ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby thevoice » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:47 pm

the smokey wrote:[i][i][i]A2

Woody Rechs to be there abouts again
Jace Ohara Scaring blokes every weekend
Grove down

A2- well Marion started real well but I just wonder whether they can keep going. They seem to struggle a little after Xmas last few years so let’s watch that space. TOS and Fulham have big second halves coming up.
Jace is getting better per game and when full is rattling stumps.
Grove hanging in there

Marion with Hectorville, ROCS, Fulham,Trinity, GG. Batting looks more stable then in
Previous years.

Golden Grove look the goods to stay up at this stage which would be huge considering they didn't recruit. The highest grade they've ever been as a club and if they can stay up things might be starting to turn out at Harpers!

Wouldn't surprise me if GG go down. Real tough run coming home and if Anderson doesn't score runs it'll be lights out in A2.
They play Flinders Park away, Reynella home, ROCs away, Fulham away and Marion home. Two of the teams that came down from A1 last summer and three teams that should figure in the finals. They are a strong chance to come home 0-5. If I was you I'd be pinning my hopes on Heccies & Unley to keep losing.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby helicopterking » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:51 pm

H. Singh back to Para Hill from Ingle Farm?
Scotch have PAOC on the Rocks. Guaranteed finals of Scotch can get it done.
Heccies All out 47
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:14 pm

helicopterking wrote:H. Singh back to Para Hill from Ingle Farm?
Heccies All out 47

Keep up .... H. Singh has played the last 3 games for Para Hills
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Heccies All out 47

Keep up .... H. Singh has played the last 3 games for Para Hills

My bad
Some big games on line in A2 to shape the 4
Fulham 4/56 v Rocs 162. Depends if Adcocks are out or not.
Flinders Park 2/14 chasing GG 180
Reynella chasing Trinity 233 at Reynella. Not impossible.
Woody Rech 231 v Woody South. Rosenthal with an unbeaten ton.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Fulham 4/56 v Rocs 162. Depends if Adcocks are out or not.

1 of them not playing until early February....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby thevoice » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Heccies All out 47

Not surprising you knocked Heccies over for 47, they are a poor side at this level and would lose to most B1 sides. Lucky to not get relegated last summer.
thevoice
Rookie

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm

thevoice wrote:
Heccies All out 47

Not surprising you knocked Heccies over for 47, they are a poor side at this level and would lose to most B1 sides. Lucky to not get relegated last summer.

By the looks of it, Heccies are a very young side. Have decided to take a few steps back to move the club forward. If they could recruit 2 decent older players to steer the ship why the other find their feet down in A3s, they could be competetive in a few years time.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Danky$$ » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Hanson 0 k.parks 20.. Kyle is truly the goat
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 pm

I see Old Scotch were 6 for 201, chasing PAOC's 204 and lost 4 for 2 to lose the game. Runs on the board!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm

looking at the tables how are people seeing the top 4 come finals?

A1 is a hard one.

A2 top 3 are now clear of 4th Fulham and Tos both now playing for 2nd i feel. unless they can both knock off Marion. which i think both will be good games.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:looking at the tables how are people seeing the top 4 come finals?

A1 is a hard one.

A2 top 3 are now clear of 4th Fulham and Tos both now playing for 2nd i feel. unless they can both knock off Marion. which i think both will be good games.

Top 3 in both A1s and A2s I think will go through.
A1s I think Walkerville, but the Para Hills v Walkerville game will decide it.
A2s, 4th is right up for grabs. Flinders Park lose on the weekend hurt their chances.
Woody Rech will go close but will need to beat Trinity next game. Could come down to the Reynella v Woody Rech one dayer for that final Spot, Golden Grove will have to win at least 3 more games, against Reynella, Rocs,Fulham and Marion.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

T20 Div 1 Qtr Finals
PAOC d Ingle Farm
Fulham d Para Hills
Grange d Flinders Park
SPOC played Pooraka, not sure of this result

T20 Div 2 Qtr Finals
Ingle Farm d Mawson Lakes
Adelaide Uni d PAOC
Old Ignations d Kilburn
Retnella played Adelaide Lions, not sure of this result
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby thevoice » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:05 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:T20 Div 1 Qtr Finals
PAOC d Ingle Farm
Fulham d Para Hills
Grange d Flinders Park
SPOC played Pooraka, not sure of this result

T20 Div 2 Qtr Finals
Ingle Farm d Mawson Lakes
Adelaide Uni d PAOC
Old Ignations d Kilburn
Retnella played Adelaide Lions, not sure of this result

Tonights T20 results:

PAOC beat Ingle Farm in a thriller. IF having a cracking season, be disappointed, but pretty happy with their run in this comp
Fulham smoke Para Hills with an over to spare chasing down 176. WT import Carl Mickan with 80 odd and Kyle Adcock 40+. Falcons seem up and about.
SPOC smash Pooraka by 130 runs. WTF. Incredible result.
Grange pump Flinders Park by 70 runs - geez how bad are they going at the moment. Struggletown.

Semi's - PAOC, Fulham, SPOC and Grange.
thevoice
Rookie

Postby thevoice » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:16 am

helicopterking wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:looking at the tables how are people seeing the top 4 come finals?

A1 is a hard one.

A2s, 4th is right up for grabs. Flinders Park lose on the weekend hurt their chances.
Woody Rech will go close but will need to beat Trinity next game. Could come down to the Reynella v Woody Rech one dayer for that final Spot, Golden Grove will have to win at least 3 more games, against Reynella, Rocs,Fulham and Marion.

A2
Top three sides are a lock. The order will depend on round 8 & 9 when TOS, Fulham play Marion. Marion normally sketch out this time of year, clearly they're nervous as they've recruited Unley's ex skipper Geddies. GG will lose their last 4 games. Think it's Reynella for 4th, but Rechabites wouldn't suprise me. Marion will be nervous playing Duffet in finals with his record if they finish top.
thevoice
Rookie

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:53 am

helicopterking wrote:

A1 is a hard one.

Tend to agree.

PAOC play Hope Valley, Goodwood, SPOC and Grange in the run home. Should win all 4.
Pooraka I'm backing in despite a couple of poor performances on Saturday and again last night. Wins coming up over Goodwood, SPOC, PD and a close one in Rd 10 against IF.

Those two should finish the minor rounds 1 and 2.

3rd place becomes a bit more interesting. Ingle Farm in the box seat at the moment, but a loss vs Pooraka in Rd 10 could make it tighter. Tough games in Rounds 8 (vs Old Scotch) and 9 (vs Para Hills) mean it isn't a foregone conclusion, but you'd have to have them favorites to get there still.

That leaves three teams (Walkerville, Old Scotch and Para Hills) all fighting for that 4th spot for mine, though you could easily see them pull IF back into the pack making it 4 teams going for the two away semi finals spots.

Walkerville have a softer run home, with wins likely over Payneham (Rd 8.), Port Districts (Rd 9) and Hope Valley (Rd 11). The only tighter one would be Para Hills in Rd 10.
Para Hills would expect to knock off SPOC in Rd 8 and Payneham in Rd 11. Their Rd 9 (Ingle Farm) and 10 (Walkerville) games shape the finals race massively.
Old Scotch are the third side. Finish with a very soft final 3 of Goodwood, Port Districts and Grange. Tough one this round against Ingle Farm. Fox would certainly want to improve after a very poor game on the weekend.

Games to watch:
Rd 8, IF vs Old Scotch.
Rd 9, IF vs Para Hills.
Rd 10, Pooraka vs IF and Walkerville vs Para Hills.

Those 4 games will shape finals.

I'm going with:

PAOC 188pts
Pooraka 165pts
Ingle Farm 154pts
Walkerville 148pts
---------------------------
Old Scotch 140pts
Para Hills 126pts

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if Para Hills get on a run and force their way in!!!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 am

Don't you don't rate SPOC? They are pretty much level on points with Walkerville and Para Hills, so their round 8 clash with Para Hills will be critical. I wouldn't rule them out.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:23 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Don't you don't rate SPOC? They are pretty much level on points with Walkerville and Para Hills, so their round 8 clash with Para Hills will be critical. I wouldn't rule them out.

Although they knocked off Pooraka last night, they did so on the back of a couple of handy ring-ins.

In the 2-day comp they are yet to play any of the top three, finishing with Pooraka, PAOC and Ingle Farm.

Yes, they are currently close to Para Hills, Old Scotch and Walkerville, however given they've play 7 games to date against sides exclusively outside of the 'big 3', it's somewhat safe to say if they were a threat, they'd be higher on the ladder than they currently are.

Wouldn't shock me at all if they lose their last 4, finishing in a pack with Hope Valley, Port Districts and Goodwood for 7th-10th.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Trader wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Don't you don't rate SPOC? They are pretty much level on points with Walkerville and Para Hills, so their round 8 clash with Para Hills will be critical. I wouldn't rule them out.

Although they knocked off Pooraka last night, they did so on the back of a couple of handy ring-ins.

In the 2-day comp they are yet to play any of the top three, finishing with Pooraka, PAOC and Ingle Farm.

Yes, they are currently close to Para Hills, Old Scotch and Walkerville, however given they've play 7 games to date against sides exclusively outside of the 'big 3', it's somewhat safe to say if they were a threat, they'd be higher on the ladder than they currently are.

Wouldn't shock me at all if they lose their last 4, finishing in a pack with Hope Valley, Port Districts and Goodwood for 7th-10th.

Fair call. So, you have Payneham and Grange being relegated? I think Payneham are gone, but I'm tipping Grange will survive if Knight and Tubb play out the season.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Payneham almost certainly going down. Good riddance too after they complained over the Pooraka forfeit earlier in the season.
Grange's ability to stay up comes down to them knocking off either PD this round, or HV in Rd 10. I would suspect they would start underdogs for both, but if they manage either, then they'd find themselves in a bonus points race to stay up. You'd expect them to lose to both PAOC and Old Scotch in Rds 9 and 11.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:41 am

Looking at the Fulham vs para hills scorecard for the T20 final and noticed 3 players hadn't played a qualifying game in the group stages.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps