What Game Are You Playing Now?

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:20 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Finished the story mode in rdr2. Brilliant. Best game I have ever played. Loved it. Great story.
How long did it take finish?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:41 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I finally finished Spideman last night, took my time collecting and completing everything before I finished the story, what a f**king great game. The gadgets, the suits and suit powers, the fighting style, the web swinging, the story with Insomniac's own Sinister Six was all done so well.

I will eventually get Red Dead Redemption 2, maybe as a Christmas present as I'm not in a huge rush to get it.

When did you finish all the side missions Dark Knight? Whenever they came available i spent hours doing them before the main story so i could upgrade all my gear and unlock suits to make life easier when the game got harder. What suite perk did you use? I found the spider-bro bot the best. I'm not sure i could put the game in the same category as the Batman series. They produced 3 remarkable games but i did see they've left it open for future Spiderman games .

I did the side missions the same way as you, did them as soon as they became available and tried to finsh them all ASAP so it took me longer to do the main story. A few of the side missions were quite tedious but like you said I leveled up, unlocked and upgraded gear and suits quicker. I mostly use the EMP blast suit perk, I found it most effective. I loved the using the spider bots gadget, made life easy when fight multliple enemies.

I'm also not sure how I would rate it against the Batman Arkham games, both them and Spiderman are so damn good! And yes their will definitely be a sequel, Harry Osborn maybe the main villian but we'll see what they'll do with Norman Osborn being Green Goblin.

They certainly have to have a sequel, can't make a game and not include Spidermans main rival. They could spread it out over three? next game Norman as the villain and Harry then avenging him in another game. Not sure thought Spiderman could push it out over three games though as Batman had done. I'm just basing that on the fact Batman has a shit load more villains and more to play with than Spiderman. All i know is if the second game is like the first it'll be impressive
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:36 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Finished the story mode in rdr2. Brilliant. Best game I have ever played. Loved it. Great story.
How long did it take finish?

i am not sure, i think it can vary on how you play it... for me it was at a guess, 30+ hours. i am not sure where i can look..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Got one of those retro snes systems. Can’t wait to play it when the girls are in bed tonight.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:38 am

anyone here purchased the expansion packs on Spider-Man? I purchased all 3 and highly recommend if your thinking of doing. Decent story modes which take a few hours to complete. Includes more side missions and crime fighting. The fighting is harder as the enimies are now more equipped with protection.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:48 am

mighty hounds wrote:anyone here purchased the expansion packs on Spider-Man? I purchased all 3 and highly recommend if your thinking of doing. Decent story modes which take a few hours to complete. Includes more side missions and crime fighting. The fighting is harder as the enimies are now more equipped with protection.
Yeah mate I bought the season pass for them, I tossed up whether I should or not for a couple of days then went with it. I'm almost finished the first one and it's very good, better hurry up and the finish the three of them now because I got Red Dead Redemption Two as a Christmas present yesterday.

I have a question for the other PS4 players on here about external hard drives. With the install file of RDR2 being so big I need to delete more of my PS4 or get an external hard drive, the later would be the best option. I looked at them briefly on the JB Hi Fi website yesterday and sort know what I'm going to get but my question is does anyone have one? Which brand and what is the capacity? Does it need to be anything special to suit the PS4?

T.I.A
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:06 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:anyone here purchased the expansion packs on Spider-Man? I purchased all 3 and highly recommend if your thinking of doing. Decent story modes which take a few hours to complete. Includes more side missions and crime fighting. The fighting is harder as the enimies are now more equipped with protection.
Yeah mate I bought the season pass for them, I tossed up whether I should or not for a couple of days then went with it. I'm almost finished the first one and it's very good, better hurry up and the finish the three of them now because I got Red Dead Redemption Two as a Christmas present yesterday.

I have a question for the other PS4 players on here about external hard drives. With the install file of RDR2 being so big I need to delete more of my PS4 or get an external hard drive, the later would be the best option. I looked at them briefly on the JB Hi Fi website yesterday and sort know what I'm going to get but my question is does anyone have one? Which brand and what is the capacity? Does it need to be anything special to suit the PS4?

T.I.A

I wasn’t aware you could do that. I’ve been deleting old games when I’ve required more space. I might look into this now
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Keefy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

T.I.A

I wasn’t aware you could do that. I’ve been deleting old games when I’ve required more space. I might look into this now

I did some googling and it seems as long as the external drive is USB 3.0 and no bigger than 8TB you can get any external hard drive.

JB Hi-Fi stock Western Digital gaming drives for the PS4.

Might have to look and see what size the kids PS4 is and perhaps invest in an external drive too.
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Keefy wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

T.I.A

I did some googling and it seems as long as the external drive is USB 3.0 and no bigger than 8TB you can get any external hard drive.

JB Hi-Fi stock Western Digital gaming drives for the PS4.

Might have to look and see what size the kids PS4 is and perhaps invest in an external drive too.

Excellent, I have a WD 3TB external drive for my Mac. I’ll suss it out when I’m home and see if that’ll work
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:02 pm

So lads yesterday I went and bought a 4TB WD Gaming External Hard Drive ideal for the PS4 from JB Hi Fi, used my gift card from Xmas to pay for some of it. I set it up last night, went through all my games and game files and transferred them onto my external hard drive. It allowed for some of my games to update since transferring data onto the hard drive created space for them to update. Left my PS4 on overnight as it took awhile and it all seems to be working properly with no issues.

Now I'm currently installing Red Dead Redemption 2.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:17 am

Red dead question... Anyone else rate Arthur a better character then Jon???
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:41 am

Started Read dead again
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:31 am

Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Epic :D
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 am

After hearing some good things, I picked up Hollow Knight on Switch.

I knew it was Australian made, but found out after buying it that it's actually Adelaide made, by Team Cherry.

It's my favourite game on the Switch at the moment.

Quite difficult, so you do die a lot. But the way the games structured, it feels like an accomplishment to progress through the game.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 am

HH3 wrote:After hearing some good things, I picked up Hollow Knight on Switch.

I knew it was Australian made, but found out after buying it that it's actually Adelaide made, by Team Cherry.

Quite difficult, so you do die a lot. But the way the games structured, it feels like an accomplishment to progress through the game.

Do I remember you saying you had Zelda HH3? Did you finish the game?
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:30 am

mighty hounds wrote:

I have it. I basically bought the Switch so I could play it.

Havent finished it. Only beaten Water Blight Ganon, and now trying to sneak into the Camel one. I havent really played it for a while. Think I've played for about 45 hours. Most of thats finding and beating shrines.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:11 am

HH3 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I have it. I basically bought the Switch so I could play it.

Havent finished it. Only beaten Water Blight Ganon, and now trying to sneak into the Camel one. I havent really played it for a while. Think I've played for about 45 hours. Most of thats finding and beating shrines.

I just recovered Zeldas Master Sword from the Lost Woods. Been smashing through the game. Have avoided the walkthrough for the main quest but have used it to find some shrines. Zoras Domain was the most difficult Devine Beast I found. I reckon you’ll find the others a lot easier in the build up and while you’re inside getting back on your side.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 am

Just getting past the guys you need to lure with bananas has stopped me.

I might fire it up and try another Devine Beast.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:44 am

HH3 wrote:Just getting past the guys you need to lure with bananas has stopped me.

I done that Devine beast last. I went Elephant, Lizard, Falcon then Camel. With the Yiga Hideout I found going left up the ladder after the first two ninjas the best way. You’ll find the banana hoard and then you work your way around on the rafters.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:55 am

mighty hounds wrote:
HH3 wrote:Just getting past the guys you need to lure with bananas has stopped me.

I done that Devine beast last. I went Elephant, Lizard, Falcon then Camel. With the Yiga Hideout I found going left up the ladder after the first two ninjas the best way. You’ll find the banana hoard and then you work your way around on the rafters.

I went that way first, but always seem to get caught right before exiting that room.

Probably because of my impatience more than anything.

I need to get some heat resistant clothes to go up the volcano.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets