WAFC President

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: WAFC President

Postby mots02 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Booney wrote:Perhaps not the right time, but, "The Club is always bigger than the individual"

Not always the easiest pill to swallow, I can vouch for that.

Have followed this a bit on various forums.... and agree with that statement.

BUT - the individual always deserves some respect, particularly when its been earned in the manner it has by Lee.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 pm

oldfella wrote:Probably an issue of respect and this is not the only issue which i prefer not to discuss.

You say one on one on a phone ok in a business environment but in a footy club environment especially to a long serving life member,maybe not right perhaps a one on one face to face was more appropriate but we all have different opinions which is great.

I guess by the time a face to face meeting was arranged the news may have filtered out another way which would be much worse than hearing the news over the phone.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Booney wrote:Perhaps not the right time, but, "The Club is always bigger than the individual"

Yep, not easy but with the history they have with the club Im sure they will still be around the place making it better.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:Dont think being advised by phone call is any great issue is it?

If by text or email I agree but whats wrong win a one on one phone call?

I think face to face would be better, I think he deserved that
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Over the phone! You must work for a bank.

He was the Clubs President. Not hard to have called them in to tell them first then announce publicly.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

DOC wrote:Over the phone! You must work for a bank.

He was the Clubs President. Not hard to have called them in to tell them first then announce publicly.

100%
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 pm

DOC wrote:Over the phone! You must work for a bank.

Agree 100%.
Over the phone is taking the easy way out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby oldfella » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Yep, not easy but with the history they have with the club Im sure they will still be around the place making it better.

Cannot disagree with either of you except to suggest alternately they walk away as have so many club legends from west adelaide have done sadly
oldfella
Under 16s

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 pm

If they walk then neither party wins
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby robranisgod » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Brodlach wrote:Wasn’t sacked, the board stood down to allow a new management system. He wasn’t selected on the new panel I’m guessing much to his disappointment .

Should have received more than a phone call though IMO but that’s the impersonal times we live in.

The former President believes he was sacked. He posted the following on Facebook :

"Devastated. Just been advised by phone that I have been sacked as West Adelaide Football Club President. Corporatisation seems to be the way they want the club to go."
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Interesting, how can you be sacked if you have agreed, like the entire board, to step down?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Was it correct that he only became President because no one else would do it?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Brett » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Seems like the new Board are passionate West people which is great , with a mix of business skills. Cant see the issue myself. Its sounding like a few are up in arms due to his length of service and think he deserves to still be in his role solely because of that. I think that says a lot . Looks like a board of very competent people and I think all clubs need that . He wasn't sacked from how I am reading it. Sounds to me like a professional approach is underway .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Brett wrote:Seems like the new Board are passionate West people which is great , with a mix of business skills. Cant see the issue myself. Its sounding like a few are up in arms due to his length of service and think he deserves to still be in his role solely because of that. I think that says a lot . Looks like a board of very competent people and I think all clubs need that . He wasn't sacked from how I am reading it. Sounds to me like a professional approach is underway .

If sacking someone via phone is professional, then yes!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Brett wrote:Cant see the issue myself. Its sounding like a few are up in arms due to his length of service and think he deserves to still be in his role solely because of that. I think that says a lot.

Says a lot about what?
Please show me where anyone has posted he should keep his role solely on his length of service.
The bloke’s a respected & successful practising accountant that’s turned things around at the club for the better.
Maybe take in all the facts first.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:32 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Brett wrote:Seems like the new Board are passionate West people which is great , with a mix of business skills. Cant see the issue myself. Its sounding like a few are up in arms due to his length of service and think he deserves to still be in his role solely because of that. I think that says a lot . Looks like a board of very competent people and I think all clubs need that . He wasn't sacked from how I am reading it. Sounds to me like a professional approach is underway .

If sacking someone via phone is professional, then yes!

I didnt say that and if you refer to my previous comments I said it was not appropriate.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:Cant see the issue myself. Its sounding like a few are up in arms due to his length of service and think he deserves to still be in his role solely because of that. I think that says a lot.

Says a lot about what?
Please show me where anyone has posted he should keep his role solely on his length of service.
The bloke’s a respected & successful practising accountant that’s turned things around at the club for the better.

Says that people think because you have been given long standing service you deserve to hold or be in a position of authority . If you can show me they do then please share .
Yourself insinuated that he should be in the position because of his service and so have others .
I never said he wasnt respected and questioned his role or questioned his character.

Maybe read all and take in the facts as well. I hear Gary Metcalf was a great bloke too ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Says a lot about what?

1 - Says that people think because you have been given long standing service you deserve to hold or be in a position of authority . If you can show me they do then please share .
2 - Yourself insinuated that he should be in the position because of his service and so have others .
3 - I never said he wasnt respected and questioned his role or questioned his character.

4 - Maybe read all and take in the facts as well. 5 - I hear Gary Metcalf was a great bloke too ?

1 - Umm, no, please read my previous post in full.
2 - No I didn’t.
3 - Good for you.
4 - I have thanks.
5 - Relevance?

It’s pretty obvious you’re a previous poster with a new name.

Spargo
Coach

Postby LMA » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:36 am

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Says a lot about what?

1 - Says that people think because you have been given long standing service you deserve to hold or be in a position of authority . If you can show me they do then please share .
2 - Yourself insinuated that he should be in the position because of his service and so have others .
3 - I never said he wasnt respected and questioned his role or questioned his character.

4 - Maybe read all and take in the facts as well. 5 - I hear Gary Metcalf was a great bloke too ?

1 - Umm, no, please read my previous post in full.
2 - No I didn’t.
3 - Good for you.
4 - I have thanks.
5 - Relevance?

It’s pretty obvious you’re a previous poster with a new name.[/
quote]

Brett Michael? Singer from Poison
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District