The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Booney wrote:
Groucho wrote:Why can't they play with the U18s?

Might have something to do with them not being under 18.

Time slot I think he means
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Rising Power » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Groucho wrote:
Rising Power wrote:
Groucho wrote:
More Beer wrote:How much better would this photo (and the league) look by removing the one on each end:

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/12/13/201 ... re-launch/

Someone has to say it.

How much better would this photo (and the league) look by removing the one on each end and also removing the front row.

Hate how SANFL has moved league games forward an hour to fit SANFLW games in after. Screwed up my whole Saturday routine. I will NOT be staying to watch SANFLW. Will player presentations be moved back after home games to include the women's game. I hope not.

Yep send them back to the kitchen where they belong :roll:

Thanks for your sarcasm but that wasn't my meaning. I am not against females playing football per se but I have zero interest in it. They don't belong with the League and Reserves teams. Why can't they play with the U18s?

I'm guessing they're aiming to be on equal footing with the mens teams, so playing at the same ground immediately after (possibly before?) would bring that all together. Combined presentations seem a real possibility but at worst a good excuse for another beer(s).
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Groucho » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Thank you Dutchy. Yes. Before or after the U18s instead of with the League and Reserves.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Groucho wrote:Why can't they play with the U18s?

Might have something to do with them not being under 18.

Time slot I think he means

Yes, I know.

Many of the Womens teams have some of the men from the respective clubs helping out coaching, a good thing to develop their game faster.

Having them after the league or before the reserves makes sense to me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Groucho » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:53 pm

OK. I love football but I find 3 games in a day too many. I would prefer if the SANFLW game was played at 9 am before the Reserves.

If that is the case (combined player presentations). I will be leaving at the conclusion of the League (male) game and going home and miss the player presentations, something I enjoy doing. Club miss out on me buying meal and drinks.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:13 am

This is the whinge thread.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 am

Booney wrote:This is the whinge thread.

The SANFL version of "Things that give you the Shits" thread.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am

Dwayne Russell on SEN says the AFL reserves comp is all go for 2021 and that Adelaide and Port will leave the SANFL.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:13 am

Mitch Grigg confirms that he will not join an AFL side in any mid season draft.In essence he said that they have had a chance to pick you up, they didn't so why do that to yourself and your club.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby StrayDog » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 am

DOC wrote:Mitch Grigg confirms that he will not join an AFL side in any mid season draft.In essence he said that they have had a chance to pick you up, they didn't so why do that to yourself and your club.

A champion on and off the field then.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby northerner » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Groucho wrote:OK. I love football but I find 3 games in a day too many. I would prefer if the SANFLW game was played at 9 am before the Reserves.

If that is the case (combined player presentations). I will be leaving at the conclusion of the League (male) game and going home and miss the player presentations, something I enjoy doing. Club miss out on me buying meal and drinks.

Centrals Presentations will be held after the league (Mens) game. They will be brought forward from the 6pm time slot of last year.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Groucho » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:14 pm

northerner wrote:
Groucho wrote:OK. I love football but I find 3 games in a day too many. I would prefer if the SANFLW game was played at 9 am before the Reserves.

Centrals Presentations will be held after the league (Mens) game. They will be brought forward from the 6pm time slot of last year.

OK. Good news thanks N.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby LMA » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:50 pm

DOC wrote:Mitch Grigg confirms that he will not join an AFL side in any mid season draft.In essence he said that they have had a chance to pick you up, they didn't so why do that to yourself and your club.

No surprise him saying that, he's been there done that. Someone who hasn't tasted AFL might be harder for the clubs to keep though
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby therisingblues » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Posted By Booney on the Season 2019 Thread:

he SANFL announced on Friday that it had changed its rule and both the Port and Crows reserves teams would be able to field one marquee contracted player – such as Summerton – in every match.

----

SANFL football general manger Adam Kelly said the original rule was introduced in the first year of fielding AFL reserves teams in the state league in 2014 to uphold the integrity of the competition.

Kelly said the former stipulation had not contemplated that all 21 AFL-listed players would be available, resulting in no top-up players lining up in a league match.

“The provisions of the licence agreement … were included to ensure that the teams of each (AFL) club were playing the line and wanting to win,” Kelly said.

Both clubs have honoured this principle and demonstrated through their players a commitment to the contest and respect for the competition.

“Ultimately, the SANFL has agreed with Port Adelaide that it is appropriate that the marquee player be able to be selected before an AFL-listed player on the occasion that 21 are available for SANFL selection.”

-----

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sanfl-rul ... fc7b67eb43

What a load of shit!

integrity, playing the line wanting to win, respect for the competition

...all until someone starts playing too well and the coaching staff decides he's be better rested up for bigger and better things in the serious league the following week.
They just write whatever they like, regardless of what is actually happening, and expect that their words, rather than actual deeds, become the offering of proof that the reserves are actually taking this league seriously.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby Brett » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Speaking of Intregity . Port whingeing , yes again , about the AO hotel . FFS was it not them that initiated the move there ?Oh yes it was ! I say pack your bags and play at Alberton and sort it yourself. Leaches .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby harric » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:59 am

Brett wrote:Speaking of Intregity . Port whingeing , yes again , about the AO hotel . FFS was it not them that initiated the move there ?Oh yes it was ! I say pack your bags and play at Alberton and sort it yourself. Leaches .
Port were asked for some information about AO in a parliamentary enquiry about the operation of the place. If you have re aad a few if the articles it states that Port asked the SMA for more detailed and were denied this, hence they cannot provide a reasonable response without the correct details.

The Crowd were asked for the same input.

Also Port and the Crows are pushing for a seat on the SMA table, this has been constant for some time bit was stated again in recent articles.
harric
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 am

harric wrote:
Brett wrote:Speaking of Intregity . Port whingeing , yes again , about the AO hotel . FFS was it not them that initiated the move there ?Oh yes it was ! I say pack your bags and play at Alberton and sort it yourself. Leaches .
Port were asked for some information about AO in a parliamentary enquiry about the operation of the place. If you have re aad a few if the articles it states that Port asked the SMA for more detailed and were denied this, hence they cannot provide a reasonable response without the correct details.

Also Port and the Crows are pushing for a seat on the SMA table, this has been constant for some time bit was stated again in recent articles.

Now pafc and crows want to control Adelaide oval revenue and take control of sma.

Anyone else surprised even after a $9 million uplift in revenue for the afl clubs by moving to Adelaide Oval. That they contributed nothing towards.

The afl clubs still want more.

Pafc nearly bankrupted sa football and now wants to control its finances.

Unbelievable.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby harric » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 am

UK Fan wrote:
harric wrote:

Now pafc and crows want to control Adelaide oval revenue and take control of sma.

Anyone else surprised even after a $9 million uplift in revenue for the afl clubs by moving to Adelaide Oval. That they contributed nothing towards.

Unbelievable.
No this is not correct. 1 seat each will not give them control of the SMA, only visability of the finances.

I can understand why the SANFL are so concerned with protecting there SMA share after the WAFL stadium decision.
harric
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby UK Fan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 am

harric wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
harric wrote:

Unbelievable.
No this is not correct. 1 seat each will not give them control of the SMA, only visability of the finances.

I can understand why the SANFL are so concerned with protecting there SMA share after the WAFL stadium decision.

They want more control of the revenue simple. Otherwise they’d be happy with the status quo.

Has saca got visibility of smas finances ?

If not why do port and crows need it ?
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby tipper » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:34 am

UK Fan wrote:
They want more control of the revenue simple. Otherwise they’d be happy with the status quo.

Has saca got visibility of smas finances ?

If not why do port and crows need it ?

or for that matter, any of the promotions companies that book concerts or monster trucks or whatever, lol.

the afl clubs are a tennant. the tennants in my rental property dont get a look at my finances, or any say in what i do with the money

on a related note, and im asking because i dont actually know, does anyone know if any of the victorian clubs have representation in the management of the melbourne stadiums? mcg or marvel stadium? if be amazed if they did
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL