I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 pm

The moderation of this site is really slipping...
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:26 pm

HH3 wrote:The moderation of this site is really slipping...

Wedgie’s on holidays, didn’t he tell ya?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

No! Where'd he go?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:34 pm

HH3 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

No! Where'd he go?

On a swingers cruise ship apparently.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
HH3 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

No! Where'd he go?

On a swingers cruise ship apparently.

Got a link for it?

Looking for a cruise around Christmas.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Booney wrote:My Health Record - Who has opted out?

No reason to opt out IMO, if my file was leaked it would be poor reading
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby DOC » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:39 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

me, at the advice of my doctor.

Your Doctor told you that other Doctors should not have access to your records?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:00 am

DOC wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

me, at the advice of my doctor.

Your Doctor told you that other Doctors should not have access to your records?

It's pretty much what my GP advised I do too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:13 am

I find this quite odd, but, I appreciate that this will not be the place to discuss.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 am

DOC wrote:I find this quite odd, but, I appreciate that this will not be the place to discuss.

Doc's orders.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 am

DOC wrote:I find this quite odd, but, I appreciate that this will not be the place to discuss.

Besides being overweight I'm in good health, nothing sinister to hide/shy away from, it was his view that the system will only be as good as the information entered into it and his words "I simply won't have time to be entering any of your details into it", he felt his colleagues were all of the same opinion, it will most likely be scant on detail and outdated by the time records are updated.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:13 am

Thoughts? Anyone else seen the footage?

Driver screams at cyclists while riding along a bike path

A foul-mouthed motorist has divided opinion online after overtaking two cyclists by swerving on to the bike path and hurling abuse at the riders who were spread out across the road.

A video of the incident, which happened on NSW’s South Coast, has been shared widely around social media and has attracted a lot of attention.

The footage shows the angry motorist driving along Swamp Rd, between Dunmore and Jamberoo, when he comes up to two cyclists riding next to each other on the road despite there being a bike path right next to them.

The driver then swerves on to the cycling path and speeds past the bikers, screaming insults at them as he does so.

“What’s the point of us spending this money if you’re not going to use it, you f***ing d**kheads,” he can be heard yelling out the window.

One of the cyclists yells back, telling the driver to “pull over so I can have a chat”.

But the irate motorist wasn’t interested in talking, screaming “F**k off, f***ing idiot … use the bike track” before speeding away.

On one post, made by Facebook page CarMafia and credited to Thomas Harris, the video has already been viewed two million times and racked up over 21,000 comments.

Many social media users praised the driver for his expletive filled rant, with the Facebook page asking if anyone thinks he “deserves Australian of the year”.

“He makes a good point. Why ride on the road when there is a perfectly good bike path,” one person said.

The driver filmed himself speeding along the bike lane to overtake the cyclists.
The driver filmed himself speeding along the bike lane to overtake the cyclists.Source:Facebook

The driver’s actions have divided opinion online.
The driver’s actions have divided opinion online.Source:Facebook

“This accurately depicts what is wrong with cyclists and road rules,” another said.

One commenter likened the act to “p**sing in the garden when you could use the dunny”.

But not everyone agreed with the driver’s actions, with some social media users slamming others for encouraging the abuse of cyclists.

“Mouths off but doesn’t pull over when confronted. You’re tough bro,” one person said.

One commenter claimed the driver should have his licence taken away.

“Video of some cyclists legally riding on the road and some nob in a car illegally driving on a pedestrian/bike path,” another said.

One person noted that many bike tracks are poorly maintained, making it “extremely uncomfortable to ride with a stiff road bike and can lead to punctures”.

It is legal for cyclists in NSW to ride two abreast so long as there is no more than 1.5 metres between them.

However, according to the NSW Road Users’ Handbook, cyclists “must use the bike lane where one is available”.

A cyclist caught not riding in a bicycle lane could get a $112 fine, while a motorist caught driving in a bicycle lane could get a $187 fine.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am

it was hilarious... The cyclists were taking up the whole road... THERE WAS A BIKE LANE RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROAD!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 am

woodublieve12 wrote:it was hilarious... The cyclists were taking up the whole road... THERE WAS A BIKE LANE RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROAD!!!

A significant percentage of cyclists are a special breed - as in, thoughtless, arrogant, ignorant & just plain selfish. Not all of them, but a significant percentage.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 am

Even funnier that the 2 cyclists are cops - https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/sto ... IeRqnPR2YE

IMO all 3 are in the wrong, however the driver is the only one breaking the law.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 am

Spargo wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:it was hilarious... The cyclists were taking up the whole road... THERE WAS A BIKE LANE RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROAD!!!

A significant percentage of cyclists are a special breed - as in, thoughtless, arrogant, ignorant & just plain selfish. Not all of them, but a significant percentage.

As are all road users....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 am

Dutchy wrote:Even funnier that the 2 cyclists are cops - https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/sto ... IeRqnPR2YE

IMO all 3 are in the wrong, however the driver is the only one breaking the law.

Is it legal to ride two abreast and take up the whole lane? Even if there is a bike lane?

I'm an avid cyclist but I respect vehicles so I'll only ride on the road if there is no alternative, and stick as close as possible to the kerb or side of the road.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Even funnier that the 2 cyclists are cops - https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/sto ... IeRqnPR2YE

Is it legal to ride two abreast and take up the whole lane? Even if there is a bike lane?

I'm an avid cyclist but I respect vehicles so I'll only ride on the road if there is no alternative, and stick as close as possible to the kerb or side of the road.

Correct it is legal to ride 2 a breast, the theory is that if you are riding in a group then motorists should treat you like a slow moving vehicle and overtake when safe.

Many cyclists believe this is safer than single file and allowing cars to squeeze past in their lane.

I disagree personally, only time I ride 2 a breast is on quiet country roads and quickly go single file when a car is behind us. I prefer to ride as far possible to the left when on the road, sometimes im even in the gutter, my theory is I would prefer to get side swiped at worst than hit right up the clacker. I have many Facebook fights with cyclists on this which is a bit of fun, they can be a weird lot, but I know Im not going to win any collision with a car.

Due to a lot of the current anger I ride mainly on bike paths now (or roads with bike lanes), luckily I live only 2kms from a bike path network that runs for 40kms all the way to Willunga
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:38 am

Dutchy wrote:Correct it is legal to ride 2 a breast, the theory is that if you are riding in a group then motorists should treat you like a slow moving vehicle and overtake when safe.

Many cyclists believe this is safer than single file and allowing cars to squeeze past in their lane.

I disagree personally, only time I ride 2 a breast is on quiet country roads and quickly go single file when a car is behind us. I prefer to ride as far possible to the left when on the road, sometimes im even in the gutter, my theory is I would prefer to get side swiped at worst than hit right up the clacker. I have many Facebook fights with cyclists on this which is a bit of fun, they can be a weird lot, but I know Im not going to win any collision with a car.

Due to a lot of the current anger I ride mainly on bike paths now (or roads with bike lanes), luckily I live only 2kms from a bike path network that runs for 40kms all the way to Willunga

This is where the government needs to spend more, trying to ride from Prospect to Gawler is crazy, if you go down Main North Road you have parts where there is no bike lane, if you try to take a safer route then you end up doing an extra 10-15kms.

We are all about being healthier, carpooling etc for the environment but there's limited options.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spangas » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 am

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Correct it is legal to ride 2 a breast, the theory is that if you are riding in a group then motorists should treat you like a slow moving vehicle and overtake when safe.

It's illegal to ride 2 abreast when a bike lane is available.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion