The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:northern connector is about $885 mil and northern expressway was $564 mil apparently.

i dare say a big chunk of the price for the remaining section is compulsory buy backs. land value would be higher through there than some of the other sections wouldnt it?

So we're at $2.4 ( in round numbers ) for the Northern connector, T2T and Superway.....$5bn seems an awful lot of money.

and the tunnel is going a very long way. Tonsley to Torrens right?

Absolutely it is, Hindmarsh Cemetery to Torrens Road, 3.6kms, Hindmarsh Cemetery to Tonsley Hotel, 11kms. Anzac Highway and Cross Roads are done.

I'm not questioning it's merit, or the cost, just where is it going to come from? I can't see Shorten promising Marshall to split it 50/50 as an election promise and is Morrison does it's worth nothing as he's a dead man walking.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Would love to know how much these bypasses have effected businesses along the routes.

I am not against the development it was just a thought
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Is the freight route from Monarto to Port Adelaide still going ahead
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm

cracka wrote:Is the freight route from Monarto to Port Adelaide still going ahead

Unlikely, stupid idea.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:03 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:$5bn for Torrens to Tonsley, oh yeah, where you finding that sort of coin?
Hello toll roads [emoji6]

I'm not against Toll roads, user pays system is fine by me.

I'd also like to see a tunnel going from the last arrester bed on the downtrack to Ayliffes Rd & join the Southern Expressway.

Outside of peak hour traffic, Adelaide's traffic lights are pretty well in sync & as a driver, getting around is a dream compared to Melbourne & Sydney. Getting trucks off of Portrush (if freight route is still going ahead), Cross & South roads (from Torrens river to Tonsley) would make it awesome.
cracka
Veteran

Postby DOC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 am

Booney wrote:
cracka wrote:Is the freight route from Monarto to Port Adelaide still going ahead

Unlikely, stupid idea.

Yep. The 24 hour export only Airport for Monarto is the most absurd suggestion that has made it this far in all my working life. Laughable.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby cracka » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm

DOC wrote:
Booney wrote:

Unlikely, stupid idea.

Yep. The 24 hour export only Airport for Monarto is the most absurd suggestion that has made it this far in all my working life. Laughable.

Yeah agree with the airport being a dumb idea but I would have thought people would be happy with getting the majority of trucks off the freeway & Portrush Rd & also having the freight trains bypassing the suburbs.
cracka
Veteran

Postby stan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:57 pm

In terms of airports we haven't done ourselves any favours for expansions or additional runways with it's current location.

Add to that the curfew because it's metro based and it's a real set of problems.

Perhaps if some one had the foresight and master planing skills to look at a location that's outer metro - probably North of the city and not out at Monato such that it can connect to the city via the Northern motorway or South road upgrades then that might be an idea.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby shoe boy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:14 am

Vicky "born to rule " Chapman , why has this bitch not been sacked ! or is it just a matter of time.

Libs are looking very much like their Fed mates .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:12 am

Deputy Premier Vickie Chapman will not face criminal charges over accusations she breached the state’s ICAC Act, Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has announced.

In a brief statement on Tuesday afternoon, Mr Stevens said he’d received a formal response from the Director of Public Prosecutions.

“As a result of the advice provided through the Office of the DPP there will be no further investigation or other action taken in relation to the matter involving the Attorney-General and no further comment will be made,” he said.

Accusations Ms Chapman had breached the Act by linking the absences of two public servants with the Independent Commission Against Corruption were last week referred to the DPP by SA Police following a full anti-corruption branch investigation.

Earlier on Tuesday, Mr Marshall said Mr Stevens had told him police did not recommend the DPP to prosecute Ms Chapman when it referred the file.

“Those that are asserting that there is some prosecution pending is just false and misleading and it’s something that I wanted to clear up,” Mr Marshall said on Tuesday.

“So I asked the Commissioner has there been a recommendation made for prosecution and the answer was no, it’s as simple as that.
DOC
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 pm

DOC wrote:Deputy Premier Vickie Chapman will not face criminal charges over accusations she breached the state’s ICAC Act, Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has announced.

In a brief statement on Tuesday afternoon, Mr Stevens said he’d received a formal response from the Director of Public Prosecutions.

“As a result of the advice provided through the Office of the DPP there will be no further investigation or other action taken in relation to the matter involving the Attorney-General and no further comment will be made,” he said.

Accusations Ms Chapman had breached the Act by linking the absences of two public servants with the Independent Commission Against Corruption were last week referred to the DPP by SA Police following a full anti-corruption branch investigation.

Earlier on Tuesday, Mr Marshall said Mr Stevens had told him police did not recommend the DPP to prosecute Ms Chapman when it referred the file.

“Those that are asserting that there is some prosecution pending is just false and misleading and it’s something that I wanted to clear up,” Mr Marshall said on Tuesday.

“So I asked the Commissioner has there been a recommendation made for prosecution and the answer was no, it’s as simple as that.

Making Koutsantonis look like a complete prat.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
DOC wrote:Deputy Premier Vickie Chapman will not face criminal charges over accusations she breached the state’s ICAC Act, Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has announced.

Marshall is the twat who asked the commissioner for information on the investigation before the findings were handed down.

If there was smoke he would have had Chapman out the door in the blink of an eye. No need to rush, the voters will take care of that soon enough.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Booney wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Marshall is the twat who asked the commissioner for information on the investigation before the findings were handed down.

If there was smoke he would have had Chapman out the door in the blink of an eye. No need to rush, the voters will take care of that soon enough.

Huh? Chapman got 63.1% of the Primary vote last year!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:49 pm

She'll hold her safe seat, the party will lose power.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Booney wrote:She'll hold her safe seat, the party will lose power.

Bet they wont
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bet they wont

I bet they will
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 pm

All will be revealed in three short years.
DOC
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bet they wont

If you knife this leader you're a chance.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am

shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bet they wont

I bet they will

I only bet with people I know will pay up
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Grenville » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Bet they wont

I bet they will

I only bet with people I know will pay up

No politicians then.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics