 am

Brett wrote:
Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:With 10 people on the board (and 1 female) there's no wonder the down sizing and diversifying requirements were put forward.

Interesting times for all involved.

Seems from the outside though there's machinations to unfold yet.

Is the female not classified as a person Boon

I havent heard that ?

"The current board composition does not align with the SANFL Equal Goals Pathway Program targets of 25% female representation on the Board as an interim goal towards the target of 40% female representation by 2021"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:14 am

Grenville wrote:

It is, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am

Maybe we should start a SANFL Politics section of the site so this crap can be discussed elsewhere.

This crap and the never ending thread can be moved there for a start
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:32 pm

CDFC recruit Jonathan Marsh a 21year old ruck from the NEAFL
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby StrayDog » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Maybe we should start a SANFL Politics section of the site so this crap can be discussed elsewhere.

This crap and the never ending thread can be moved there for a start

Not sure about a new section, but on this "In and Outs" thread, can't disagree about the relevance of "this crap". Perhaps, likewise, the locality of "the never ending thread" is probably best raised on that particular thread.

Sorry folks, play on.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby StrayDog » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Dogs64 wrote:CDFC recruit Jonathan Marsh a 21year old ruck from the NEAFL

Ex Collingwood?
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:38 pm

StrayDog wrote:

Ex Collingwood?

That’s a good pick up
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 pm

StrayDog wrote:

Ex Collingwood?

I was going to say ex Sydney or Brisbane but not sure?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby therisingblues » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Side tracks are always an ever-present, lingering enterprise, that is a natural symptom of the synergy created through discussion. Like Billy Connolly telling a story, the side tracks often add to the overall enjoyment IMO.
I have no studies to support this supposition that diversions are more enjoyable than not, but it is sort of interesting to see which posters come up in support of a random issue or against it, and in a small pond like SA Footy, I don't think our community is large enough to do much harm.
On the other hand, I can understand that offtrack discussion can get in the way of finding the stuff that reflects the thread title.
It would be a great innovation if the Mods were able to shade off topic posts a different colour, so that purists could skip them? For example, this post would be shaded light-blue under such a model, so posters could quickly identify it as full of unrelated sh1t, and they could scroll down until they reached an unshaded post, without having blemished their eyes with the sort of crap that side trackers post.
We could call these Mods, "Sh1t Screeners", and when approached by a prospective intimate in a night club, they could include this as part of their smooth repertoire, guaranteeing at least second base.
I see a bright future for Sh1t Screeners in our Changing Global World, and I think at least 40% of them should be women.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Brodlach wrote:
StrayDog wrote:

Ex Collingwood?

That’s a good pick up

The one that was at Collingwood is 23 now so not sure if the same one. He is brother of Harry at Sydney
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL