I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby stampy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
stampy wrote:
Booney wrote:The issue they were protesting against was African gangs, whilst doing so they goose stepped and offered a sieg heil.

Other than racist, what word would you prefer the media use?

the idiots offering the nazi shit were not part of the rally btw

yes they were

no they werent
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

stampy wrote:
Booney wrote:The issue they were protesting against was African gangs, whilst doing so they goose stepped and offered a sieg heil.

Sure, they weren't part of the rally....

Anywho, what word should the media use?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Living here, in the main, I believe the African gang violence is a media beat up. My 2 cents.

According to several friends (not known to each other and well-adjusted reasonable people) in Melbourne, it's definitely a problem.

Walk down Rundle Mall after 7pm on a Friday night.

OK, if you think that will help shed light on whether there's a prob in Melbourne or not ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Some videos Ive seen are pretty f**ked up.

Dont care if you're black or white, if you hunt and rob people in packs, in broad daylight, in crowded areas, you have no respect for anything and should be in jail.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 pm

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Living here, in the main, I believe the African gang violence is a media beat up. My 2 cents.

According to several friends (not known to each other and well-adjusted reasonable people) in Melbourne, it's definitely a problem.

Fair enough. Without wanting to sound a bit snobby, it’s a Western Melbourne issue. Don’t see it so much on the Eastern side. The latest thing was at St Kilda... if your wandering around down there late at night, your not the full quid.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:05 pm

HH3 wrote:Some videos Ive seen are pretty f**ked up.

Dont care if you're black or white, if you hunt and rob people in packs, in broad daylight, in crowded areas, you have no respect for anything and should be in jail.

Yep agree and if it happens more than once which it has, it’s a problem.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:

Fair enough. Without wanting to sound a bit snobby, it’s a Western Melbourne issue. Don’t see it so much on the Eastern side. The latest thing was at St Kilda... if your wandering around down there late at night, your not the full quid.

It's an interesting comment.

People say "We should be able to walk around safely at night" and yes, we should, but we can't, we no longer live in a world where walking alone at night in certain areas can be deemed as safe. It's sad, it's mildly depressing but it's not all together untrue.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:

It's an interesting comment.

People say "We should be able to walk around safely at night" and yes, we should, but we can't, we no longer live in a world where walking alone at night in certain areas can be deemed as safe. It's sad, it's mildly depressing but it's not all together untrue.

It sure is a problem.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Walk down Rundle Mall after 7pm on a Friday night.

OK, if you think that will help shed light on whether there's a prob in Melbourne or not ...

I don't know what is happening in Melbourne,but what I have witnessed with my own eyes is groups, intimidating looking groups, of young African men congregating in Rundle Mall. If this is in anyway a reflection on what's happening in Melbourne then it might not be a media beat up*.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spangas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm

stampy wrote:why is it that when a politician or a member of the media question the behaviour of certain groups whether they be immigrants or not, why are they immediately called racist, nazi sympathisers etc etc yet the issue they are questioning is totally ignored and brushed under the carpet?

do our high ranking politicians think that by ignoring the problem that it will just go away, a sort of if we dont upset them they might be good and leave us alone mentality?

I just dont get it

It's the classic 'strawman' argument.
Works 70% of the time, every time.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:

Glad I know that now, spent many a night at the Novatel in St Kilda walking to and from the Espy to see bands.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:

Glad I know that now, spent many a night at the Novatel in St Kilda walking to and from the Espy to see bands.

About a 200m stroll.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 pm

stampy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
stampy wrote:

yes they were

no they werent
Yes they were. The neo nazi rally was organized by Blair Cottrell who is a renowned neo nazi.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 pm

JK wrote:

See, I have friends that live in Melbourne that say otherwise
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
JK wrote:

We were at Republica on the beach a few weeks back and the friends we were with gave us sone details of recent assaults.

As an aside this place had such a chilled Sunday beer garden vibe about it, awesome place, highly recommend (scenery 10/10).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Q. wrote:
JK wrote:

See, I have friends that live in Melbourne that say otherwise

Collingwood supporters? ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 am

If people consider outlaw bikie gangs to be a problem then they must agree that the Sudanese youths are a problem.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

cracka wrote:If people consider outlaw bikie gangs to be a problem then they must agree that the Sudanese youths are a problem.

Especially if they're on bikes.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 am

Indonesia is it safe to visit? Sounds like this will be added to our work territory. That means going up there. Anyone know?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am

Corona Man wrote:Indonesia is it safe to visit? Sounds like this will be added to our work territory. That means going up there. Anyone know?

@PatowalongaPirate
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion