Advice re next holiday

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Advice re next holiday

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 am

Don't think heat or humidity will be an issue, only up around Cairns for three days, if I'm out of the pool or ocean Ill be in a bar making use of my drinks inclusive package!
After being in Pattaya one June nothing in Australia will ever worry me!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:51 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Not a great time to be doing Nth Qld, but if you are in a/c room most of the trip should be OK!

Disagree, immerse yourself in it. ;)

Immerse yourself into the feeling of nausea due to the extreme heat and humidity whilst sweating your balls off 24/7 ultimately leading to nappy rash after the first 8 hours of your trip. **** that!!!!!!!

:lol:

In Thailand :

Me "I'm going for a piss"

Mate "Yeah, I'm just going to wipe my sweaty arse"

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 am

Wedgie wrote:Don't think heat or humidity will be an issue, only up around Cairns for three days, if I'm out of the pool or ocean Ill be in a bar making use of my drinks inclusive package!
After being in Pattaya one June nothing in Australia will ever worry me!

Cairns in January can be pretty brutal, it's as close to a Thai climate as you'll get. We were there in January '17 and it was harsh, but, as I said, I'm happy to throw myself into it, why not, only live once!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Not a great time to be doing Nth Qld, but if you are in a/c room most of the trip should be OK!

Disagree, immerse yourself in it. ;)

Immerse yourself into the feeling of nausea due to the extreme heat and humidity whilst sweating your balls off 24/7 ultimately leading to nappy rash after the first 8 hours of your trip. **** that!!!!!!!

In Thailand :

Me "I'm going for a piss"

Mate "Yeah, I'm just going to wipe my sweaty arse"

I can't handle humidity. I struggle big time. Makes me feel ill. We are going to Palm Cove in April but apparently that's a pretty nice time to go (well i bloody hope it is)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:42 am

Bum Crack wrote:I can't handle humidity. I struggle big time. Makes me feel ill. We are going to Palm Cove in April but apparently that's a pretty nice time to go (well i bloody hope it is)

Tiger prawns in garlic at Lime and Pepper. :-BD
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:47 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I can't handle humidity. I struggle big time. Makes me feel ill. We are going to Palm Cove in April but apparently that's a pretty nice time to go (well i bloody hope it is)

**** the prawns.....just show up for the scenery [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Booney wrote:

Tiger prawns...blurgh

Kingys or nothing!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:40 am

Heading to China in May and saw last night a pic of a shit house over there and it's one of those one's you need to squat. Surely they're not all like that are they?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 am

Bum Crack wrote:Heading to China in May and saw last night a pic of a shit house over there and it's one of those one's you need to squat. Surely they're not all like that are they?

No.
Hotels will be “normal” and plenty of public toilets in the major tourist areas and big cities will have both types of stalls.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:32 am

Jim05 wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Heading to China in May and saw last night a pic of a shit house over there and it's one of those one's you need to squat. Surely they're not all like that are they?

No.
Hotels will be “normal” and plenty of public toilets in the major tourist areas and big cities will have both types of stalls.

Jim lies, they are all pits mate, get limbering up! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Advice re next holiday

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

No.

Jim lies, they are all pits mate, get limbering up! :lol:

Well they do have foot holes to help you [emoji23]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 am

Nice to be back on solid land today after a couple of days at sea.
Think I've already made up my mind that cruises aren't for me, being on the water doesn't worry me, in fact I love that aspect.
The whole cruise thing just isn't my scene, too regimented. Still got 5 days to change my mind though.
Would much prefer being in Thailand at this stage.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Mrs Boon wafted a 17 night Adelaide > New Zealand > Adelaide cruise under my nose last night, not sure 17 nights is the way to break the duck!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Booney wrote:Mrs Boon wafted a 17 night Adelaide > New Zealand > Adelaide cruise under my nose last night, not sure 17 nights is the way to break the duck!

Yeah, I'm struggling after 2 days.
Tempted to stay in the Whitsundays and fly back to Brissy! :lol:
Only thing stopping me is the inclusive food and drinks that would go to waste.
Mind you, the drinks package is limited to 15 drinks a day, I always hit the limit but luckily have three others that don't so I can scum off them. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 am

Booney wrote:Mrs Boon wafted a 17 night Adelaide > New Zealand > Adelaide cruise under my nose last night, not sure 17 nights is the way to break the duck!

I struggled with 10, got a 9 dayer coming up in March, but on a much nicer ship.

I couldn't imagine doing a cruise in colder climates, to me NZ is a driving holiday.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:56 am

Dutchy wrote:

I struggled with 10, got a 9 dayer coming up in March, but on a much nicer ship.

I couldn't imagine doing a cruise in colder climates, to me NZ is a driving holiday.

It was a fairly abrupt "**** no" from this little black duck.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 am

Leaving and returning via Adelaide has plenty of advantages. The right ship/cruise line (that suits your demographic and personal tastes is important.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 am

It's on the Royal Caribbean Golden Princess.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Princess Line, Golden Princess. Have been on it twice. No complaints from me but I get it that if you are not sure then 17 days is a big ask. NZ as destination is also good for cruises and does not present language/money/cultural issues that some ports/countries do.

Princess Line are now about the biggest operator in Australia. ADL/ADL gets rid of the airfares required for SYD/MEL but is an extra 3 nights. Same money but longer on board.I gather you are about 40. This ship will have passengers older than its near rivals and quite a bit older than say P&O. Princess ships are well run, clean, offer a range of entertainment and everything is included except for drinks and specialty restaurants, top end steak, etc,Food is generally of a good standard. Specialty restaurants cost about $30 extra and a beer is $7 to $8 per can/bottle. If you or your wife go to cruisecritic.com any question about ships/ports etc is covered in plenty of detail (people with a lot of time on their hands).

My wife is currently on the Majestic Princess with one of our daughters which left me home, alone. That is a consideration for some. Win/Win.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm

DOC wrote:Princess Line, Golden Princess. Have been on it twice. No complaints from me but I get it that if you are not sure then 17 days is a big ask. NZ as destination is also good for cruises and does not present language/money/cultural issues that some ports/countries do.

Princess Line are now about the biggest operator in Australia. ADL/ADL gets rid of the airfares required for SYD/MEL but is an extra 3 nights. Same money but longer on board.I gather you are about 40. This ship will have passengers older than its near rivals and quite a bit older than say P&O. Princess ships are well run, clean, offer a range of entertainment and everything is included except for drinks and specialty restaurants, top end steak, etc,Food is generally of a good standard. Specialty restaurants cost about $30 extra and a beer is $7 to $8 per can/bottle. If you or your wife go to cruisecritic.com any question about ships/ports etc is covered in plenty of detail (people with a lot of time on their hands).

My wife is currently on the Majestic Princess with one of our daughters which left me home, alone. That is a consideration for some. Win/Win.

Thanks DOC, I'll have a look at the cruisecritic site. :-BD
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Travel