Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Newsreaders that mispronounce names, you have one job.

SEN is terrible for this

I miss George Donikian.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MatteeG » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:People that don't have their dogs on a lead on bike paths, nearly ran straight over a large rat last night.

Possibly better than having the dog on a leash, thereby creating a tripwire!

Perhaps resolve the peeve to "people with dogs on bike paths".

its a shared path so I understand there are going to be people walking their dogs, and the ones that have leads are fine and almost all people grab a short lead on them to make sure I have plenty of room to pass, some dickheads let their dogs run free though 8)

Last night was a full lock up on my brakes, took about $10 of tread off my tyres, while trying to avoid the rat which was just staring at me, all while clipped into my pedals...FFS

Got any Go Pro footage mate? :D
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 am

MatteeG wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:People that don't have their dogs on a lead on bike paths, nearly ran straight over a large rat last night.

Possibly better than having the dog on a leash, thereby creating a tripwire!

Perhaps resolve the peeve to "people with dogs on bike paths".

its a shared path so I understand there are going to be people walking their dogs, and the ones that have leads are fine and almost all people grab a short lead on them to make sure I have plenty of room to pass, some dickheads let their dogs run free though 8)

Last night was a full lock up on my brakes, took about $10 of tread off my tyres, while trying to avoid the rat which was just staring at me, all while clipped into my pedals...FFS

Got any Go Pro footage mate? :D

haha thankfully stayed upright, unlike a week ago at the corner of Black Rd/South Rd unclipped my right shoe but started leaning left, very :oops: :oops: stack...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:24 am

So my wife is away on a cruise for the weekend so its me and the boys, thought Id try the new Indian place in the area due to some excellent reviews.

My boys love Butter Chicken so thats an automatic selection, then scour the menu for something else taking particular note of anything with cashew nuts in the sauce as my son is allergic to them, settle on a Lamb Madras.

Halfway thru dinner 12yo complains that his throat is itchy and his eyes are getting watery, I assured him I made sure the Madras didnt have cashews and to have a big gulp of water, 5 mins late and he is still complaining so I check the menu, yep no cashews on the Madras good job Dad, then scan my eyes onto the Butter Chicken and see that the sauce has cashew nuts!!!! FFS every butter chicken they have had form other Indian places has never had them...

Luckily we live 5 mins from Flinders Emergency so off we go, 6 hours later we get home, all good thankfully.

Medical staff brilliant, 12yo had a day off school, Dad feeling very guilty and yet to make a call to the wife :oops:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 am

Dutchy wrote:So my wife is away on a cruise for the weekend so its me and the boys, thought Id try the new Indian place in the area due to some excellent reviews.

My boys love Butter Chicken so thats an automatic selection, then scour the menu for something else taking particular note of anything with cashew nuts in the sauce as my son is allergic to them, settle on a Lamb Madras.

Halfway thru dinner 12yo complains that his throat is itchy and his eyes are getting watery, I assured him I made sure the Madras didnt have cashews and to have a big gulp of water, 5 mins late and he is still complaining so I check the menu, yep no cashews on the Madras good job Dad, then scan my eyes onto the Butter Chicken and see that the sauce has cashew nuts!!!! FFS every butter chicken they have had form other Indian places has never had them...

Luckily we live 5 mins from Flinders Emergency so off we go, 6 hours later we get home, all good thankfully.

Medical staff brilliant, 12yo had a day off school, Dad feeling very guilty and yet to make a call to the wife :oops:

Shit mate, no good deed goes unpunished.

I hope all is well.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Alaska » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 am

Lucky one there Dutchy.
@Dutchy are you picking the wife up, if so could you let me know what time they are available. My wife heads off on Tuesday and gets back Saturday due in at 7.00am but does not know how long it will take to disembark as it has taken hours previously. It is a fair drive from the Hills so a bit of advance notice would be good.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 am

Dutchy wrote:So my wife is away on a cruise for the weekend so its me and the boys, thought Id try the new Indian place in the area due to some excellent reviews.

She doesn't need to know just yet. Maybe just casually drop it in the conversation...
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:46 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

She doesn't need to know just yet. Maybe just casually drop it in the conversation...

On the other hand maybe it could be time for the lad to start his own checks for cashews as a back up for Dad......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Just made the call, all good!

Lad is fine, he slept into 10am, gets a day off school and gets to watch the NBA allstar game!

Ironically only 2 weeks ago we got a referral to get him tested again as we thought he may have grown out of the allergy, one less appointment we need to keep at least!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Alaska wrote:Lucky one there Dutchy.
@Dutchy are you picking the wife up, if so could you let me know what time they are available. My wife heads off on Tuesday and gets back Saturday due in at 7.00am but does not know how long it will take to disembark as it has taken hours previously. It is a fair drive from the Hills so a bit of advance notice would be good.

Yeah picking up around 8.30am/9.00am tomorrow, not sure what time they get in though, hope its not later as I have to be in Victor by 11.30am.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:01 am

I think my dehydrators on the fritz. Put some jerky in last night. Recommended time was 5 hours, put it on for 6 because I knew it's a bit shit at the moment, and still moist this morning.

Chucked it back on for 4 hours on the way out this morning.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Being back at work!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:44 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Being back at work!!!!

Did you go somewhere?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:59 pm

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Being back at work!!!!

Did you go somewhere?

went on a holiday, kept it pretty low key
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:01 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Where to?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Where to?

Brisbane or Thailand I think
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:39 pm

HH3 wrote:

Kids would've loved it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Kids would've loved it.

unfortunately they didn't come...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:44 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Ahhh, a blokes getaway, nice.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Ahhh, a blokes getaway, nice.

nah, went with a lady friend...
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion