PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
I love your write-ups, LM.

Maybe you could do Grades 3 & 4 next season?

Cheers mate, I'll see what I can do, Bedge might be the man though.

I only done Grade's 1 & 2 to see how close I can get to picking the the McKenzie and Robert Graham Medallists, been around the mark but that has been from doing a mock count with a week to go, could be a bit of fun to extend it though, if teams could get their shit together early enough and enter their details, that's the hard part.................................and I should've probably done a spreadsheet instead of manually going through it each week.

If time permits, I'll do a run home for each grade.

Sounds great to me!
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:15 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:If time permits, I'll do a run home for each grade.

Whose time and why do you need to ask their permission?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am

GRADE 3
Angle Vale 115.33 A(h), D(a), PG(h)
One Tree Hill 92.51 EU(a), PP(h), SW(a)
Salisbury West 85.03 D(h), PG(a), OTH(h)
Parafield Gardens 76.14 PP(a), SW(h), AV(a)

Peninsula Pirates 72.50 PG(h). OTH(a), A(a)
Enfield United 71.33 OTH(h), A(a), D(h)
ATCO 60.82 AV(a), EU(h), PP(a)
Dublin 38.35 SW(a), AV(h), EU(a)

Well Angle Vale, despite no one really dominating in either discipline they have managed 7 wins on the trot and will this round secure top spot with the opportunity to throw the team around for their flight to Dublin in round 13 and then get back into business for the last round to launch a finals assault.
When you have 4 bowlers with 90 wickets between them all averaging under 13 with a combined economy rate of 2.8 you're going to win more games than you lose. They'll play in the big dance and will probably be the beneficiary of a weather affected GF to take the title.
The Billiegoats finally found a grade low enough for them to be competitive, having said that, there has been no real standouts, it's pleasing to see Luke Lister given the chance to bat at the top of the order and with an average of 66 is loving it.
I can't see too many Grade 3 teams complaining though, getting to play at McGlip Oval to enjoy $3 beers and have the Danny Stevens experience, yes the dude is real. Throw in the fact the neighbours buy a house on a block that adjoins a cricket ground and whinge that balls go in their yard, it all adds to community cricket.
An outright win this round will see Westies consolidate a finals spot, I don't think their A's or B's will be hindered too much with footy trials so expect the Stephen Sewell led team to ripen come finals, with Bainsy, Wellington and a couple of Creeks in the side anything can happen.
The Gardens have the toughest run home and if the Pirates can bring their AAARRRR game this week the Gardens will have their letterbox smashed to pieces before facing Westies and the Goats after that, Danny Reynolds has been on fire for them so losing him to the A's is going to hurt.
The new team from the leafy suburb of Peninsula have had a mixed introduction to the PDCA after losing their opening rounds. Matthew Stancl has been a standout with the bat but I'm not sure how deep they can go in the finals once footy trials commence. A win this round and then an outright in the final round should see them overtake the Gardens.
Enfield have a sweet run home and have been aided by a few players coming down from the A's, Jesse Goodman has been outstanding with the ball.
ATCO are the could've, should'ves, if their best line up was available every week they'd be up near the top and with the list that they do have they are far better than 7th, with a few Osborne's, Halteh, Lord, the occasional Sutton or two and they could be dangerous, they do have nothing from down below to come up and fill any voids though.
Dublin have been trying to do the right thing by the comp but they would really be better off fielding a one day side for their B's, they did win one game in a row and that was against the highly fancied Billiegoats but it's been a long season and I hope they finish off the season without a forfeit with a couple of decent journeys ahead of them. If you're ever out that way, grab one of their hot dogs with all the trimmings, absolutely superb at a great price, their drinks are cheap too and kudos to the community for chipping in and making the ground the most improved venue in the PDCA over the past 10 years.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:If time permits, I'll do a run home for each grade.

Whose time and why do you need to ask their permission?

Friggin work gets in the way from time to time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 am

Grade 4 by lunch hopefully.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:41 am

One thing I've noticed doing these reviews, how good has Clarko made the draws? every team has alternating home and away matches heading into the finals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 am

What time does the lightning-bedge weekly podcast start?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am

auto wrote:What time does the lightning-bedge weekly podcast start?

7pm.. also do a late night one starting at 9:30pm for those interesting in hearing our more honest views after we have sunk a dozen beers.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:10 am

Eyre Royals 105.26 SW(a), C(h), R(a)
North Pines 99.06 R(a), A(h), SW(a)
NEK 87.11 A(a), SW(h), C(a)
Salisbury West 79.06 ER(h), NEK(a), NP(h)

Enfield 68.36 C(a), R(h), A(a)
Craigmore 65.43 EU(h), ER(a), NEK(h)
Riverside 54.00 NP(h), EU(a), ER(h)
ATCO 40.15 NEK(h), NP(a), EU(h)

The "Good Bloke" league, the grade is littered with them, I'm sure most games are played in great spirit.

The Royals sit top and so the should, 3 of the 4 leading wicket takers with sub 10 averages, and that's without Dylan Chaffey bowling as much as he would of hoped to, that lad has some serious wheels when fully fit, I tried working with him a few years ago but he lacked the confidence to step up to Grade 1, good to see his batting come along since, top spot still up for grabs but I fear a last round win by forfeit may cost them minor premiership.
For a club that I've been critical of over the years I take my hat off to North Pines, Mark Fidock and co. have come along way with teams no longer sandbagging and being successful in the higher grades, they are even looking the goods to return to Grade 1 for the first time in at least 15 years.
Once again they are a team that seems to have no real standouts, Travis Rogers has been tidy with the ball but overall they all seem to play their part, things will fall their way and they will round out the season with a minor premiership, going to be a busy week first week of the finals having a few home teams, great look for the club.
The Knights will keep third spot over arms length away from anyone below them with an outright win this round against a struggling ATCO, after returning to the winners circle last week after three consecutive losses will restore some order and get them back on track. Prisk and Placucci have led the way with the bat and the wickets are well shared showing they aren't reliant on any individual.
Westies are a worry if they can sneak into the 4 given who plays in their D's, it's a redundant call anyway as their run home is too hard and despite their buffer, Enfield will run them down.
The Earwigs will have a great battle with the Blues this round knowing that they can put their slippers on, sit back and smoke a couple of Cubans to take on Riverside and ATCO in the last two rounds, Riverside could very well forfeit given the travel and struggle they've had recently filling two sides, Michael Johns has had a solid season with the bat but moving up to the B's could hurt the team.
The Blues have a great blend of youth and experience and will finish the season off enthusiastically regardless of the results, a tough run home where they may jag a win but more than likely wont, a respectable 6th finish.
A Darren Ireland led Riverside is going to be a fun team to play against and for, hopefully they can scrape 11 blokes together for the next 6 weeks and finish off what they started.
ATCO now face three finals bound teams and after forfeiting against the Royals on the weekend things look bleak considering they could've ridden their gophers there.
I've been a keen observer of this team throughout the season as it's a credit to them all getting together for the one thing we all love "cricket", with an average team age more than most teams oldest bloke I'm sure their Saturday evenings are full of anecdotes over dozens of beers, cramps and bones creaking.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 am

The Bedge wrote:
auto wrote:What time does the lightning-bedge weekly podcast start?

7pm.. also do a late night one starting at 9:30pm for those interesting in hearing our more honest views after we have sunk a dozen beers.

7pm: Silly point.

9:30pm: Out in the deep.

11:30pm: Unsquare legless.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Eyre Royals 105.26 SW(a), C(h), R(a)

The "Good Bloke" league, the grade is littered with them, I'm sure most games are played in great spirit.

The Royals sit top and so the should, 3 of the 4 leading wicket takers with sub 10 averages, and that's without Dylan Chaffey bowling as much as he would of hoped to, that lad has some serious wheels when fully fit, I tried working with him a few years ago but he lacked the confidence to step up to Grade 1, good to see his batting come along since, top spot still up for grabs but I fear a last round win by forfeit may cost them minor premiership.
For a club that I've been critical of over the years I take my hat off to North Pines, Mark Fidock and co. have come along way with teams no longer sandbagging and being successful in the higher grades, they are even looking the goods to return to Grade 1 for the first time in at least 15 years.
Once again they are a team that seems to have no real standouts, Travis Rogers has been tidy with the ball but overall they all seem to play their part, things will fall their way and they will round out the season with a minor premiership, going to be a busy week first week of the finals having a few home teams, great look for the club.
The Knights will keep third spot over arms length away from anyone below them with an outright win this round against a struggling ATCO, after returning to the winners circle last week after three consecutive losses will restore some order and get them back on track. Prisk and Placucci have led the way with the bat and the wickets are well shared showing they aren't reliant on any individual.
Westies are a worry if they can sneak into the 4 given who plays in their D's, it's a redundant call anyway as their run home is too hard and despite their buffer, Enfield will run them down.
The Earwigs will have a great battle with the Blues this round knowing that they can put their slippers on, sit back and smoke a couple of Cubans to take on Riverside and ATCO in the last two rounds, Riverside could very well forfeit given the travel and struggle they've had recently filling two sides, Michael Johns has had a solid season with the bat but moving up to the B's could hurt the team.
The Blues have a great blend of youth and experience and will finish the season off enthusiastically regardless of the results, a tough run home where they may jag a win but more than likely wont, a respectable 6th finish.
A Darren Ireland led Riverside is going to be a fun team to play against and for, hopefully they can scrape 11 blokes together for the next 6 weeks and finish off what they started.
ATCO now face three finals bound teams and after forfeiting against the Royals on the weekend things look bleak considering they could've ridden their gophers there.
I've been a keen observer of this team throughout the season as it's a credit to them all getting together for the one thing we all love "cricket", with an average team age more than most teams oldest bloke I'm sure their Saturday evenings are full of anecdotes over dozens of beers, cramps and bones creaking.

Great write-up, LM!
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The "Good Bloke" league,.

Featuring blondie :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:17 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The "Good Bloke" league,.

Featuring blondie :lol:

I was gonna write "with exception".

He is actually a "Good Bloke", may suffer a little from white line fever, look out if he gets out early and then rushes out to umpire.

Every young lad is called "Youth"

"Chase it down Youth"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:42 am

I'm glad Dublin play Riverside this week, might be a chance to fill their shit out from 12 days ago, on the downside it's at Dublin so we may have to wait for an away game so they have internet.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spudoligist » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:00 am

Yea we’re still running on dialup out at Dublin. Sorry champ
Spudoligist
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:16 am

Spudoligist wrote:Yea we’re still running on dialup out at Dublin. Sorry champ

Welcome about Potato Analyst, do you play out there?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:41 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.41 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Slowleftarm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Eyre Royals 105.26 SW(a), C(h), R(a)

NEK just need a few more people to fire so when Prisky and Placucci have quite games the team can still post a decent score.
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 am

The Bedge wrote:

Capture.JPG

I remember the days where you flick it on, go have a cone, make a coffee and get back just in time for it to let you start surfing.

Then the missus would walk in with 47 pages open along the bottom and you're shutting them down like crazy pretending something went horribly wrong.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Capture.JPG

I remember the days where you flick it on, go have a cone, make a coffee and get back just in time for it to let you start surfing.

Then the missus would walk in with 47 pages open along the bottom and you're shutting them down like crazy pretending something went horribly wrong.

I remember having to disconnect so mum could use the phone.. or trying to connect late at night and shoving something over the modem to try and make it quieter so mum wouldn't hear it so i could search for porn and cool shit or download games for my emulator. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps