Salary Cap Investigations

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:32 am

Oval Ball wrote:My mate at the SANFL said it has been very quiet at the offices today about last nights hearing. He did say it went well past midnight before a decision was made, but he also said Josh Glenn's week from hell just got a lot more interesting apparently the boy has failed a SANFL drug test. So no free ride with this one.

I doubt it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:14 pm

http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/salary-cap-set-for-2019-20/

League trying to nudge the clubs into just adopting the CFB salary cap without our Adelaide Footy League only carve-outs?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Trader » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:10 pm

What were the previous carve-outs that are no longer proposed?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Trader wrote:What were the previous carve-outs that are no longer proposed?

$3,000 rather than $3,500 per week, no marquee players (carve out may not have been the best expression)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Trader » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:47 pm

So the Saafl are relaxing the restrictions, allowing clubs to have more say. I would have thought that's a good thing.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am

Trader wrote:So the Saafl are relaxing the restrictions, allowing clubs to have more say. I would have thought that's a good thing.

If the Clubs follow through with it it would be a great thing
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Anyone following this story re Adelaide City in the soccer comp?

Would seem relative to the SANFL/CFB soccer does not **** around.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:21 pm

I actually heard about 3 weeks ago, when I was in Mt Gambier, that a club has been investigated

No idea who obviously but my guess it'd have to be a club down that way
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I actually heard about 3 weeks ago, when I was in Mt Gambier, that a club has been investigated

I think its Kybybolite
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I actually heard about 3 weeks ago, when I was in Mt Gambier, that a club has been investigated

I think its Kybybolite

really? I don't know anywhere near enough about the comps down there but I would've guessed a penola or a padthaway or maybe kaniva.

Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Local GSFL Man » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:41 pm

would more then likely be Kaniva because how can Stribling, Murphy, De Visser, Hitchcock, Thiele, Brown and Snook just to name a few Sanfl League experience all be in salary cap
Local GSFL Man

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Local GSFL Man wrote:would more then likely be Kaniva because how can Stribling, Murphy, De Visser, Hitchcock, Thiele, Brown and Snook just to name a few Sanfl League experience all be in salary cap
Travel allowance is attractive
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Dirty dog » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:29 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Local GSFL Man wrote:would more then likely be Kaniva because how can Stribling, Murphy, De Visser, Hitchcock, Thiele, Brown and Snook just to name a few Sanfl League experience all be in salary cap

Only 1 reason you would wake up Saturday morning and drive 4 hours into Victoria to play football and it’s not to get a Kitchener bun at the Boardertown bakery.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby locky801 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:05 am

Dirty dog wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Only 1 reason you would wake up Saturday morning and drive 4 hours into Victoria to play football and it’s not to get a Kitchener bun at the Boardertown bakery.

i dont know, their kitchener buns are awesome ;) ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:18 am

locky801 wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

i dont know, their kitchener buns are awesome ;) ;)

I only realised on my drive back from Mt Gambier, that the Keith branch of Morning Loaf has closed down :(

Footy Chick

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

I think its Kybybolite

really? I don't know anywhere near enough about the comps down there but I would've guessed a penola or a padthaway or maybe kaniva.

Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Yeah I heard it in the front bar of the Henley Hotel last week.....apparently an ex employee of the club wasn't happy when he got his marching orders.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 am

For those too lazy to head into the country leagues forums

SANFL Media release

Kybybolite FC accepts penalties
for player salary cap breach

Kybybolite Football Club in the State’s south east has accepted fines totalling $18,350 and will be stripped of 16 premiership points (the equivalent of 4 wins) in 2019 for breaches of player payment regulations.

In addition to penalties imposed on the club, player Lachlan McGregor has been suspended for eight matches and fined $3,500 for accepting a sign-on payment.

Charges for breaches of regulations pertaining to the Player Payment Salary Cap were laid by SANFL Community Football earlier this month against the club, as well as McGregor, another player whose name is suppressed, senior coach at the time of the breaches, Tim Leehane, and club official John Cooper.

The charges against the club, which competes in the Kowree-Naracoorte-Tatiara Football League (KNTFL), were in relation to upfront sign-on payments and offers made to three players in the lead up to the 2018 season, along with a breach of the match payment limit and failing to declare full payment details.

The charges followed an investigation by SANFL’s Player Payments Investigation Committee.

A summary of the penalties is as follows:

Club penalties
$18,350 fine (with $6,000 suspended until the end of the 2021 season) issued to the club for upfront player payments and offers, as well as a breach of the total match fee limit and failing to lodge full payment details.
· Loss of four Approved Player Points System (APPS) points in both season 2019 and 2020.
· Loss of 16 premiership points in 2019 (equivalent of 4 wins).

Individual penalties
Club official John Cooper suspended for three years from holding any official role with an affiliated League or club and fined $2,000.
Senior coach at the time, Tim Leehane, suspended for 12 months from holding any official role with an affiliated League or club and fined $1,000.
Player Lachlan McGregor fined $3,500 ($1,000 of which is suspended) and suspended for eight matches in the 2019 season.
A second player, whose name is supressed, fined $1,500 ($1,000 of which is suspended) and suspended for two matches in the 2019 season.

SANFL Community Football Manager Matt Duldig said the penalties issued to Kybybolite FC and individuals involved were a reminder to all community football clubs that breaches of the salary cap regulations will be taken extremely seriously.

“The regulations, which are clear in not permitting any sign-on payments for players, have been in place for the past three years and there is no excuse for any player or official breaching these rules,” he said.

Mr Duldig said the Kybybolite FC, led by new President Jamie Tidy, had been fully co-operative during the investigation and that the current Executive of the club, all of whom were not involved in the breaches, had demonstrated a commitment to improving internal controls and taking the club in a positive direction.

Jamie Tidy said Kybybolite FC had a proud history and accepted full responsibility for the club’s actions.

“We are now working closely with SANFL to implement new processes within the club and ensure Kyby gets back on track to becoming a successful and sustainable football club in the future,” Mr Tidy said.

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:51 am

With only knowing what I've read out of the press it would seem a bit excessive if the SANFL were using Willaston as the baseline (albeit I thought what Willaston got was soft, this would seem to be about right)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:58 am

jo172 wrote:With only knowing what I've read out of the press it would seem a bit excessive if the SANFL were using Willaston as the baseline (albeit I thought what Willaston got was soft, this would seem to be about right)
The whack here might be more harsh as they are the 2nd club caught out. Also wasn't these payments made by a committee that was independent of the club's board of management? Severe lack of governance on the club's behalf.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League