Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:05 pm

It's a real tough one for mine. You can hardly put blokes in bubble wrap and I 100% agree that if him water skiing is his mental release from the pressures of football and means he isn't involved in other incidents (such as alcohol/partying) than it cant be too bad a thing.

Missing round 1 though OUCH!! Obviously every teams want to win every game but round 1 sets the tone for the rest of the year, everything from on-field performance to early game crowd attendances etc. Him missing is huge and a massive leg up to their opponent.

In the last 2 years only 4 first round losers out of 18 have gone on to make the finals.

There is a fair they are going to place skiing on his banned list now so in hindsight maybe it should have been done from the start.

Glad im not in the AFL game......fine lines.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 pm

Plenty of AFL players have far more dangerous past times than Wines' water skiing. It will make not one iota of difference to what players can do off field or have written in their contracts. Not one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Booney wrote:Plenty of AFL players have far more dangerous past times than Wines' water skiing. It will make not one iota of difference to what players can do off field or have written in their contracts. Not one.

Exactly, players have lives.
I know that there is a group of Essendon players who go to the US for snow skiing in the off-season and have done for some time. You just have to be prepared for the consequences
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:Plenty of AFL players have far more dangerous past times than Wines' water skiing. It will make not one iota of difference to what players can do off field or have written in their contracts. Not one.

Agree but you cant also deny that it doesn't hurt!!

There would be many a person at Alberton today saying DAMN.

What other past times do you know players have that are more dangerous than water skiing. Genuinely interested.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:20 pm

whufc wrote:

What other past times do you know players have that are more dangerous than water skiing. Genuinely interested.

Grundy trekked to Everest base camp, plenty go to SE Asia surfing, riding motor bikes, the same shit "normal" 22-28 year old males do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Yeah, Dane Rampe jumped a chain and Callum Mills was throwing a football :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:43 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Yeah, Dane Rampe jumped a chain and Callum Mills was throwing a football :roll:

Don't forget Buddy line dancing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:52 pm

PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Ollie Wines is recovering well after undergoing shoulder surgery.

The 24-year-old dislocated his right shoulder while water skiing on Saturday.

Wines had an arthroscope this morning and Port Adelaide General Manager – Football, Chris Davies says the surgery was successful.

“Ollie is expected to have his arm in a sling for a period of time,” Davies said.

“His progress will be assessed in coming weeks with a view to him returning to the field early in the home and away season.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Booney wrote:PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Ollie Wines is recovering well after undergoing shoulder surgery.

The 24-year-old dislocated his right shoulder while water skiing on Saturday.

Wines had an arthroscope this morning and Port Adelaide General Manager – Football, Chris Davies says the surgery was successful.

“Ollie is expected to have his arm in a sling for a period of time,” Davies said.

“His progress will be assessed in coming weeks with a view to him returning to the field early in the home and away season.”

Defo missing round 1 then. The smoke and mirrors at alberton continue.

Great job skip
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:49 pm

I’ll bite, how is there ‘smoke and mirrors’? Seems like they have been on the front foot from the start
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Brodlach wrote:I’ll bite, how is there ‘smoke and mirrors’? Seems like they have been on the front foot from the start

Pretty obvious.

“Returning to the field early in the season” Sounds better than “it’s a 10-14 week rehab period meaning ollie will miss the first x amount of rounds”

I’m sure CD knows the timeframe obviously just thought he’d leave it out of the cleverly worded statement.
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby carey » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Brodlach wrote:I’ll bite, how is there ‘smoke and mirrors’? Seems like they have been on the front foot from the start

UK’s hatred of Port Adel is that clear Stevie Wonder can see it please don’t feed him.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:56 pm

RustyCage wrote:
carey wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Why is the likely captain water skiing?

Yeah how dare he have a life! :roll:

I do agree with that, but a month out from the season you’d like to think your potential captain could make a few smarter choices

He could have fallen over pissed and broken his arm!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:59 pm

carey wrote:

UK’s hatred of Port Adel is that clear Stevie Wonder can see it please don’t feed him.

I hate Port just as much but still got to be a bit reasonable
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 pm

UK Fan wrote:

Pretty obvious.

“Returning to the field early in the season” Sounds better than “it’s a 10-14 week rehab period meaning ollie will miss the first x amount of rounds”

I’m sure CD knows the timeframe obviously just thought he’d leave it out of the cleverly worded statement.

CD was saying today the actual time frame will depend on how the first two weeks go. Said will definitely be back before Easter, but would probably miss the start of the season
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:09 pm

I understand that players have lives outside of football, they are young men, and as mentioned by Jim there are some Bombers that go skiing overseas. But these activities are usually done before returning to training and most certainly not after New Year. It is at best irresponsible.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:39 am

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:

Uk Fan is a special unit on this forum. I haven't seen anyone that trolls as much as him.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 am

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:

While you hate Port you would also show them a modicum of respect, given the periods of success we have celebrated as I do with Norwood and Sturt. Hate them, but respect them as opponents. Little UK is just upset because his club lives in the shadow of the truly big clubs of the SANFL, he knows it, he hates it. It's funny. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Grundy trekked to Everest base camp, plenty go to SE Asia surfing, riding motor bikes, the same shit "normal" 22-28 year old males do.

Wines normal? That's the squarest head I've ever seen outside of a lego box. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I understand that players have lives outside of football, they are young men, and as mentioned by Jim there are some Bombers that go skiing overseas. But these activities are usually done before returning to training and most certainly not after New Year. It is at best irresponsible.

This is probably the sensible compromise, do these activities on your extended breaks, once you return after Christmas break they are not allowed
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL