ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Harry49 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Harry49 wrote:
Yeah I played. Tsimiklis was very impressive for Virginia and I thought Seccafien bowled exceptionally well in both games.

Tsimiklis is one of the most improved players I've seen over the years, wasn't that long ago he struggled in the lower grades, Secca's is a champion all round.

How was their chirp? They bring a good game.

He strikes the ball well. He smashed 55 against SPOC so we were always up against it with him since his eye was well and truly in. Went on to hit 49 against us to get them to a respectable total.

They weren't too bad actually. Some of their supporters don't mind a word or two. Overall the game was played in great spirits. Mind you I didn't have to bat so I'm not too sure how much chirp took place. There were no complaints from batters who got out
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Harry49 wrote:so I'm not too sure how much chirp took place. There were no complaints from batters who got out

Word is you blokes aren't shy on giving a fair bit of lip either.. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Harry49 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Harry49 wrote:so I'm not too sure how much chirp took place. There were no complaints from batters who got out

Word is you blokes aren't shy on giving a fair bit of lip either.. ;)

No comment...
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 pm

A bit of turn in the deck or were the Virginian eyes up in the air?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Harry49 wrote:No comment...

After knocking off Pooraka like you did I'm sure there's every reason to be up and about.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Harry49 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit of turn in the deck or were the Virginian eyes up in the air?

Definitely some turn in the deck. They didn't seem to be too experienced against spin and couldn't handle Grant Carey's variation. Put on a masterclass yesterday! I thought Nathan Warren was slightly unlucky, thought his LBW which he claimed to have hit but it was definitely pad first, but I thought it may have been going over
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Harry49 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit of turn in the deck or were the Virginian eyes up in the air?

Definitely some turn in the deck. They didn't seem to be too experienced against spin and couldn't handle Grant Carey's variation. Put on a masterclass yesterday! I thought Nathan Warren was slightly unlucky, thought his LBW which he claimed to have hit but it was definitely pad first, but I thought it may have been going over

If they're pinning their hopes on Nato getting them to a decent score the horse has bolted.

Great bunch of blokes to play against, your ears will be ringing while you bat but they'll get the little Greek scotch glasses out after the match and keep you well hydrated and amused.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:15 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Result reversed and Para Hills are now through

Heard Fulham have appealed, lawyers involved?

Any word on the outcome?

Couple of the reasons why, don't think they have any chance of winning, but they obviously do!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Reilly » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:44 am

Heard Fulham have appealed, lawyers involved?

Any word on the outcome?

Couple of the reasons why, don't think they have any chance of winning, but they obviously do![/quote]

On what grounds are they appealing the decision? Thought the rules were pretty black and white? Good luck on that! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 am

Reilly wrote:On what grounds are they appealing the decision? Thought the rules were pretty black and white? Good luck on that! [emoji23]

Harry49 wrote:"No player, excluding Guest players (see 12 d) are qualified to play in finals, commencing with the quarter final, unless they have played at least one match prior to the quarter final." - seems pretty clear to me

If I were Fulham that is the bit I would be attacking.

Whilst it is implied it is a T20 match, it doesn't state that it is a T20 match.

Heyzer a few years ago blurred the waters when he changed the interpretation on the 2-grade clubs rule. This rule previously applied to the Saturday comp only, but David changed it and said the "senior comp" is BOTH the Saturday comp and the T20s.

It was a strange change, but one that has now opened the door for Fulham to argue that their 3 had played one match.

Personally I think they broke the rules, but there is enough gray that they can now argue it.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 am

Pack of sooks, get over it, it's only cricket.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Trader wrote:
Reilly wrote:On what grounds are they appealing the decision? Thought the rules were pretty black and white? Good luck on that! [emoji23]

Harry49 wrote:"No player, excluding Guest players (see 12 d) are qualified to play in finals, commencing with the quarter final, unless they have played at least one match prior to the quarter final." - seems pretty clear to me

Whilst it is implied it is a T20 match, it doesn't state that it is a T20 match.

Heyzer a few years ago blurred the waters when he changed the interpretation on the 2-grade clubs rule. This rule previously applied to the Saturday comp only, but David changed it and said the "senior comp" is BOTH the Saturday comp and the T20s.

It was a strange change, but one that has now opened the door for Fulham to argue that their 3 had played one match.

Personally I think they broke the rules, but there is enough gray that they can now argue it.

I thought the heading of ATCA Twenty/20 Playing Conditions would mean that it would all relate to the Twenty/20 competition, most people with common sense would interpret it like that. Let's see how it all pans out.
Harry49
Rookie

Postby leftrightout » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Trader wrote:

I think it was around suspension - eg you get 2 games suspension and during the 1st there is a T20 game, then you count that as your 2. I could be wrong.
leftrightout
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:18 am

some big games this weekend, finals still a chance for some teams. whats everyones thoughts.

A1-
Port Districts Vs Grange
Payneham Vs Walkerville
PAOC Vs Hope Valley
SPOC Vs Para Hills
Goodwood Vs Pooraka
Ingle Farm Vs Old Scotch

Knowles to hit 100 this game.

A2
Golden Grove vs Reynella
Marion Vs Rocs
Pooraka Vs Flinders Park
Unley Vs Hectorville
Woodville Rechs Vs TOS
Woodville Sth Vs Fulham.

Danger game for Marion, last 3 rounds for them will be Fulham, TOS and Grove. they wouldn't want to drop to Rocs and possibly open themselves up.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:some big games this weekend, finals still a chance for some teams. whats everyones thoughts.

A1-
Port Districts Vs Grange
Payneham Vs Walkerville
PAOC Vs Hope Valley
SPOC Vs Para Hills
Goodwood Vs Pooraka
Ingle Farm Vs Old Scotch

IF vs Old Scotch the big game, though SPOC and Para Hills could also help shape finals.

I'll tip:
PD
Walkerville
PAOC
Para Hills
Pooraka
Ingle Farm
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:some big games this weekend, finals still a chance for some teams. whats everyones thoughts.

A1-
Port Districts Vs Grange
Payneham Vs Walkerville
PAOC Vs Hope Valley
SPOC Vs Para Hills
Goodwood Vs Pooraka
Ingle Farm Vs Old Scotch

A2
Golden Grove vs Reynella
Marion Vs Rocs
Pooraka Vs Flinders Park
Unley Vs Hectorville
Woodville Rechs Vs TOS
Woodville Sth Vs Fulham.

Danger game for Marion, last 3 rounds for them will be Fulham, TOS and Grove. they wouldn't want to drop to Rocs and possibly open themselves up.

Ingle Farm v Scotch huge game. My mail is Scholz may have played his last game,that will hurt Scotch.
Woods Rech v Trinity will be a cracker.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby thevoice » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:32 pm

helicopterking wrote:

A1-
Port Districts Vs Grange
Payneham Vs Walkerville
PAOC Vs Hope Valley
SPOC Vs Para Hills
Goodwood Vs Pooraka
Ingle Farm Vs Old Scotch

A2
Golden Grove vs Reynella
Marion Vs Rocs
Pooraka Vs Flinders Park
Unley Vs Hectorville
Woodville Rechs Vs TOS
Woodville Sth Vs Fulham.

Ingle Farm v Scotch huge game. My mail is Scholz may have played his last game,that will hurt Scotch.
Woods Rech v Trinity will be a cracker.

This A2 round should firmly shape the final 4 I reckon.

Golden Grove vs Reynella - Reynella need to win all remaining games to make it. GG somehow are in the 4. Think Reynella in a close one.
Marion Vs Rocs - ROCs aren't anywhere near as bad as what their ladder position suggests, but this is a massive game. If Simpson & Rahaley fire, it'll be game on. Rowe is still an X factor with the ball and we all know Marion's run home.
Pooraka Vs Flinders Park - Pooraka have run out of steam and FP are in horrible knick. Could go either way.
Unley Vs Hectorville - Heccies are going down, If Unley win and Pooraka lose to FP, Unley will be two games in front of Pooraka, which will almost guarantee survival
Woodville Rechs Vs TOS - massive game. If Duffet and Rosey fire up, TOS will need to make a few. Batting is their strength though. Corker game.
Woodville Sth Vs Fulham - WS have a few big outs this week, will make it hard. L Adcock returning.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:17 pm

helicopterking wrote:Ingle Farm v Scotch huge game. My mail is Scholz may have played his last game,that will hurt Scotch.

Why's that?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby helicopterking » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Ingle Farm v Scotch huge game. My mail is Scholz may have played his last game,that will hurt Scotch.

Why's that?

Officially retired I’ve heard.
But are you ever truly retired in the game of cricket?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 pm

TOS 7/345 after 80
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

PreviousNext