2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Was he the one dropped at short leg early on?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 am

After losing the toss in Adelaide on 39 degree day you would take 9/250. There was definitely something in the pitch early for the quicks but it did seem to flatten a bit later in the day.

The Indians didn't help themselves with some terrible shots early. Sharma found a way to get himself out for example.

Hopefully the pitch has flatten out nicely for our top order.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:53 am

stan wrote:After losing the toss in Adelaide on 39 degree day you would take 9/250. There was definitely something in the pitch early for the quicks but it did seem to flatten a bit later in the day.

The Indians didn't help themselves with some terrible shots early. Sharma found a way to get himself out for example.

Wouldnt be judging the pitch until our hacks have batted on it. Do we have anyone that can play a Pujara innings? Khawaja and Marsh the two most likely but im picking Handscombe to be the top scorer for the Aussies, I think we will have a lead of about 50 after the 1st innings
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 am

daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:After losing the toss in Adelaide on 39 degree day you would take 9/250. There was definitely something in the pitch early for the quicks but it did seem to flatten a bit later in the day.

Wouldnt be judging the pitch until our hacks have batted on it. Do we have anyone that can play a Pujara innings? Khawaja and Marsh the two most likely but im picking Handscombe to be the top scorer for the Aussies, I think we will have a lead of about 50 after the 1st innings
Essentially that's what I think as well. I am concerned they have made too many runs already.

Which is bloody sad on an Adelaide oval deck that 250 is too many.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Grenville » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:45 am

Armchair expert wrote:Was he the one dropped at short leg early on?

Yep, Handscombe missed one he should have taken. Didn't stay low enough.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am

Australia do it every time. When they get a team on the ropes (6/127) they take their foot of their throats and let the other teams back in. How is it that when other teams have us against the ropes they rip us apart with no mercy (Remember the Ashes when we were bowled out for 60?). It just makes me wonder the mentality of some of the blokes in that side. Are we ever gonna see Chad Sayers be given a decent crack? We seriously lack a seam / swing bowler. Who cares if he can't get average speeds of 145km + every bowl. He has good movement and variation.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:28 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Australia do it every time. When they get a team on the ropes (6/127) they take their foot of their throats and let the other teams back in. How is it that when other teams have us against the ropes they rip us apart with no mercy (Remember the Ashes when we were bowled out for 60?). It just makes me wonder the mentality of some of the blokes in that side. Are we ever gonna see Chad Sayers be given a decent crack? We seriously lack a seam / swing bowler. Who cares if he can't get average speeds of 145km + every bowl. He has good movement and variation.

LOL the ship has sailed on Chadd,
We have the best bowling attack in world cricket. Combination of poor batting and good bowling saw them at 6/127 on the Road that is Adelaide Oval. 250 is a massive win for us, a pity our batters probably wont capatalize.
Please give us other examples of "we do it every time"
Perhaps stick to the great insights you give us on AFL, its clear you know nothing about cricket ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:38 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Australia do it every time. When they get a team on the ropes (6/127) they take their foot of their throats and let the other teams back in. How is it that when other teams have us against the ropes they rip us apart with no mercy (Remember the Ashes when we were bowled out for 60?). It just makes me wonder the mentality of some of the blokes in that side. Are we ever gonna see Chad Sayers be given a decent crack? We seriously lack a seam / swing bowler. Who cares if he can't get average speeds of 145km + every bowl. He has good movement and variation.

We have the best bowling attack in world cricket. Combination of poor batting and good bowling saw them at 6/127 on the Road that is Adelaide Oval. 250 is a massive win for us, a pity our batters probably wont capatalize.
Perhaps stick to the great insights you give us on AFL, its clear you know nothing about cricket ;)

It's my opinion on the matter. I don't have time or necessary skills to find all the relevant data to prove it. But I know there has been plenty of time when we have had opposing teams 4 for or 5 for and they have still gone on to make a decent score. 250 is a win for us you say?? Just watch and see how we struggle to reach that target. I think you need to relax bro.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

It's my opinion on the matter. I don't have time or necessary skills to find all the relevant data to prove it. But I know there has been plenty of time when we have had opposing teams 4 for or 5 for and they have still gone on to make a decent score. 250 is a win for us you say?? Just watch and see how we struggle to reach that target. I think you need to relax bro.

If we can’t get to 250 on this deck against their bowling attack we need to pack it all up.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:05 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I think you're not respecting Pujara's innings enough, he really held things together and had some good help from Ashwin. India are a good side and fought back, credit to them for that. It's cricket and you have to accept the opposition will fight back if good enough.

Sayers is injured anyway so he wouldn't of been available for selection regardless. I think our 4 bowlers yesterday showed why they are our best possible bowling attack.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 am

Interesting listening to Ed Cowan at the close of play yesterday. He was talking about the Aussies getting a benefit from India batting this morning and not bowling them out last night. His reasoning is that the pitch will get rolled before play starts and then rolled again after India are dismissed - this will keep the grass down on the pitch for longer and make for more favourable batting conditions.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I think you're not respecting Pujara's innings enough, he really held things together and had some good help from Ashwin. India are a good side and fought back, credit to them for that. It's cricket and you have to accept the opposition will fight back if good enough.

Sayers is injured anyway so he wouldn't of been available for selection regardless. I think our 4 bowlers yesterday showed why they are our best possible bowling attack.

Mate Pujara's innings was suburb. held it together to give them a good score to defend. It's just when Australia is hot we're hot. But when we're not. We are appaling. When we got bowled out for 60 against England a few years back. Where was our fight back. Non existant. We need to be ruthless when we are in the position to do so. Just like other teams are against us.
Last edited by Bombers4EVA on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby valleys07 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 am

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Essentially that's what I think as well. I am concerned they have made too many runs already.

Which is bloody sad on an Adelaide oval deck that 250 is too many.

Combination of the T20 mentality and the effect of drop in pitches. A FI total of 500 will become a rarity.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby valleys07 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Pujara gave me a glimmer of hope that test cricket has a future. Hope that there are batsmen out there that can assess the state of the match/series, assess the conditions and are prepared to give bowlers a session, sometimes two, and cash in when the opportunity presents.

Pujara played the game perfectly yesterday. Understood the pitch offered something for the bowlers for the first 2 sessions, was prepared to grind it out and up the scoring rate in session 3 when the pitch settled and the weather sapped the energy of the Aussie bowling attack.

Brilliant test innings.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:[quote="Bombers4EVA"]Australia do it every time. When they get a team on the ropes (6/127) they take their foot of their throats and let the other teams back in. How is it that when other teams have us against the ropes they rip us apart with no mercy (Remember the Ashes when we were bowled out for 60?). It just makes me wonder the mentality of some of the blokes in that side. Are we ever gonna see Chad Sayers be given a decent crack? We seriously lack a seam / swing bowler. Who cares if he can't get average speeds of 145km + every bowl. He has good movement and variation.

Mate Poojabba's innings was suburb. held it together to give them a good score to defend. It's just when Australia is hot we're hot. But when we're not. We are appaling. When we got bowled out for 60 against England a few years back. Where was our fight back. Non existant. We need to be ruthless when we are in the position to do so. Just like other teams are against us.[/quote]That's in the past so why bring it up? Shit happens and that was was a freakish day that even shocked Stuart Broad, he couldn't believe the luck he had and I think he called it a once in a career spell. The pitch was a green top, suited his bowling and he bowled some unreal deliveries, the ball to get Adam Voges was one of the best balls I've seen. The only real rash shot played was played by Micheal Clarke.

And with all due respect, there's no need for racial slurs on a public website.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 am

Should have declared overnight :D

Time to crack a tin and watch us bat all dayyyyyyyy
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby Grenville » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 am

Armchair expert wrote:Should have declared overnight :D

Fingers crossed.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am

Grenville wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Should have declared overnight :D

Fingers crossed.

Crap stumps flying
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am

Yuk :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am

Let's all sit back now and watch the collapse. And see Kohli lose it when they get a wicket.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket