PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Units had the luck go their way on the week-end. After Leonard takes a 5 for and then hits some quick runs and then goes down with an achilles. Heard Dave Ritzema was dropped 4 times making his 81 and Jack Thomas was dropped about 3 times making a half century. Also Cam Hobson-Bessell didn't front for NEK as he has done a wrist and may be out for the season.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:Units had the luck go their way on the week-end. After Leonard takes a 5 for and then hits some quick runs and then goes down with an achilles. Heard Dave Ritzema was dropped 4 times making his 81 and Jack Thomas was dropped about 3 times making a half century. Also Cam Hobson-Bessell didn't front for NEK as he has done a wrist and may be out for the season.

How bad is the achilles? They're usually totally f'd or nothing, there's no in between.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:49 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:Units had the luck go their way on the week-end. After Leonard takes a 5 for and then hits some quick runs and then goes down with an achilles. Heard Dave Ritzema was dropped 4 times making his 81 and Jack Thomas was dropped about 3 times making a half century. Also Cam Hobson-Bessell didn't front for NEK as he has done a wrist and may be out for the season.

Need some luck sometimes I guess.. Davey Ritz certainly not a guy you want to be dropping!

Ouch on the Achilles, that's a fair blow for the Knighters, Leonard is a genuine game changer - although I only saw a very limited sample size when we played it was enough to know he can rip a game apart. Hopefully the damage isn't too great and he can make a strong return with limited time away.

Hobson-Bessell solid contributor, but think they can cover him easy enough.

Still plenty of firepower in the NEK lineup, and Mills still hasn't really fired a shot yet - no doubt Enfield will bowl him into form this weekend, we are good at that! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Who batted and used CHB's name?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm

I may have the wrong name. Was told it was one of their top order batsmen who only scored 6 against ATCO so may be its Wilhelm with the bad wrist and not CHB.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:12 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Grade 1 Ladder
98.62 - Salisbury West
90.10 - Craigmore
84.57 - Eastern Park
75.58 - Virginia
-------------------------------------

73.02 - Angle Vale
54.33 - Parafield Gardens
44.74 - Dublin
31.19 - Riverside

Very interesting battle for 4th place opening up, looks to be between Virginia and Angle Vale, both with similar ends to the season but Virginia with Parafield last round could tip the scales in their favour.

Eastern Park have done well this season on their return to the top flight, but have a tricky last 4 games, and whilst i'd expect them to manage them, they will be under the pump to win at least one game to lock away their finals berth.

Angle Vale have the Gardens and Dublin still to play yet too.

Yeah, Eastern Park aren't out of the woods yet, at full strength they'd have the most dangerous all-round line-up but losing 2 of their last 3 against teams they would've gone in as favourites against doesn't look great.

I hope all their players aren't playing footy trials come finals time.

Hearing they will be playing cricket but not all is kiss and hugs down at Dwight reserve I’m led to believe.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hobson-Bessell is alive and well; it's Josh Wilhelm who looks unlikely to play again this season with a wrist injury.

Andy Leonard has a plantar fascia tear, but we're hoping he recovers in time for the finals.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 am

Failed Creation wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hobson-Bessell is alive and well; it's Josh Wilhelm who looks unlikely to play again this season with a wrist injury.

Andy Leonard has a plantar fascia tear, but we're hoping he recovers in time for the finals.

That's good to hear, massive injury when they snap.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Grade 1 Ladder
98.62 - Salisbury West
90.10 - Craigmore
84.57 - Eastern Park
75.58 - Virginia
-------------------------------------

73.02 - Angle Vale
54.33 - Parafield Gardens
44.74 - Dublin
31.19 - Riverside

Very interesting battle for 4th place opening up, looks to be between Virginia and Angle Vale, both with similar ends to the season but Virginia with Parafield last round could tip the scales in their favour.

Eastern Park have done well this season on their return to the top flight, but have a tricky last 4 games, and whilst i'd expect them to manage them, they will be under the pump to win at least one game to lock away their finals berth.

Angle Vale have the Gardens and Dublin still to play yet too.

Yeah, Eastern Park aren't out of the woods yet, at full strength they'd have the most dangerous all-round line-up but losing 2 of their last 3 against teams they would've gone in as favourites against doesn't look great.

I hope all their players aren't playing footy trials come finals time.

Hearing they will be playing cricket but not all is kiss and hugs down at Dwight reserve I’m led to believe.

Lol would love to know where you have heard that garbage considering you haven’t been around the club for almost 10 years? Everyone is loving the year, we are all on the same page and we all want the same thing! We’ve just been playing some shocking cricket, for most of the year to be honest! But for us to be in a position like we are, things are looking real promising! Had blokes out of form all year, won’t be long before Tuckwell, Morris, Woodward, Williamson even diedrichsen start posting some big scores.. we will be full strength and back to our best in no time, very excited for finals!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:55 am

As you know I have always supported EP and wished them nothing but success (except for one finals series off course) Always have a soft spot the red and blue and would love nothing more than to see them win the GF at Dwight Reserve against SW with a winning wicket.

Just heard from a couple different sources that there has been the odd heated debate amongst team-mates with one team mate in particular threatening to quit on a couple of occasions.

It's not so far fetched to believe as I had seen it plenty of times throughout my EP life.
whufc
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 pm

I’m telling you that who ever your source is, is so far off the mark it isn’t funny lol

Not a single player from the A grade has threatened to quit or would be silly enough to do so with what is ahead of us! I’m guessing your head is being filled with crap probably from one of the blokes playing B grade who has filled in for a game or 2 but sooked about not getting a bat or a bowl until late or something!

But im telling you now that everything is certainly all kiss and hugs down at Dwight reserve!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:I’m telling you that who ever your source is, is so far off the mark it isn’t funny lol

Not a single player from the A grade has threatened to quit or would be silly enough to do so with what is ahead of us! I’m guessing your head is being filled with crap probably from one of the blokes playing B grade who has filled in for a game or 2 but sooked about not getting a bat or a bowl until late or something!

But im telling you now that everything is certainly all kiss and hugs down at Dwight reserve!

That’s brilliant news.

Would be great to have seen the lads that I captain at the start of the journey complete what was the ultimate task. Get it done.
whufc
Coach

Postby beef » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:09 am

Doesn't matter anyway. Tyson Richard assures me he will bowl Craigmore to a premiership. Already got his hands on the bowling trophy
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 pm

beef wrote:Doesn't matter anyway. Tyson Richard assures me he will bowl Craigmore to a premiership. Already got his hands on the bowling trophy

I heard it a bit different. Apparently he was going to be batting and he was going to hit consecutive sixes of both Woody and Benny McMullen from elegantly played hook shots. Doesn't fear the bouncer at all.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 am

I wonder how many of the Grade 2 teams would accept the invitation to Grade 1 should they earn the right for promotion?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I wonder how many of the Grade 2 teams would accept the invitation to Grade 1 should they earn the right for promotion?

Why do you think they won't.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:04 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I wonder how many of the Grade 2 teams would accept the invitation to Grade 1 should they earn the right for promotion?

Why do you think they won't.

The standard.

NEK: Yes.
Pines: Not sure, can't remember the last time they were in Grade 2, Grade would've been 15 years ago at least.
Enfield: Yes, they'd have the balls to.
Craigmore: Can't anyway.
Units: Doubt it, wanted out as it was this year with a mass exodus.
Eyre: Doubt it, they have a few that could cut it but have hardly been consistent.
Smithfield: They'd reluctantly go up, only because their delegate wouldn't care or because they'd miss the AGM.
ATCO: Wouldn't think so.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Definitely all hugs and kisses down at eastern park.. Tuckwell, Woodward, Mcmullen all firing today! Nobody else needed to do **** all, looking forward to next week
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Definitely all hugs and kisses down at eastern park.. Tuckwell, Woodward, Mcmullen all firing today! Nobody else needed to do **** all, looking forward to next week

I wish we could see :lol:

Who's in charge of entering their scores out there???
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 am

ATCO: Lose and it takes a week or three to enter their scores, win and they're up Saturday evening :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps